Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2014, 08:59 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,034,806 times

Advertisements

Alabama Democrat’s $100,000 Challenge to a ‘Whole Bunch of Whites’ Backfires

That moron better pay up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2014, 09:14 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,050,022 times
A good thing did come of it... love seeing all the photos of happy families and hearing the stories.

And hey, maybe he'll donate to a charitable group. We shall see...

Old 04-11-2014, 09:31 AM

241 posts, read 172,315 times
This is STUPID all around. Truly.

Old 04-11-2014, 09:43 AM

45,543 posts, read 27,160,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
A good thing did come of it... love seeing all the photos of happy families and hearing the stories.

And hey, maybe he'll donate to a charitable group. We shall see...
He should have the money - it would be good PR for him to admit his mistake and pay up.

However, it would be counterproductive for any Democrat to admit race relations is improving - so I won't hold my breath.

Old 04-11-2014, 09:44 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,675,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
This statement illustrates that this liberal dem is no different then this democrat. They both have their carefully crafted straw men, which represent that which is totally wrong, but which they believe in their heart and souls is true.

In the case of Rep. Alvin Holmes, he believes whites are all a bunch of racist bigots, and nothing will ever convince him otherwise. They have potatoes in their ears and only hear what they want to hear, and no amount of facts or truth can pierce that potato head of theirs.

Just like i said in that other thread: The disturbing thing is that these ignorant people, with potatoes in their ears, and straw men at their side, are going into our government and writing laws and regulations that fit their twisted straw man view of the world, and of us.

After the group showed up, Holmes doubled down on his comments, telling a local television station, ”The majority of the white people in the state of Alabama are against adopting black children.” The group has asked for an apology from Holmes and some are calling for his resignation.

Just imagine what these people think of you, if you were a white man, member of the TEA Party and were a AGW skeptic, hell they would probably feel justified to throw you in prison without a moments thought, because their army of straw men tell them how evil, ignorant, dangerous and bigoted you are. Yes, they rely on their straw man illusions to vote on legislation to control the evil people they see among them.

Last edited by OICU812; 04-11-2014 at 10:19 AM..

Old 04-11-2014, 09:47 AM

26,476 posts, read 15,060,677 times
Another racist democrat claiming to be tolerant.

Old 04-11-2014, 09:48 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,050,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
He should have the money - it would be good PR for him to admit his mistake and pay up.

However, it would be counterproductive for any Democrat to admit race relations is improving - so I won't hold my breath.
Yes.
He should apologize, and then send all of that wager money to a non-partisan, charitable group.

Old 04-11-2014, 09:51 AM

679 posts, read 614,687 times
It will be interesting to see how this plays out but I SERIOUSLY doubt that anywhere near 100k ever gets paid out. I can see him making a donation to an adoption program or something but I would bet it's around 5k, doubtful it would even be 10k.

But this happens every once and awhile with the proliferation of information with the internet. People getting busted for making bets that they shouldn't. Just like that Falcons player that said he'd give a guy on twitter season tickets if a team won during March Madness, or Aaron Rogers with the bet that his buddy wasn't taking any PED's.

It's humorous watching him squirm though

Old 04-11-2014, 09:54 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,185,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post

Race relations aren't "improving." That's ridiculous. Do you actually read the posts on this board?

Race relations have been basically static in this country for the most part over the last 30 years. Not horrible and not great.

In any case, this whole episode was kinda stupid. This idiot connected two totally unrelated issues.

I agree with him that a hell of a lot of white Alabamans that are anti-abortion advocates would have a QUICK change of heart if their daughter was impregnated by a black male. You'd be nuts to believe otherwise.

But that has nothing to do with the good white people of Alabama that would adopt a black baby. That's a completely different issue.

Old 04-11-2014, 09:55 AM

1,136 posts, read 941,802 times
That's not even the whole issue. It's funny how whites in Alamaba need to "prove" they are not racist by adopting blacks. I mean, say there were only one or two ...then that "proves" racism? That's interesting, right? Obviously, it's great that they totally smacked him down, but the issue is that they needed to in the first place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies