Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2014, 07:08 PM

129 posts, read 101,304 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Devil View Post
Misleading thread title

Airsoft gun

Stun gun

This kid is a weapons wacko.
Quote:
And 2 airsoft guns & a stun gun.

Read article or stop posting
Airsoft guns and stun guns aren't lethal. Throwing a heavy stapler at someone would be more lethal than those two. Maybe you aren't aware airsoft guns don't fire bullets, they fire plastic BBs propelled by a spring. People shoot each other with them for fun all the time, and nobody dies because they don't even puncture the skin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2014, 07:13 PM

579 posts, read 762,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimkyler View Post
Airsoft guns and stun guns aren't lethal. Throwing a heavy stapler at someone would be more lethal than those two. Maybe you aren't aware airsoft guns don't fire bullets, they fire plastic BBs propelled by a spring. People shoot each other with them for fun all the time, and nobody dies because they don't even puncture the skin.
Stapler more lethal than a stun gun? Idiocy or ignorance. Which is it

Old 04-19-2014, 07:15 PM

129 posts, read 101,304 times
Quote:
Stapler more lethal than a stun gun? Idiocy or ignorance. Which is it
You could kill someone by throwing a heavy metal stapler at someone's head, not so by stunning someone with a stun gun. The laws of physics back this up, how inconvenient for you.

Old 04-19-2014, 07:27 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,033,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
But strangely society accepts cops wearing ski masks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV8n View Post
He probably also had a tire iron in his car, which he could use to beat the crap out of someone
Ted Bundy had both in his truck along with an ice pick and the cops in Utah arrested him on suspicion of possessing burglary tools.

Old 04-19-2014, 07:29 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,416,945 times
Huh.

Worked with hundreds of EMTs...never once saw one use a knife.
Weird.

Old 04-19-2014, 07:34 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,909,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Huh.

Weird.
I've known thousands of women in my life...only seen two of them ever take a leak.

http://www.quickmedical.com/adc/emer...-puma-373.html

Old 04-19-2014, 07:37 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,416,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
I've known thousands of women in my life...only seen two of them ever take a leak.
Great analogy!!!
Essential functions of the job vs acts done largely in privacy!
You're a genius!

Old 04-19-2014, 07:42 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,909,461 times
Quote:
Great analogy!!!
Essential functions of the job vs acts done largely in privacy!
You're a genius!
Did ya see the link to the EMT knife, dumbass?

I have worn a seatbelt for the last 35 years. Never needed it.

Another link to an EMT knife.

http://www.swordnarmory.com/Double-B.../sk-0018bl.htm

Gee, a lot of companies are marketing knives to EMTs. I wonder why.

I have not worked with hundreds of EMTs but I can think of a couple situations where a knife might come in handy.

1) Removing clothing.
2) Cutting a seatbelt that has jammed after a car accident.

I have seen hundreds of cops. Never seen one use his gun, except on the internet.

EMTs kinda need to be prepared for the unexpected. Just because you have never seen an EMT use a knife does not mean they should not have one. Once again, I have never needed to use my seatbelt.

Last edited by whogo; 04-19-2014 at 08:01 PM..

Old 04-19-2014, 08:01 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,907,734 times
This is what happens when we live in a society where the use of common sense and the recognition of nuance can be punished in civil court. People stop using common sense, they stop seeing the nuances between different situations, and JUST READ THE BLACK AND WHITE..... If they just stick to the letter of the law, instead of the intent, then no one can accuse them of wrong-doing, no one can say they didn't do what they were supposed to do.

Case and point:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC's Finest View Post
You cannot bring a weapon on school property!
In this world, the the school screw up drug dealer who brings a knife to school to settle a beef with a kid who didn't pay for his dope, is the same thing as an EMT in training leaving his pocket knife in his shirt pocket in the trunk of his car. One of the problems is, school administrators aren't allowed to see the differnce between the screw up drug dealer student and the promising EMT in training student to begin with. Political correctness and all. I.E. Liberal mindset.

Last edited by WhipperSnapper 88; 04-19-2014 at 08:19 PM..

Old 04-19-2014, 08:15 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,907,734 times
Quote:
Huh.

Weird.
Does it really matter? I mean, ask yourself, does it matter?

Even if this kid wasn't training to become an EMT and was just a regular student who had a pocket knife, in his shirt pocket, locked in the trunk of his car, does that really warrant a suspension or expulsion and jail time???? I think even a DETENTION would be overkill, but certainly more fitting.

The whole world has gone completely bonkers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies