Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2014, 12:55 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
I'm so scared!!! big pharma at it again..

they need to reshape brains at capital hilll
Notice it's the people who need reshaping, never capitol hill!

Wonder how much reshaping of the brain it does to those who support pork barrel spending.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2014, 12:56 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Even Casual Marijuana Smokers at Risk for Structural Brain Changes

A new study of the impact of low to moderate marijuana use found that recreational smoking can have damaging effects on the brain.

Those who smoke marijuana casually are not immune to the structural brain changes that can affect heavy users, according to a study published today in the Journal of Neuroscience.

Researchers from Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, and Massachusetts General Hospital used MRI scans to compare the brains of 20 18- to 25-year-olds who smoked at least once a week to those of 20 individuals who had little or no history of using the drug. Though the low to moderate marijuana users were not addicted to the drug, imaging data showed that their brain anatomy had changed.

Old 04-16-2014, 12:56 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,327,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
And?

Was there an autopsy that proved conclusively the cause of death was marijuana?
Doubtful. There had never been an MJ overdose leading to death.

Old 04-16-2014, 01:00 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Doubtful. There had never been an MJ overdose leading to death.

On the other hand there have been numerous accounts of people drinking themselves to death, and as well as numerous accounts of deaths by overdose on other substances legal or otherwise.

So again, to all of you "Reefer Madness" propagandists, tell me why other than for monetary reasons is cannabis illegal?

Old 04-16-2014, 01:07 PM

1,989 posts, read 2,536,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
So again, to all of you "Reefer Madness" propagandists, tell me why other than for monetary reasons is cannabis illegal?
Have you seen a kid high on weed eating at 7-11? I mean they use so much of that chili and cheese on their hotdogs and then wash it down with a Mt Dew Slurpee? Who, but some devil worshiping satanist Hitlerite, does something like that!? Plus, they move so quickly when they're on weed. Very unpredictable. We saw a kid at the Mall last weekend who was just starting at one of those freaky 3d stairs pictures (where the stairs all lead to nowhere) and he was just kind of smiling to himself for about 20 minutes. I thought for sure he was about to pull out a gun and go on a rampage.

You shouldn't smoke God's plants.

Old 04-16-2014, 01:09 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,938,715 times
Quote:
So, he allegedly shows the danger to teens, and I see no one advocating legal use by anyone under 18 and more likely 21, and then he questions people under 30 using it?

Yeah, GREAT scientific study!

Reefer Madness is alive and well in America.
Scary, isn't it? And some older people still eat this stuff up.

I wonder how terrifying I could make a study seem on the effects of teens abusing alcohol, pills or tobacco. I mean alcohol not only can kill you, it literally kills brain cells and damages major organs like your liver, heart, etc.

Old 04-16-2014, 01:14 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,546,439 times
Quote:
So, he allegedly shows the danger to teens, and I see no one advocating legal use by anyone under 18 and more likely 21, and then he questions people under 30 using it?

Yeah, GREAT scientific study!

Reefer Madness is alive and well in America.
Better make that 25 when brain development is complete. What I've read indicates that marijuana affects a developing brain.

Old 04-16-2014, 01:16 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,546,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post

A new study of the impact of low to moderate marijuana use found that recreational smoking can have damaging effects on the brain.

Those who smoke marijuana casually are not immune to the structural brain changes that can affect heavy users, according to a study published today in the Journal of Neuroscience.

Researchers from Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, and Massachusetts General Hospital used MRI scans to compare the brains of 20 18- to 25-year-olds who smoked at least once a week to those of 20 individuals who had little or no history of using the drug. Though the low to moderate marijuana users were not addicted to the drug, imaging data showed that their brain anatomy had changed.

Wow. Once a week changes brain structure? That's scary.

Old 04-16-2014, 01:18 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
So did Washington and Jefferson. Jefferson even helped smuggle in more potent seeds from China

Alcohol does similar things, who's never had a drink?

Your silly demonizations are getting pretty desperate.
No wonder we are in trouble because of the legislation coming out of Washington.. we have a bunch of our elected body who are stoned.. This country is going down.. Obama smoking dope makes him a detriment to this country.

Old 04-16-2014, 01:22 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aplcr0331 View Post
Have you seen a kid high on weed eating at 7-11? I mean they use so much of that chili and cheese on their hotdogs and then wash it down with a Mt Dew Slurpee? Who, but some devil worshiping satanist Hitlerite, does something like that!? Plus, they move so quickly when they're on weed. Very unpredictable. We saw a kid at the Mall last weekend who was just starting at one of those freaky 3d stairs pictures (where the stairs all lead to nowhere) and he was just kind of smiling to himself for about 20 minutes. I thought for sure he was about to pull out a gun and go on a rampage.

You shouldn't smoke God's plants.

I do hope this was sarcasm. If it is indeed God's plant, why shouldn't we consume it and utilize it for its theraputic and industrial values as it was most likely intended? Wouldn't that be going against God?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies