Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2014, 03:09 PM

1,743 posts, read 1,660,258 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
You still are not getting it are you? You know all this inside info from your friend the cop but would still not tell your kid to get the hell away from anything like that altercation? You would still insist the person had the right to be there above any consideration given to the risk? Either from stupid cops or stupid rioters?

We're not debating whether there are stupid or bad cops, we are rather, debating about stupid people, of which this girl was one. Given one scintilla of your "inside info" about cops in general; is it your position this adult woman should have stayed in the immediate area or would YOU have advised her to get her silly azz out of there post haste? Are you not prepared in your adult life to admit that while eveyone has rights there are times when you can be absolutely within your rights but just as absolutely DEAD?

A pedestrain has the right of way; would you cross a street without looking both ways? See a car coming cross anyway, because after all, you have that right? Smart or stupid?

Keep cheering on for the police state. I know exactly what we are talking about , we are talking about a controlled riot . We are talking about a young female that was possibly trying to leave the scene but got close lined by some loser cop with too much authority. Or , maybe she was trying to catch up to a group of friends that were in a different area?

Whats the risk? That a cop is allowed to do whatever they want to you in a non violent scene? Nothing was going on at the moment , these people were not provoking or attacking the cops from behind.

Let me know when your wife or daughter gets beaten down or knocked out, then you can look them in the face and say , "hey sweetie thats what you get for not listening to me and being in the wrong place. Im going to go thank the cop for close lining you from behind with a baton".

Listen , you can live your life in a police state, give up your rights for so called security , and bend over for them. I will live my life the way i see it , educate my kids from right and wrong, and teach them to know their rights.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2014, 03:18 PM

2,172 posts, read 1,455,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Animals behaving like animals and some people were watching the tamers of the animals and possibly got swept up in the momentum.
Just to clarify...
As indicated throughout several posts, you're a police apologist completely fine with the use of unwarranted and excessive force.
So much for battling tyranny or keeping law enforcement in check.
Per your summations, she basically "had it coming to her" since she was in an area of police activity.
Given all the bluster posted elsewhere, coward hadn't come to mind. Oh well....

Old 04-03-2014, 03:29 PM

2,819 posts, read 2,116,698 times
Whatever the situation was that night, the officer had no good reason to attack the young lady.

Some believe that the attack was warranted simply because she was there. If the officer in question uses that as his defense, it will not go well for him.

Old 04-03-2014, 03:41 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,851,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerMtn View Post
'It was excessive force': Unarmed woman shoved over bench by cop during student protests speaks out for first as officer is re-assigned after furious backlash | Mail Online

Watch the video! Google for more information. The victim was on Good Morning America this morning. The thug coward cop, Sgt. Joel Mann, has been reassigned for "safety reasons". If that had been my daughter this piece of filth would have 5 or so 30 round magazines pumped into his worthless carcass!

Oh, of course the cops are already covering for their "brother" in typical gang fashion. See what they're saying:

Video: Ariz. cops under fire for riot 'blindside'
when are you guys going to realize anything can be done with a video camera? 90% of these videos are phony or only tell 1/2 the story. When the main media outlets start covering them I will believe it. Until then, they are just real in someone's fantasy land...

Old 04-03-2014, 03:44 PM

2,172 posts, read 1,455,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
when are you guys going to realize anything can be done with a video camera? 90% of these videos are phony or only tell 1/2 the story. When the main media outlets start covering them I will believe it. Until then, they are just real in someone's fantasy land...
Take your pick - it's being widely covered.

Tuscon's own ABC15

Maybe you prefer Fox

Old 04-03-2014, 03:56 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,511,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aedubber View Post
Keep cheering on for the police state. I know exactly what we are talking about , we are talking about a controlled riot . We are talking about a young female that was possibly trying to leave the scene but got close lined by some loser cop with too much authority. Or , maybe she was trying to catch up to a group of friends that were in a different area?

Whats the risk? That a cop is allowed to do whatever they want to you in a non violent scene? Nothing was going on at the moment , these people were not provoking or attacking the cops from behind.

Let me know when your wife or daughter gets beaten down or knocked out, then you can look them in the face and say , "hey sweetie thats what you get for not listening to me and being in the wrong place. Im going to go thank the cop for close lining you from behind with a baton".

Listen , you can live your life in a police state, give up your rights for so called security , and bend over for them. I will live my life the way i see it , educate my kids from right and wrong, and teach them to know their rights.
What the hell is wrong with you? I'm not cheering for the police state. I've been aware of the erosion of police integrity for longer than you've probably been wearing long pants.

What kind of nut calls a riot controlled? The very definition of riot precludes the word controlled being used to describe it.

Here's the part you still aren't getting: my wife or daughter are not stupid enough to simply stand there observing a "controlled riot" in the same manner as interstate accident rubber-neckers slowing down hoping to get a sight of blood.

You go ahead and stand on your rights the very next time a couple of cops stop you without, in your little mind, having probable cause. You just feel free to go right ahead and jump up on your little rights platform and tell them your thoughts, vis-a-vis your rights. Sheesh; I've already spent far too much time trying to describe the idiotic behaviour of some, versus common sense DURING THE EVENT.

It won't be me looking into my family's eyes after they've been treated roughly by any cop; I'm the one telling them to use their brain pan for something other than a tea cozy and get the hell away from any event where cops are dressed in riot gear, and carrying batons. You however, are another story altogether, and will reap what you sow.

Old 04-03-2014, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erratikmind View Post
Whatever the situation was that night, the officer had no good reason to attack the young lady.

Some believe that the attack was warranted simply because she was there. If the officer in question uses that as his defense, it will not go well for him.
Some are doing no such thing! they are NOT suggesting, in any manner, the attack was warranted. They are however, suggesting that maturity brings with it the realization bad things happen to good people. Anybody remember Kent State?

Standing around rubber-necking at any event where objects were recently thrown at a line of cops all dressed in riot gear with shields and carrying batons would not be the decision of anyone with even a modicum of common sense and maturity.

Not one of you on here with the ability to think and reason how you get your next bannana would state that knowing or seeing on TV, your daughter was right there rubber-necking with her cel-phone turned on would not also state you'd have called her stupid azz and told her to get the hell away from there leaving nothing but a smoke trail behind her little stupid feet!

Sheesh; when did debating common sense behaviour become the freak'n norm.

Old 04-03-2014, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
So your 1st reaction is to go and push a girl in the back?

WTH?
Damn it to hell who is talking about legitimizing such behaviour? Certainly not me. The cop was wrong and should be punished accordingly.

I'm not a cop nor have I ever had to line up with any of them to have stuff thrown at me while attempting to quell a riot. I am however, a reasonably intelligent adult who would walk three blocks out of his way to avoid such a confrontation rather than stand there mouth-breathing in complete ignorance of the possibilities of harm to me.

For you who are obviously reading comprehension impaired: I'm stating for the record; anyone standing around watching/rubber-necking while there are a line of cops all dressed in riot gear and carrying batons quelling a riot is not exercising the greatest, or even the smallest, degree of common sense.

Old 04-03-2014, 04:26 PM

1,743 posts, read 1,660,258 times
Quote:
What the hell is wrong with you? I'm not cheering for the police state. I've been aware of the erosion of police integrity for longer than you've probably been wearing long pants.

What kind of nut calls a riot controlled? The very definition of riot precludes the word controlled being used to describe it.

Here's the part you still aren't getting: my wife or daughter are not stupid enough to simply stand there observing a "controlled riot" in the same manner as interstate accident rubber-neckers slowing down hoping to get a sight of blood.

You go ahead and stand on your rights the very next time a couple of cops stop you without, in your little mind, having probable cause. You just feel free to go right ahead and jump up on your little rights platform and tell them your thoughts, vis-a-vis your rights. Sheesh; I've already spent far too much time trying to describe the idiotic behaviour of some, versus common sense DURING THE EVENT.

It won't be me looking into my family's eyes after they've been treated roughly by any cop; I'm the one telling them to use their brain pan for something other than a tea cozy and get the hell away from any event where cops are dressed in riot gear, and carrying batons. You however, are another story altogether, and will reap what you sow.

So now i am a nut since i said the police got the riot under control. Seems to me they did , otherwise it would of been mayhem. Stop trying to use a dictionary to asses a situation.

How do you know they wouldnt just stand there? Because you told them not to or because its bad ? Come back down that cloud you live on , just because you preach or tell someone it is bad doesnt mean they would listen to you. Maybe if you would view the video again and see that the GIRL WAS NOT DOING ANYTHING , so yeah she has a right to be there. It was a legal protest that turned into a somewhat riot. The riot was contained and under control. There were many other citizens standing around and walking such as the woman that got pummeled by a pig.

Thats right , i know my rights and will use them everyday to put scumbags in check. So now we should surrender our rights because someone with a metal badge and uniform says so? LOL um no thanks.

Think what you want , but in this little perfect life picture you have in your head , that doesnt exist and never will. You should know teens never listen but that doesnt mean they deserve to be attacked and violated from some punk to learn a lesson.

Old 04-03-2014, 04:30 PM

2,819 posts, read 2,116,698 times
Quote:
Damn it to hell who is talking about legitimizing such behaviour? Certainly not me. The cop was wrong and should be punished accordingly.

I'm not a cop nor have I ever had to line up with any of them to have stuff thrown at me while attempting to quell a riot. I am however, a reasonably intelligent adult who would walk three blocks out of his way to avoid such a confrontation rather than stand there mouth-breathing in complete ignorance of the possibilities of harm to me.

For you who are obviously reading comprehension impaired: I'm stating for the record; anyone standing around watching/rubber-necking while there are a line of cops all dressed in riot gear and carrying batons quelling a riot is not exercising the greatest, or even the smallest, degree of common sense.
Now, we are in complete agreement.

I do agree with you with regard to placing yourself in a potentially bad situation when it is not necessary. I have always warned my kids about that.

Hey, it's the internet. Things are easily misunderstood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies