Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2014, 11:19 PM

5,177 posts, read 4,804,236 times

Advertisements

I wonder what percentage of Republicans still believe the earth is flat and the earth is center of the universe

Old 04-11-2014, 11:22 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,802,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckmann View Post
I wonder what percentage of Republicans still believe the earth is flat and the earth is center of the universe
There is actually a Flat Earth Society that is under new leadership and has been increasing its membership. Granted, it only has 420 members, but seeing as they base their views on a literal reading of the Bible, I'd say they're Republican if they're in the US.

Old 04-11-2014, 11:26 PM

32,156 posts, read 15,153,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
Maybe you guys should help us improve education by getting school vouchers and chatter schools as a basic choice to all parents so they can have the chance to send their kids to get a great education.
But how would the kids get to school. You can't expect a school bus to pick up one kid and transport them. And what if the parents can't get them there? Oh yeah, vouches are great but you really haven't thought how they would actually work.

Old 04-11-2014, 11:42 PM

38,650 posts, read 26,446,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
And then quit before she finished a single term. Must have been too hard for her to handle.

And since liberals are completely incapable of defending their retarded positions, attacking the people who express opposing positions has become the liberal modus operandi.

Costs of dismissed Palin ethics complaints pile up | Politics | ADN.com

So she couldn't afford to fight the endless string of bull **** ethics charges filed against her on a governor's salary...

Congratulations!

You've taken the classless sleazy tactics of the left to an all new high and public debate to an all new low.

Old 04-11-2014, 11:47 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,264,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
And since liberals are completely incapable of defending their retarded positions, attacking the people who express opposing positions has become the liberal modus operandi.

Costs of dismissed Palin ethics complaints pile up | Politics | ADN.com

So she couldn't afford to fight the endless string of bull **** ethics charges filed against her on a governor's salary...

Congratulations!

You've taken the classless sleazy tactics of the left to an all new high and public debate to an all new low.
Maybe she shouldn't have had ethic violations. The things that happen when she abused her power as governor. It still doesn't change the fact that she wasn't even able to finish a single term as governor. Palin is a waste of a politician and it is just laughable that she still has gullible right wingers following her around.

Old 04-12-2014, 12:58 AM

5,177 posts, read 4,804,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
There is actually a Flat Earth Society that is under new leadership and has been increasing its membership. Granted, it only has 420 members, but seeing as they base their views on a literal reading of the Bible, I'd say they're Republican if they're in the US.
In other forums I have found that right wing ideologues are also fundamentalist Christians and really do belive that the earth is only 10,000 years old and deny any and all science which disagrees with their fundamentalism.

Ignorance is everywhere, and is not limited to one party or the other.

Old 04-12-2014, 05:52 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,408,969 times
Quote:
Maybe she shouldn't have had ethic violations. The things that happen when she abused her power as governor. It still doesn't change the fact that she wasn't even able to finish a single term as governor. Palin is a waste of a politician and it is just laughable that she still has gullible right wingers following her around.
And your following......

Impressive.....????

Old 04-12-2014, 06:29 AM

30,375 posts, read 23,843,664 times
Quote:
"To become a scientific theory, an idea must be thoroughly tested, and must be an accurate and predictive description of the natural world.

While laws rarely change, theories change frequently as new evidence is discovered. Instead of being discarded due to new evidence, theories are often revised to include the new evidence in their explanation. The Theory of General Relativity has adapted as new technologies and new evidence have expanded our view of the universe."
Text : Is Gravity a Theory or a Law? | The Happy Scientist

Science.
Yay, science...and hilarious website...the happy scientists, eh? Ok. You forgot to put the rest of it...funny, that:

Quote:
So when we are scientifically discussing gravity, we can talk about the law that describes the attraction between two objects, and we can also talk about the theory that describes why the objects attract each other.
So what does that mean? Well, that means that its evident that the LAW of gravity will cause it to be observable and repeatable. I can observe it by jumping up in the air, and when I do that, I come back down to the ground. And it's repeatable, I can do that over and over again, and I will always get the same result. As it is something that I can prove to you right now, that I will not hang suspended in mid air, then that is how I prove that something called, "gravity" exists.

WHY that happens? Well, that's the theory part that you can discuss all day, night, month, or year long if you wish. The point is, it is observable, and it is repeatable. You can observe it right now. You can repeat it right now.

Please, do try again.

Darwin's Theory of Evolution:

Quote:
Darwin's Theory of Evolution - The Premise
Darwin's Theory of Evolution is the widely held notion that all life is related and has descended from a common ancestor: the birds and the bananas, the fishes and the flowers -- all related. Darwin's general theory presumes the development of life from non-life and stresses a purely naturalistic (undirected) "descent with modification". That is, complex creatures evolve from more simplistic ancestors naturally over time. In a nutshell, as random genetic mutations occur within an organism's genetic code, the beneficial mutations are preserved because they aid survival -- a process known as "natural selection." These beneficial mutations are passed on to the next generation. Over time, beneficial mutations accumulate and the result is an entirely different organism (not just a variation of the original, but an entirely different creature)
http://www.darwins-theory-of-evolution.com/

So, please, show me something, observable evidence, that has changed from one species to another. While you're at it, don't forget what Dawkins said:

"We are condemned to live only for a few decades, and that's too slow, too small a time scale, to see evolution going on." (Dawkins)

Last edited by Three Wolves In Snow; 04-12-2014 at 06:53 AM..

Old 04-12-2014, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
And your following......

Impressive.....????
Following what? If she wouldn't get mentioned so much by her followers on city data I wouldn't even know what she was doing. I figure she will end up on Dancing with the Stars or something.

Old 04-12-2014, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Yay, science...and hilarious website...the happy scientists, eh? Ok. You forgot to put the rest of it...funny, that:

So what does that mean? Well, that means that its evident that the LAW of gravity will cause it to be observable and repeatable. I can observe it by jumping up in the air, and when I do that, I come back down to the ground. And it's repeatable, I can do that over and over again, and I will always get the same result. As it is something that I can prove to you right now, that I will not hang suspended in mid air, then that is how I prove that something called, "gravity" exists.

WHY that happens? Well, that's the theory part that you can discuss all day, night, month, or year long if you wish. The point is, it is observable, and it is repeatable. You can observe it right now. You can repeat it right now.

Please, do try again.

Darwin's Theory of Evolution:

Darwin's Theory Of Evolution

So, please, show me something, observable evidence, that has changed from one species to another. While you're at it, don't forget what Dawkins said:

"We are condemned to live only for a few decades, and that's too slow, too small a time scale, to see evolution going on." (Dawkins)
Yet you choose to ignore science when it doesn't agree with you. Go figure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies