Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2014, 02:33 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,741,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
But how would the kids get to school. You can't expect a school bus to pick up one kid and transport them. And what if the parents can't get them there? Oh yeah, vouches are great but you really haven't thought how they would actually work.
Contract cub company's, or maybe web based schools so that transport from and to school is removed.

Yeah lets leave kids in failing schools over such small issues Natalie..

Old 04-12-2014, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Yet you choose to ignore science when it doesn't agree with you. Go figure.
Kind of like how leftist ignore the laws of economics, and unintended consequences?

Old 04-12-2014, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
You tell me, how much money did we waste invading two countries for Baby Bush?
Bush was a Neo Con statist and did a great deal of damage to this nation..

The cost is around 2 trillion, the failed war on poverty is around 7 trillion...If you hate waste hate all waste, not just party based waste...

Old 04-12-2014, 03:31 PM

1,645 posts, read 1,213,943 times
163 posts and I am suspired that no one has pointed out that earth's rotation is 365 and ¼ days, and to make up for that extra 6 hours, that is why we have every 4 years a leap year, and have 29 days in February.

Old 04-12-2014, 03:47 PM

3,026 posts, read 3,646,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigby06 View Post
163 posts and I am suspired that no one has pointed out that earth's rotation is 365 and ¼ days, and to make up for that extra 6 hours, that is why we have every 4 years a leap year, and have 29 days in February.
It's more like 365.2563666 days, but who's counting.

Old 04-12-2014, 03:51 PM

3,304 posts, read 2,172,400 times
This isn't all that surprising. After all, half the population has a below average IQ. And Democrats openly court that lower half to vote for their party.

Old 04-12-2014, 03:59 PM

1,404 posts, read 1,031,817 times
It only proves that trying to equate "smarts" to a political position is... dumb.

There are an equal amount of educated, smart, stupid, ignorant, average people in both parties. Liberals and Conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, apples and oranges.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
This isn't all that surprising. After all, half the population has a below average IQ. And Democrats openly court that lower half to vote for their party.
But what about the liberal gene that makes them smarter than conservatives?

Old 04-12-2014, 04:02 PM

3,304 posts, read 2,172,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfman View Post
It only proves that trying to equate "smarts" to a political position is... dumb.

There are an equal amount of educated, smart, stupid, ignorant, average people in both parties. Liberals and Conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, apples and oranges.

But what about the liberal gene that makes them smarter than conservatives?
I think you need to reassess what you think the word, "equal," means if you think that is a true statement.

Old 04-12-2014, 04:04 PM

1,404 posts, read 1,031,817 times
Originally Posted by urbanlife78
You tell me, how much money did we waste invading two countries for Baby Bush?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
Bush was a Neo Con statist and did a great deal of damage to this nation..

The cost is around 2 trillion, the failed war on poverty is around 7 trillion...If you hate waste hate all waste, not just party based waste...
The talking Heads would explode if facts were introduced. Besides they only accept that wasteful spending is bad if it's the right doing the spending. Hell, raise the debt ceiling to $50T, and as long as the Dems are in charge, it's all good.

Old 04-12-2014, 04:04 PM

1,136 posts, read 942,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
This post reflects an extremely close-minded attitude in that you refuse to look at all the data, the big picture, opposing views, and personally attack people who disagree with you. BTW, in regard to your last statement -- how do you explain the fact that only 6% of scientists are republicans? I would post links to source this information, but since you've automatically dismissed information conflicting with your mindset, there seems to be no point.
No, this post reflects the fact that I demonstrated that liberals don't know anything about the claims they make. You guys love to talk about "settled science" and how "everyone knows ..." but as soon as I ask you guys to tell me about the science, everyone just stares at their feet. That demonstrates that you don't have a clue.

As far as your claim about scientists, that's also false, but it does prove something: how ignorant you are. Look at you parroting this 6% claim -- I've seen three people make that claim in the past two days. Of every person who has, including whatever website you want to cite, a total of zero of you have actually examined what that means or whether it's valid. You just said "wheee, this means something, I think, so I'm going to paste it everywhere!!" Which is exactly what I pointed out liberals do when it comes to "climate change."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies