Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 04:30 AM

26,511 posts, read 15,088,692 times

Advertisements

The ABC News/Washington Post poll has consistently shown recently that the president's once high approval ratings with women is now underwater - and perhaps even under 40% at 39% in the latest poll.

Larry J. Sabato at the University of Virginia claims that the Democrats would hold the US Senate if he had high approval ratings, but they are low......39% with women. Democratic candidates have to run away from him - there will be no basking in the light of a popular president at campaign events in 2014!

Why has his approval so sharply with women and is even below men?

Are they sick of all of his lies?

Are they sick of him not having plans against ISIS and not knowing things he should?

Are they sick of hearing him distort reality to claim a war on women?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2014, 06:33 AM

46,307 posts, read 27,124,387 times
When you have dems such as Alison Lundergan Grimes, you should not have to wonder why...LOL...

Quote:
In her race to defeat Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell, Alison Lundergan Grimes has barnstormed Kentucky, talking up her support for raising the minimum wage and criticizing the GOP's so-called war on women.
Quote:
But minimum wage isn't the only issue dogging Grimes' family business. Hugh Jass Burgers -- say it out loud to get the joke -- has menu items like "Charlotte's Rack, sure to be voted biggest rack" named after Grimes' mom and "Abby's Hugh Jass," a burger named after her sister. They also sell souvenirs like an apron with "Check Out My Buns" emblazoned across it.

Old 10-22-2014, 06:39 AM

12,964 posts, read 13,684,417 times
The president (or any president's) approval rating goes up or down based on how many Middle Easterner's he is killing at the moment. It is something we and terroist have in common, they too get props for killing Americans. I would expect during the the next presidential election Obama will find cause to kill some Middle Easterners to boost the Democratic candidate.

Old 10-22-2014, 06:55 AM

45,585 posts, read 27,209,359 times
Don't get sucked in to polls - just watch your four federal representatives (along with however many state and local reps) and vote when the time comes.

Old 10-22-2014, 02:42 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,134,648 times
Face it....Barack Obama had the vote of the young idealists and the leaches. The young idealists got the short shrift, have grown up enough to recognize it, and are now completely turned off by Barack Obama. The leaches are the low information voters and they see no reason to go to the polls in November. Afterall, their King Rainmaker is not on the ballot.

And married women were never major Obama supporters to begin with.

A triple whammy for Democrats. They should have saw this coming a mile away, though.

Old 10-22-2014, 04:54 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,384,355 times
OMG he is doomed in the next presidential election!

Oh wait....this just in......he isnt up for re-election......

Old 10-22-2014, 04:58 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post

yes yes yes.. typical Democratic fashion, when you cant cite how wonderful your "man" is, you ridicule those who cant either..

I'm scratching my head trying to figure out how these responses are supposed to sound intelligent.

Old 10-22-2014, 04:59 PM

26,511 posts, read 15,088,692 times
Quote:

You didn't realize that a president's approval rating effects the midterms? Effects his party's effectiveness, fundraising, etc?

Oh man, you look silly. I bet you feel absolutely ridiculous right now! I will take it easy on you as you are a novice to politics. So let me teach you a bit...the Republicans aren't winning on the issues as much as they are winning on Obama being a failure and pathological liar.

And the Republicans are winning 2014 -- set to gain seats in the Senate AND House.

Old 10-22-2014, 05:02 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,384,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
You didn't realize that a president's approval rating effects the midterms? Effects his party's effectiveness, fundraising, etc?

Oh man, you look silly. I bet you feel absolutely ridiculous right now! I will take it easy on you as you are a novice to politics. So let me teach you a bit...the Republicans aren't winning on the issues as much as they are winning on Obama being a failure and pathological liar.

And the Republicans are winning 2014 -- set to gain seats in the Senate AND House.
Look at the congress ratings. All elections I have found are local-otherwise none of these folks would be getting reelected. While the presidents ratings do have a effect, its small in my opinion, its far more about peoples opinions locally, and the opinions of the house and senate then the president.

Old 10-22-2014, 05:09 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times
Quote:
Look at the congress ratings. All elections I have found are local-otherwise none of these folks would be getting reelected. While the presidents ratings do have a effect, its small in my opinion, its far more about peoples opinions locally, and the opinions of the house and senate then the president.
hahaha.. A poster who thinks we elect Congress rather than individuals in Congress..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies