Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Mr. Horn get life in prison for defending himself against two illegal alien criminals??
YES, he should get life in prison. 18 17.31%
NO, he should be set free! He had a right to personal safety. 77 74.04%
I do not know / Not sure 9 8.65%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 09:40 AM

3,337 posts, read 5,120,178 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I also would not wait around to see if someone in armed.. I also wouldnt be running out my door, chasing them to find out..

I'm sorry, were you there?

You don't think that your neighbor getting robbed is that much different than you getting robbed?? If a thief is successful in one area, the odds that they will return to that area increase. Your home could be next.

Mr. Horn did many people a favor, but go ahead and read the law word for word and continue to be at the mercy of some slick lawyer.

Old 12-10-2007, 09:45 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc5156 View Post
I'm sorry, were you there?

You don't think that your neighbor getting robbed is that much different than you getting robbed?? If a thief is successful in one area, the odds that they will return to that area increase. Your home could be next.

Mr. Horn did many people a favor, but go ahead and read the law word for word and continue to be at the mercy of some slick lawyer.
The audio tape shows he went looking for them, or are you denying the audio tape?

The law very CLEARLY says that you are not protected for defending YOUR NEIGHBOR nor does the law give you a defense based upon unknown factors about what "could be next".

Sorry but since Mr Horn is facing the court of law, not the court of public opinion, I'm using the court of law as the rationality in my answer.

There are many people in jail who have tons of support of public opinion, (such as those who believe drugs should be legal), they are however sitting in jail.

Old 12-10-2007, 09:47 AM

989 posts, read 2,762,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc5156 View Post
So if you are watching someone get raped, you won't do a thing to stop it? You know there are laws that say that you have to help, right?

I hope someone doesn't hold the same thoughts as you if you were being the victim of any crime. You're reliance that our courts will find the correct measure of justice may result in you being very disappointed. But continue to live in your own shell.
Maybe there was some sort of glaring ommission of necessary education somewhere along the line, BUT...

There is a significant difference between entering a home without permission and entering a vagina without permission

Old 12-10-2007, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evlevo View Post
Maybe there was some sort of glaring ommission of necessary education somewhere along the line, BUT...

There is a significant difference between entering a home without permission and entering a vagina without permission
haha.. I'm wishing I had thought of that one..

Old 12-10-2007, 09:55 AM

4,834 posts, read 6,122,761 times
Thumbs up I voted NO

I'll bet that those of you who think he should be prosecuted do not live in an area where the illegals make up 17% of the population but commit 33% of the crimes. Wish I could vote no again but the rules prohibit that...ah yes...rules..illegals have no regard for those do they?

Old 12-10-2007, 09:58 AM

Under the US law, Castle Rock vs Gonzales, the Supreme court found that the public has no legal obligation to police protection. This law was based upon an 1856 case, South vs Maryland which found that law enforcement officers have no duty to protect.

Now onto the rape comment. In 1982 Bowers Vs DeVito states
"...there is no Constitutional right to be protected by the state against being murdered by criminals or madmen.", if you have no right to be protected against murderers, you have no right to be protected against rapists.

Now where you do have rights
The Castle law states you do have a right.. to defend YOURSELF, against others, and use deadly force, IN YOUR OWN HOME.

No where legally does Mr Horn have a legal defense to run outside of his own home and kill people "he believed" to be burglarizing his neighbors..

Last edited by pghquest; 12-10-2007 at 11:25 AM..

Old 12-10-2007, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey_NC View Post
I'll bet that those of you who think he should be prosecuted do not live in an area where the illegals make up 17% of the population but commit 33% of the crimes. Wish I could vote no again but the rules prohibit that...ah yes...rules..illegals have no regard for those do they?
Your correct, I have very little illegals here that mutes the argument because the illegals, will not be spending time in jail.

Mr Horn is a US citizen, who agreed to abide by first, laws with being a citizen, and second, laws in regards to using a firearm.. He has violated both..

Just because illegals do not follow the laws does not make it ok for Mr Horn to not follow them either.

Old 12-10-2007, 10:06 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,172,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evlevo View Post
Yeah, but I could just see the second one happening...

Say Mr. Hero shoots the guy he *thinks* is raping the girl -- and the girl turns around and says "Hey, why'd you shoot my boyfriend?"

Old 12-10-2007, 10:08 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,172,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey_NC View Post
I live in Los Angeles. Do you honestly think that you have a larger population of illegals than we have here?

Old 12-10-2007, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
Yeah, but I could just see the second one happening...

Say Mr. Hero shoots the guy he *thinks* is raping the girl -- and the girl turns around and says "Hey, why'd you shoot my boyfriend?"
haha.. oooh you thought I was being raped.. noo, we were just roleplaying..

I could also see..
I see strangers coming out of my neighbors home, they are burglarizing them.. I'm going to shoot them.. Bang.. your dead..

Then my neighbor walks out and asks.. why did I shoot the guys helping her move?

When pressed by the police, she tells the police that she was moving because feared the gun toting neighbor who's paranoid of illegal aliens and being robbed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies