Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2014, 11:39 AM

1,825 posts, read 1,420,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
These people are nothing more than corrupt, pathetic trash. They don't care about fraud, they only win via fraud and lies. Look at the people in this thread who are DEFENDING voter fraud, they're all left wing idiots to the core.

This story isn't about some alleged instance of one woman voting 3 times, this is about hard evidence that proves that thousands of people have voted more than once in recent elections and these morons couldn't care less. You can bet if it was proven that these fraudulent votes were for conservative candidates they would certainly care... but they know that's not the case.
So you believe that if you happen to share a name and birthday with someone in a different state you should not be allowed to vote?

Old 04-03-2014, 11:42 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,172,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
When you have a solid number, let us know.
I repeat an earlier post, hypocrite. If it was a single republican doing this, they would be all over it, senate hearings, warrants, swat teams, you name it.

Old 04-03-2014, 11:44 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,091,534 times
Quote:
These people are nothing more than corrupt, pathetic trash. They don't care about fraud, they only win via fraud and lies. Look at the people in this thread who are DEFENDING voter fraud, they're all left wing idiots to the core.
Gosh... you got me all excited. I went back to "look at the people in this thread who are DEFENDING voter fraud." I can't find any.

Why'd you lead me on like that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow
This story isn't about some alleged instance of one woman voting 3 times, this is about hard evidence that proves that thousands of people have voted more than once in recent elections and these morons couldn't care less.
Gong.

There is no evidence here (let alone "hard evidence") that "thousands of people have voted more than once in recent elections." There is evidence (still not hard) that less than 800 people might have.

I've told you a million times to not exaggerate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow
You can bet if it was proven that these fraudulent votes were for conservative candidates they would certainly care... but they know that's not the case.
I have no doubt whatsoever that roughly half of these votes went to Romney. That's because we know it's not a deliberate and systemic fraud since the numbers are so vanishingly small.

14,888 posts, read 10,047,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egbert View Post
So you believe that if you happen to share a name and birthday with someone in a different state you should not be allowed to vote?
I believe that if you share a name, birthday and SSN and you are voting in 2 states someone should check into case to figure out what's going on. Do you know what the odds are of finding people in 2 different states with the exact same name and birthday a couple thousand times and it NOT being the same person?

Don't be stupid, there is plenty enough proof in this story alone to warrant an investigation and anyone who claims there isn't is simply lying for political gain.

42,732 posts, read 29,905,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
But we're not talking about ONE VOTE are we ?
We don't know how many. First, the OP's claim was 35,750 cases of voter fraud. Well, that's not true. Your beloved Fox News even says it's not true.

Hundreds of cases of potential voter fraud uncovered in North Carolina | Fox News

When the number of lawful voters denied the right to vote exceeds the number of unlawful voters that a law prevents from voting, then it's a BAD law. And that seems to be the case with Voter ID laws. When the proposed law doesn't even prevent those unlawful votes, that's a BAD law. And Voter ID laws would do nothing to stop the kind of fraud that's alleged here.

So here's your problem. Voter fraud is a negligible problem, because it only becomes a problem when it actually affects the outcome of an election. And in the United States, in recent years, the GOP scaremongers have repeatedly alleged how widespread voter fraud is, and then FAILED to prove it, instead, proving over and over and over again, how relatively rare it is.

While no one wants any voter fraud to occur, it becomes more of a problem when it is perpetrated by election or party officials. And of course, voter ID laws would not impact these kinds of fraud at all. Nor would voter ID laws affect the VAST MAJORITY of those rare cases of voter fraud.

It's like offering a kool-aid soaked rag to wipe up the wine spill in the cream-colored carpet. The solution won't fix the problem, and will create more problems. And what's even more amazing is that there's club soda sitting right there within reach. But conservatives keep on reaching for the kool-aid soaked rag. Every time.

Old 04-03-2014, 11:45 AM

1,825 posts, read 1,420,346 times
Quote:
I believe that if you share a name, birthday and SSN and you are voting in 2 states someone should check into case to figure out what's going on. Do you know what the odds are of finding people in 2 different states with the exact same name and birthday a couple thousand times and it NOT being the same person?

Don't be stupid, there is plenty enough proof in this story alone to warrant an investigation and anyone who claims there isn't is simply lying for political gain.
Except that the "thousands" you mention didn't share a SSN. So either you are backpeddling, omitting, or just plain lying.

I would also suspect that the odds are low of having the same birthday and name. However that explains why it only happens in about 8/1000 cases.

Old 04-03-2014, 11:45 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,091,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
I repeat an earlier post, hypocrite. If it was a single republican doing this, they would be all over it, senate hearings, warrants, swat teams, you name it.
I've read that post now about six times. It makes about as much sense as a nursery rhyme.

Old 04-03-2014, 11:46 AM

46,319 posts, read 27,145,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Says they guy who wouldn't understand "evidence" if it bit him on the face.

All you have to do is prove what you say....so show me......where I have been provide factual evidence (of what ever) that proves I was wrong and then I still said I was right....

Go ahead...tic-toc...I'll wait....

Old 04-03-2014, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Gosh... you got me all excited. I went back to "look at the people in this thread who are DEFENDING voter fraud." I can't find any.

Why'd you lead me on like that?

Gong.

There is no evidence here (let alone "hard evidence") that "thousands of people have voted more than once in recent elections." There is evidence (still not hard) that less than 800 people might have.

I've told you a million times to not exaggerate.

I have no doubt whatsoever that roughly half of these votes went to Romney. That's because we know it's not a deliberate and systemic fraud since the numbers are so vanishingly small.
You repeatedly defend voter fraud when it benefits your candidates and you fight against any effort anyone makes to investigate and prevent that fraud therefore I've got no time to deal with your ignorant BS.

GFY

Old 04-03-2014, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egbert View Post
Except that the "thousands" you mention didn't share a SSN. So either you are backpeddling, omitting, or just plain lying.

I would also suspect that the odds are low of having the same birthday and name. However that explains why it only happens in about 8/1000 cases.
These results are only from a handful of states, states where Democrats aren't politically able to block joining this investigation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies