Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2014, 04:26 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,204,331 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
Six words - SHE WAS ELECTED GOVERNOR, Were YOU?
And then quit before she finished a single term. Must have been too hard for her to handle.

Old 04-11-2014, 06:15 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,746,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
Who discovered the Earth revolves around the sun? Scientists.

Only 6% of scientists are republicans.

Only Six Percent Of Scientists Are Republicans: Pew Poll

What have republicans contributed to science with them only being 6% of scientists?

And if this world only had republicans would we even know the Earth revolves around the sun?
So just because most us favor difference careers save business of science we are less intelligent?

And we would have learn that alot earlier had the church had its power greatly limited.

Old 04-11-2014, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Ouch, well that explains why Republicans aren't in favor of funding science.
Not wanting to waste 500,000$ on the research of duck genitals does not mean a person isanti science their are just anti waste and pro common sense..

Old 04-11-2014, 06:18 PM

1,136 posts, read 942,839 times
Quote:
Who discovered the Earth revolves around the sun? Scientists.

Only 6% of scientists are republicans.

Only Six Percent Of Scientists Are Republicans: Pew Poll

What have republicans contributed to science with them only being 6% of scientists?

And if this world only had republicans would we even know the Earth revolves around the sun?
The worst part is the staggering amount of logical fallacies contained within a post that purportedly celebrates the scientific powers of Democrats.

Old 04-11-2014, 06:21 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,204,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
Not wanting to waste 500,000$ on the research of duck genitals does not mean a person isanti science their are just anti waste and pro common sense..
Yes, I am sure you are an expert on everything that is science.

Old 04-11-2014, 06:25 PM

Quote:
The above republican sources are manipulating the question on the survey, and they are manipulating the survey results.

The actual question was "knowing the Earth revolves around the sun, and it takes a year (by political group.)"

The following are the official survey results for the above question, and what percentage of certain political groups knew the answer to the above question.

Conservative republican- 67.3%
Liberal Indep.- 67.2%
Liberal democrat- 64.0%
Liberal- 62.9%
Republican- 61.1%
ex.ex.......

The conservative republicans beat liberals Indep.'s by 1/10 of a percentage point. But liberals took 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place. This is certainly not a solid defeat by conservatives or republicans.

The above republican sources manipulated the survey results in a major way.

The following link shows the survey results from (all) American political groups.

More Than Half Of Democrats Do Not Know The Earth Revolves Around The Sun Once a Year

The full survey results do show certain kinds of democrats did poorly on the above survey question. Perhaps one possible explanation for this is many democrats are poverty stricken Americans. These Americans attended dismal public schools, have very high high school drop out rates, ex.ex.

But regardless the OP's conservative sources manipulated the survey results in a major way.
Maybe you guys should help us improve education by getting school vouchers and chatter schools as a basic choice to all parents so they can have the chance to send their kids to get a great education.

Old 04-11-2014, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Yes, I am sure you are an expert on everything that is science.
How is it logical to waste money?

Old 04-11-2014, 07:59 PM

30,274 posts, read 23,762,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EntropyGuardian View Post
Evolution is observable and repeatable... it is the basis of biology and genetics. You have no idea what you are talking about. I advise you to take a biology class before you try and speak about science again or try and sound educated to make an asinine point.
I do have an idea of what I'm talking about. You just keep on with your belief in a theory...while you slam on those who believe in a theory of religion. I think you should go back to biology class, clearly you weren't paying attention. Your entire post was nothing but crying and sniveling....you proved nothing.

Old 04-11-2014, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Gravity is a theory too, do you believe in gravity?
How many of these can I put in a single post?

: smack::s mack::sm ack:

Seriously, THAT is what you want to use? LOL!!!!!

Old 04-11-2014, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Do you realize the irony of your post? You're criticizing others for their lack of scientific knowledge while claiming evolution is just a theory.

Guess what, so is heliocentrism. So is gravity. Every scientific phenomenon is a theory. Why are you putting your faith in the theory that the earth revolves around the Sun? Even the Bible rejects that view.
Read the link. Derp. Gee, I wonder who I quoted. I WONDER.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies