Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2014, 09:30 AM

1,074 posts, read 758,238 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohirette View Post
I totally want to know which "conservative" website it blocked. I tried the handful that I could think of off the top of my head, and had no issues.
Insert Witty "War on Women" Paycheck Fairness Reference Here | RedState

They may only be selectively doing this, perhaps based on content.

I don't read Red State on a regular basis, but it is one of my bookmarks. I just don't have the time to look at every site I like every day. I usually just start out by reading articles at American Thinker, and often follow links there. Sometimes I will go to Real Clear Politics, PJ Media, or Fox News or a few others. Red State isn't one of my 'regulars' but I do like what Erik Erikson writes. He filled in for Rush one day, and I was hooked.

Old 04-09-2014, 09:31 AM

8,982 posts, read 10,463,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamencoFreak View Post
Sorry, it did happen and I'll give you the example. But first you can read about it here: Blog: Firefox Expands Into Censorship Update: HOAX!)

This article shows the same image I got when I tried to go to Insert Witty "War on Women" Paycheck Fairness Reference Here | RedState

This is so egregious there are no words for it.
What part of "hoax" do you not understand?

Old 04-09-2014, 09:33 AM

679 posts, read 614,952 times
I doubt if someone would make a big deal out of this, but can't Red State get in trouble for doing something like this and saying that it was Mozilla that was blocking their website, when in fact it was them doing it to "send a message"?

I mean, as you've seen right here, some people took it as real. I guess it might fall under parody rules, but it seems kind of iffy

Old 04-09-2014, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
What site? I use Firefox and haven't seen anything like that.
This site, for starters. I don't know how many others there may be.

I think I'm going to contact Red State and alert them, if they don't already know about this.

Old 04-09-2014, 09:36 AM

8,982 posts, read 10,463,986 times
Quote:
This site, for starters. I don't know how many others there may be.

I think I'm going to contact Red State and alert them, if they don't already know about this.
For at least the eighth time: RedState did it themselves. See links up thread.

Old 04-09-2014, 09:36 AM

Exactly! I think I'm totally finished with them. I had not really taken any action to delete it, because I do Web design work, and I have to check my work in other browsers. But, I'm through using it as my browser.

Old 04-09-2014, 09:37 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,467,310 times
Quote:
Sorry, it did happen and I'll give you the example. But first you can read about it here: Blog: Firefox Expands Into Censorship Update: HOAX!)

This article shows the same image I got when I tried to go to Insert Witty "War on Women" Paycheck Fairness Reference Here | RedState

This is so egregious there are no words for it.
HOAX. Your blindness and refusal to admit that are so egregious there are no words for it

Old 04-09-2014, 09:37 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,680,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
Those messages are being displayed BY CONSERVATIVE WEBSITES THEMSELVES because they want their users to boycott Mozilla.
Give examples of this boycott of Mozilla by conservative web sites, and examples of these messages (besides the satire from Red State).

Old 04-09-2014, 09:38 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,103,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eborg View Post
I doubt if someone would make a big deal out of this, but can't Red State get in trouble for doing something like this and saying that it was Mozilla that was blocking their website, when in fact it was them doing it to "send a message"?

I mean, as you've seen right here, some people took it as real. I guess it might fall under parody rules, but it seems kind of iffy
RedState has exposed itself to a massive lawsuit for libel by Mozilla.

Old 04-09-2014, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Blog: Firefox Expands Into Censorship Update: HOAX!)

Red State has admitted this is a hoax:
Today, users of the Firefox web browser were given a message when accessing most of our Front Page content at RedState. They were told that this site could not be displayed, because of a conflict with the values of the Mozilla corporation, and they were suggested to visit another site.
We put that message up, because we wanted to remind people that the totalitarian impulse of the Mozilla corporation is real, and if you haven’t been Made to Care yet, you will be soon.
I don't believe that. They are not the kind of company that would do this. There would be backlash. I don't believe that for a minute. This would have to be done by Firefox.

I'm not finding anything on Red State that says it's a hoax.

Okay... I see the Update on AT.

Whoever is responsible for this should be ashamed and be punished. This is bad. Just not right, no matter what you may think of Mozilla. And I already put in my second call to Mozilla (first one after the firing of Brendan Eich).

What is the matter with people?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies