Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 04:31 PM

4,714 posts, read 13,315,952 times

Advertisements

Strange things are happening in the House of Representatives this week...Nanny Pelosi is sheparding the military appropriation bill through very quietly...
All of the Big money going to the Afghanistan side of the war...but those truck loads of newly printed cash will be re-routed to Iraq...to keep and maintain our troops...
thanks, Nancy...for keeping at least one commitment to the/our country...even if done begrudgingly...remember your/that oath on that bible?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2007, 05:15 PM

1,408 posts, read 4,863,030 times
Cowardly, military-loathing Congressional Democraps are scared to death of being responsible for the closure of military bases and/or reduction of the civilian DoD workforce right before Christmas—which is exactly what would happen if they withheld war funding.

Oh, for the days when both parties actually supported our military and prayed for victory in a time of war!

Old 12-06-2007, 05:32 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,334,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LancasterNative View Post
Cowardly, military-loathing Congressional Democraps are scared to death of being responsible for the closure of military bases and/or reduction of the civilian DoD workforce right before Christmas—which is exactly what would happen if they withheld war funding.

Oh, for the days when both parties actually supported our military and prayed for victory in a time of war!
Best line I heard last weekend was from (I believe) Mort Zuckerman:

"None of the presidential candidates wants to talk about Iraq. The Republicans are afraid things will get worse, and the Democrats are afraid that things will get better."

Old 12-06-2007, 05:37 PM

5,168 posts, read 11,439,950 times
democraps, huh, the level of maturity is just overwhelming...LOL.

Old 12-06-2007, 05:38 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,266,002 times
Funding our troops is vital to THEIR well being -

Old 12-06-2007, 05:50 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,631,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
"None of the presidential candidates wants to talk about Iraq. The Republicans are afraid things will get worse, and the Democrats are afraid that things will get better."
Political quote of the year nomination.

Old 12-06-2007, 06:22 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LancasterNative View Post

Not so sure they are "cowardly".. What I suspect, is that the Democrats at this time do not want to retreat, and then all hell break loose in Iraq, meaning that it would support a republican being elected.

By continuing the funding, and stabalizing Iraq.. then removing troops in a few years, under a Democratic administration, they will claim that they were successful in stopping the "war".. people will forget about the years it took, and remember that it was the Republicans that started war, Democrats stopped it.

They will surely milk it for years to come.. (Republicans would if given the opportunity I'm sure)

Old 12-06-2007, 06:28 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,408,066 times
Ah yes. All the hundreds of billions needed for "our troop's well-being."

Coming from an administration and Republican controlled Congress that sent these young people to fight without the courtesy of body armor, y'all can carp all you want about Republicans "caring about the troops" but we all know it's not true.

Meanwhile, the Iraq war is fought on credit, and no America loving Republican is willing to sacrifice ANYTHING to fund the war. (I mean, what are you afraid of? That the remaining dwindling percentage who still support the war will get upset?) How bout a gas tax folks? Or a couple more % tax levied during war time? Americans sacrificed during WW2, but today it's unheard of! Keep shopping folks! Support the troops!

Old 12-06-2007, 06:31 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,266,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Ah yes. All the hundreds of billions needed for "our troop's well-being."Support the troops!
Inasmuch as my son is there, taking fire, I would like to know that if his weapon is disabled that there will be a replacement.

I would like to know that, if he is wounded, that IV bags will be available to help save his life

OBTW, I know quite a few others who feel exactly as I do

Old 12-06-2007, 06:35 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Funding our troops is vital to THEIR well being -

As is having a competent Commander in Chief.

And a competent Commander does not put his troops in a position where he is unable to support them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies