Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2014, 06:26 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,783,616 times

Advertisements

In case you thought a moment of truth had slipped by in the State of the Union address when Obama assured us the no illegal aliens would be allowed to sign up for Obamacare (upon which Joe Wilson yelled from the gallery, "You lie!"), have no fear. Obama has maintained his perfect 0-for everything score for telling the truth about Obamacare.

And Wilson called it right.

--------------------------------------------

Obamacare Navigators Helping People Enroll At Mexican Consulates

Obamacare Navigators Helping People Enroll At Mexican Consulates

by Kerry Picket
27 Mar 2014, 11:42 AM PDT

The Obama administration has been helping to facilitate a series of events nationwide at Mexican Consulate offices to enroll people in Obamacare – and a key activist says the efforts are “our responsibility” regardless of citizenship. “Whether they’re Mexican nationals or whether they’re United States citizens or whether they’re in transition-- and if they’re there it is our responsibility within all of America to educate on the Affordable Care Act,” Enroll America Field Organizer Jose Medrano told Breitbart News on Wednesday.

Under the Affordable Care Act (ACA), undocumented immigrants aren't supposed to be receiving government-run health benefits or subsidized coverage. However, President Barack Obama told Latinos in early March that the Healthcare.gov website would not be used to find out about an individual’s immigration status. “None of the information that is provided in order for you to obtain health insurance is in any way transferred to immigration services,” he said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2014, 06:44 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,871,171 times
No surprise, that LYING TRAITOR Obama is a disgrace to the USA and should be impeached !

You can't blame Bush for this, so watch his supporters pull the "Race Card" regarding ANY criticism of this fool.

Old 03-27-2014, 07:05 PM

46,961 posts, read 25,990,037 times
I'm not a US citizen. Is it OK with you guys if I continue paying into my ACA-compliant insurance? Just checking...

Old 03-27-2014, 07:09 PM

3,555 posts, read 4,095,872 times
1. Illegal immigrants aren't eligible to sign-up, they have no way to sign up; if they try and it comes back they are not legal, they can't sign up, and their status will not be forwarded to the authorities.

2. Lots of legal immigrants still likely use the consulate as a resource, so what difference does is it really make where they sign up?

3. Would this be a problem if it were an Israeli consulate, or a British one?

Old 03-27-2014, 07:10 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
I'm not a US citizen. Is it OK with you guys if I continue paying into my ACA-compliant insurance? Just checking...
Love how the racists equate Mexican consulates with illegal aliens; as if every single Mexican national living here is an illegal immigrant

Old 03-27-2014, 07:11 PM

46,961 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Are you an undocumented immigrant?
No. Are we to assume everyone who seeks assistance at a Mexican consulate is?

Old 03-27-2014, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11 View Post
1. Illegal immigrants aren't eligible to sign-up, they have no way to sign up; if they try and it comes back they are not legal, they can't sign up, and their status will not be forwarded to the authorities.

2. Lots of legal immigrants still likely use the consulate as a resource, so what difference does is it really make where they sign up?

3. Would this be a problem if it were an Israeli consulate, or a British one?
Apparently Mexican consulate automatically equals illegal immigrants. How low can you get? When it comes to the haters, pretty low

Quote:
If you're a xenophobic neo-Confederate that dabbles in casual racism, then yes

Old 03-27-2014, 07:12 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,000,893 times
Quote:
No problems if you're paying for your coverage. Many citizens don't like that illegals/immigrants frequently receive many more FREE benefits that seem to flow to them before our own citizens. My understanding is that European countries will give free healthcare to anyone within their borders regardless of immigration status. This is NOT Europe and we certainly don't have anywhere near the lifestyle benefits or safety net that Europeans enjoy. Of course, if Europe actually paid for its OWN defense instead of relying on us, those benefits might not be affordable to those countries. Out of curiosity, why would you choose to live in this country? I thought Denmark is considered to be the "happiest country on earth"

Old 03-27-2014, 07:14 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,871,171 times
Quote:
Are we to assume no one is?

Like Illegal aliens don't share ID's or engage in identity theft AND fraud And continuously scam the system for freebies!

It would be extremely naïve to believe this isn't happening.

Old 03-27-2014, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
No problems if you're paying for your coverage. Many citizens don't like that illegals/immigrants frequently receive many more FREE benefits that seem to flow to them before our own citizens. My understanding is that European countries will give free healthcare to anyone within their borders regardless of immigration status. This is NOT Europe and we certainly don't have anywhere near the lifestyle benefits or safety net that Europeans enjoy. Of course, if Europe actually paid for its OWN defense instead of relying on us, those benefits might not be affordable to those countries. Out of curiosity, why would you choose to live in this country? I thought Denmark is considered to be the "happiest country on earth"
Only citizens and permanent residents are eligible for government assistance. I believe refugees are the only exception. The only way non-resident aliens are receiving public assistance is through their American born children, who are Americans. You might know them as "anchor babies".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies