Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2014, 08:35 AM

25,850 posts, read 16,547,069 times

Advertisements

I was wondering when someone would start saying this. Make it illegal to doubt man made GW.

Old 04-03-2014, 08:39 AM

4,130 posts, read 4,464,216 times
Well, I can see the authors point...even though I don't agree. It's not disagreement or even being skeptical of global warming, which shows most of the people in the thread haven't read a word of the article. If people go out of their way to make sure people aren't prepared for events where people die the writer thinks those people should be held responsible.

As example, if some one campaigned and got the hurricane barriers torn down outside of Miami saying hurricanes are myths...and a hurricane sweeps in that kills people...or if someone campaigned not to have snowplows in Minnisota and people died because of food shortages and inability to get to downed lines.

If people agree or not, he does have the freedom of speech...unless it only applies to those you like.

Also, that one person's opinion applies to all folk who accept the reality of global warming lacks integrity. I can say that global warming denialists are closeted freakshows because Larry Craig solicited an agent in a Denver airport bathroom. Do you really want to start that ****?

Old 04-03-2014, 08:40 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,595,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
I love how the OP doesn't know that GAWKER often does tongue and cheek headlines. Maybe he really thought the martians were attacking when GAWKER had the headline "Mars attacks!"?
aaaaand... the apologists arrive.

how do you know what the OP does or does not know? this article is clearly not tongue in cheek.

Old 04-03-2014, 08:41 AM

10,581 posts, read 9,791,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
If the global warmers keep getting more shrill and hysterical than eventually only dogs will hear them.
Only dogs hear them now. Because no one else is listening.

Old 04-03-2014, 08:43 AM

25,850 posts, read 16,547,069 times
And here it is, 34 degrees on April 3rd and 12" of snow is in the forecast. Coldest, snowiest winter I can remember in my life.

Old 04-03-2014, 08:50 AM

20,467 posts, read 12,395,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikBEggs View Post
We should, however... arrest politicians accepting political donations from Big Oil to lie on their behalf about climate change. Charge and arrest them for treason.
should we arrest those that take money from Big Banks who are pushing for Government intervention to create Carbon Trading Exchanges where they stand to make hundreds of BILLIONS of dollars?

Or should we arrest the ones taking money from Big Green Energy companies that are getting BILLIONS of dollars then going bust with fake schemes to build turbines and solar stations that end up on the dust heap?

You really want to go there?

Old 04-03-2014, 08:51 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,240,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
should we arrest those that take money from Big Banks who are pushing for Government intervention to create Carbon Trading Exchanges where they stand to make hundreds of BILLIONS of dollars?

Or should we arrest the ones taking money from Big Green Energy companies that are getting BILLIONS of dollars then going bust with fake schemes to build turbines and solar stations that end up on the dust heap?

You really want to go there?
Environazis do.

Old 04-03-2014, 08:59 AM

30,274 posts, read 23,762,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
Well, I can see the authors point...even though I don't agree. It's not disagreement or even being skeptical of global warming, which shows most of the people in the thread haven't read a word of the article. If people go out of their way to make sure people aren't prepared for events where people die the writer thinks those people should be held responsible.

As example, if some one campaigned and got the hurricane barriers torn down outside of Miami saying hurricanes are myths...and a hurricane sweeps in that kills people...or if someone campaigned not to have snowplows in Minnisota and people died because of food shortages and inability to get to downed lines.

If people agree or not, he does have the freedom of speech...unless it only applies to those you like.

Also, that one person's opinion applies to all folk who accept the reality of global warming lacks integrity. I can say that global warming denialists are closeted freakshows because Larry Craig solicited an agent in a Denver airport bathroom. Do you really want to start that ****?
You're assuming that people haven't read the entire article. Here are some samples:

Quote:
I'm talking about Rush and his multi-million-dollar ilk in the disinformation business. I'm talking about Americans for Prosperity and the businesses and billionaires who back its obfuscatory propaganda. I'm talking about public persons and organizations and corporations for whom denying a fundamental scientific fact is profitable, who encourage the acceleration of an anti-environment course of unregulated consumption and production that, frankly, will screw my son and your children and whatever progeny they manage to have.
and

Quote:
But First Amendment rights have never been absolute. You still can't yell "fire" in a crowded theater. You shouldn't be able to yell "balderdash" at 10,883 scientific journal articles a year, all saying the same thing: This is a problem, and we should take some preparations for when it becomes a bigger problem.
What they are saying is that if you're a public figure, you better tell everyone that listens to you that glowbull worming is real, or you'll go to jail.

That's the dumbest pile of garbage I've read in some time. They are throwing a hissy fit because public figures who disagree with them, and point out that their b.s. "facts" about climate change are, in fact, "balderdash", won't lie to the public and tell them to run screaming for the hills because the sky is falling.

They can go pound sand.

Their little chart just above all of that says:

cold days, cold nights, and frost less frequent over land areas: Very likely.

They should come up to New England.

More frequent hot days and nights: Very likely.

Heat waves more frequent over most land areas: Very likely.

etc, etc.

I have a huge backyard of their "frequent hot days and nights" and "heat waves". In fact, we just got more "heat waves" a couple of days ago when it fell from the sky in little white flakes.

Old 04-03-2014, 09:04 AM

4,130 posts, read 4,464,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
What they are saying is that if you're a public figure, you better tell everyone that listens to you that glowbull worming is real, or you'll go to jail.
I don't think anyone believes glowbull worming is real.

Old 04-03-2014, 09:05 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,836,261 times
It's a matter of science, and if it were severe enough, it could cause mass extinction. I am unconvinced that it's going on right now though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies