Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2014, 11:16 AM

32,027 posts, read 36,813,277 times

Advertisements

Obamacare allows us self-employed folks to buy insurance on the same basis as corporate employees, instead of being locked out for pre-existing conditions.

That is literally a life-and-death issue for a lot of us and our families.

I understand there are other objections to the ACA but this makes it all worthwhile.

Although I am a conservative on many issues, I will never vote for anybody who is trying to take this away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2014, 11:24 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,359,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Obamacare allows us self-employed folks to buy insurance on the same basis as corporate employees, instead of being locked out for pre-existing conditions.

I understand there are other objections to the ACA but this makes it all worthwhile.

Although I am a conservative on many issues, I will never vote for anybody who is trying to take this away.
I agree our system needed some improvement.

Just not this law.

I hope after this law really kicks in a few years down the road people will still have the money to buy from your business.

Old 04-13-2014, 11:25 AM

5,421 posts, read 6,507,074 times
It is one of the few good things about the ACA.

Many people that would try to start their own small business are discouraged by the prospect of having to get insurance. So the ACA makes it easier to get insurance.

I am not a conservative or a liberal, but I would definitely vote for someone who wants to dramatically change the ACA if not do away with it and start over.

Old 04-13-2014, 11:28 AM

15,640 posts, read 10,400,743 times
Quote:
I have to agree with the bolded part of your post. On the other hand, I would by no stretch of the imagination call this law "great". There are too many very detrimental parts of the ACA law to make that statement.

Old 04-13-2014, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
Many people that would try to start their own small business are discouraged by the prospect of having to get insurance. So the ACA makes it easier to get insurance.
The pre-existing condition rule does more than discourage people from trying to buy insurance -- it literally makes it impossible if they or their family have had any serious medical condition.

That in my opinion dwarfs any other objections to the ACA.

Old 04-13-2014, 11:33 AM

7,814 posts, read 6,397,212 times
All at the expense of people who lost their health insurance/doctors and the people who were doing just fine and are forced to now pay higher premiums and deductibles. People who were told they wouldn't have to change a thing.

Old 04-13-2014, 11:34 AM

11,185 posts, read 6,512,917 times
Quote:

There are winners and losers in Ocare. People with pre-existing conditions like you are big winners, so I understand why Ocare is all worthwhile to you despite the losers.

Old 04-13-2014, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
All at the expense of people who lost their health insurance/doctors and the people who were doing just fine and are forced to now pay higher premiums and deductibles. People who were told they wouldn't have to change a thing.
Anybody whose coverage was cancelled was able to buy new coverage.

However, if you have a pre-existing condition, you were totally locked out, at any price.

Old 04-13-2014, 11:36 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,755,378 times
Quote:

http://www.websophist.com/Obama_SheepFairy400O.jpg

Last edited by CaseyB; 04-13-2014 at 12:31 PM..

Old 04-13-2014, 11:37 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,755,378 times
Quote:
Anybody whose coverage was cancelled was able to buy new coverage.

However, if you have a pre-existing condition, you were totally locked out, at any price.
"If you like your healthcare you can keep your healthcare period"
-- Barack Obama

Obama sold Obamacare on a LIE!

Are you going to pay the 40% increase I have to pay arjay57? I'll send you a bill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies