Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2014, 04:31 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,344,316 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Well our system is set up for people who have the ability to increase their net worth while making it look like they earned less income than they did. It is a loophole that should be closed.
But, it won't be......best to learn how to use it....anyone can.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2014, 04:37 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,782,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smalltownblues View Post
I think you've been misinformed. The closest he got, I believe, was recently when his wife went on a trip to China where they claimed it was "personal" (and prevented the press from attending). She paid for the plane tickets at regular first-class rates -- meaning, what you would pay. However, that was the extent of it.
They flew on a government plane accompanied by a slew of secret service agents and no press was allowed to travel with them. She didn't pay for anything, the taxpayer did. Do you really think they bought first-class airline tickets for everyone and flew on Air China and paid for the hotel rooms for herself, the girls, her momma and an army of agents??

Old 04-11-2014, 04:41 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
I kind of wonder why Tea Party types dont volunteer more since they support Medicare, Medicaid for seniors, Tricare, VA, and all the defense spending. The first person in line should be a Tea Partier...oh I forgot they dont pay taxes...most are part of Romney's 47%.
I dunno, im no tea partier or Romney fan boy or GOP 'er, but Id gladly opt out of all those guv run scams if I could. They will all be broke by the time I can collect anything from them ( after paying into them for years)

Old 04-11-2014, 04:44 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,036,704 times
You know, for a guy that acts like he's the champion of the poor, he sure gives jack ___ back. Just another hypocrite liberal. Donate next to nothing in charity and make sure he pays as low in taxes as he can. Meanwhile, he calls for higher taxes on the rich.....

Dont you Democrats get it yet? Its all a ruse. They're playing you

Old 04-11-2014, 04:45 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
But, it won't be......best to learn how to use it....anyone can.
I never said it will be, I just said it should. I don't have that much faith in our political system to do the right thing.

Old 04-11-2014, 04:46 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,782,122 times
Trying to get the thread on track:

Did anyone bother to think that Obama actually invests his money? He's as happy as any other democrat and republican that is watching their investments grow.

Obama's Top 10 stocks - May. 15, 2009

Old 04-11-2014, 04:52 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,312,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
From what I have read, the records of cost related to family travel during the Bush years seems to have gone missing.

The number and cost of the Bush family trips was not the issue it has been with the Obama family, despite the Bush family, especially Laura, traveling substantially more than Michelle Obama.

GW Bush holds the record for most vacation days at 879 which included a 5 week vacation.
As of last summer, Obama had recorded 92 days.

No president is every fully on vacation.
First Ladies make many "good will" trips.
You do realize that much of those "879 vacation days" Bush was working from his home?

You even said no president is ever fully on vacation.

Old 04-11-2014, 04:55 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,036,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
You do realize that much of those "879 vacation days" Bush was working from his home?

They no this but they dont care. Comparing Bush's in house vacations on a ranch to Obama's flying around spending tons of money is just plain stupid.

Obama is a fraud. The Clintons and most Dems are frauds. They make sure they keep their millions and keep them growing, pay as little taxes as possible, and the whine about the poor and how we need more government.

Old 04-11-2014, 05:18 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,262,817 times
Quote:
That is why she said no president is ever fully on question.

Quote:

Old 04-11-2014, 05:33 PM

25,744 posts, read 18,809,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Unfortunately we don't really tax net worth, just incomes earned. Though I think we should start taxing net worth.
Great idea. I made under $18,000 last year. I'm still alive. My net worth is probably in the negative range. If I can survive on that much, you should be able to as well. I accept paypal... and I promise () that I will take the money that you surrender--which should be anything you made over 18K and any assets you have above a net worth of zero--and see that it goes to the proper government/royalty agencies.

Sound good? You wanted to be taxed on net worth, right? How about if we tax you into a 300 square foot home and a basic rice & beans diet? Works for me. I see no reason it shouldn't work for you. This would also contribute to a flat-ass destitute populace and a royalty class collecting your net worth so they could blow it on the golf course, vacations to Tahiti, and gluttonous $500-dollar-a-plate meals.

On second thought, you really do belong in medieval Europe... where EVERYTHING was taxed. And tell me, how "well off" was the average citizen there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies