Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2014, 05:26 PM

26,562 posts, read 14,438,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britt Reid View Post
Stop with the baseless smears.
oh the irony.

Old 04-04-2014, 06:05 PM

39,219 posts, read 27,589,701 times
For the most part military posts/bases are very secure and safe. The military keeps who carries a loaded weapon and when under tight control for a reason.

Old 04-04-2014, 06:11 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,869,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baxendale View Post
The last 6 months of my 3 year tour in the Marine Corps was spent as an MP at Camp Lejeune. During that period I had to break up a number of fights at the Enlisted Mens Club. Of course I had the edge because I was carrying a nightstick and a 45. I wouldn't want to be an MP if everyone was packing.
So, let's see, who should I give more credence to? Someone who was an actual MP on a military base, or a half-term, half-wit, quitter reality star?

Hmm, tough choice...

Old 04-04-2014, 06:14 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,187,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
Has sarah palin ever been in the military? What does she know about military bases, exercises or drills? If the answer is nothing, then there's your answer. That goes for her being president too. I want someone that can do their job and not quit. I also want someone thats not going to comment after the fact to make themselves look good
That's the thing. She knows NOTHING about the military and life on a military base.

Having all troops walking around with guns is asinine.

Old 04-04-2014, 06:16 PM

39,219 posts, read 27,589,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
So, let's see, who should I give more credence to? Someone who was an actual MP on a military base, or a half-term, half-wit, quitter reality star?

Hmm, tough choice...
exactly

"I don't think soldiers should have concealed weapons on base," Lt. Gen. Mark Milley, the commander of Fort Hood, said at a news conference on Wednesday."

"This is the third mass shooting on a military base in five years, and it's because our trained soldiers aren't allowed to carry defensive weapons," Texas Republican Rep. Steve Stockman"

Now which one of those two you find more credible, common sense tells me it is not the dude who gets NRA money stuffed into his wallet.

Old 04-04-2014, 06:39 PM

57,242 posts, read 26,186,773 times
The last thing these bases want to deal with is everyone on base carrying a gun, just asking for trouble. They sell alcohol on many of these bases, add in soldiers with PTSD, high suicide rate and other issues and the cure becomes worse than the original problem. It's unfortunate but there is not a great deal that can done in situations like this, there were few warning signs.

Old 04-04-2014, 06:45 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,892,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
exactly

"I don't think soldiers should have concealed weapons on base," Lt. Gen. Mark Milley, the commander of Fort Hood, said at a news conference on Wednesday."

"This is the third mass shooting on a military base in five years, and it's because our trained soldiers aren't allowed to carry defensive weapons," Texas Republican Rep. Steve Stockman"

Now which one of those two you find more credible, common sense tells me it is not the dude who gets NRA money stuffed into his wallet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
So, let's see, who should I give more credence to?
Someone who was an actual MP on a military base, or a half-term, half-wit,
quitter reality star?
The only problem is, making a law or rule that says "no soldier is allowed to carry on base" doesn't actually prevent anyone from carrying a gun, as two attacks on Fort Hood, and numerous other attacks in supposed "gun free zones" so clearly proves.

Not only that, but why would you give more credence to Lt. Gen. Mark Milley than you would to Ret. Sgt. Alonzo Lunsford, who, after being shot seven times, survived the 2009 attack on Fort Hood and believes that if soldiers were allowed to carry guns on base that this type of tragedy might be prevented? Why is Ret. Sgt. Alonzo Lunsford's opinion any less credible?

Fort Hood 2009 Survivor to Ronan Farrow: ‘More Guns’ Are the Answer | Mediaite

Old 04-04-2014, 06:47 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,336,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Loney View Post
Why not compare yours to Obama's? See how easy this is?
Until he was POTUS I would have been a little ahead...but, not much.

Old 04-04-2014, 06:50 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,320,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Loney View Post
Once again. Explain this?

Palin Witchcraft - YouTube
He has such a chubby for Palin that there is virtually no blood going above his waist. None to the brain, retinas or ears.
There's your explanation.

Old 04-04-2014, 06:50 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,336,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The last thing these bases want to deal with is everyone on base carrying a gun, just asking for trouble. They sell alcohol on many of these bases, add in soldiers with PTSD, high suicide rate and other issues and the cure becomes worse than the original problem. It's unfortunate but there is not a great deal that can done in situations like this, there were few warning signs.
That being true...doesn't a military person have the same right to defend themselves as I do???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies