Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2014, 11:16 AM

20,504 posts, read 12,452,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo View Post
Texas stands out among western states, because it has the lowest percentage of government land of any of them. This would make Texas more similar to those other states.

Is there an article from a less political source than Breitbart that discusses the situation without so much alarmism?
i dont think there is a valid argument to be made by suggesting BLM takeover will get Texas "in line" with other western states.

being 'in line" with some other state is in my humble opinion a non-starter

Old 04-25-2014, 11:18 AM

39,951 posts, read 26,693,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
So what do you think Texas should do if the BLM tries to take over 90,000 acres of private property along the Red River ?

BLM Eyes 90,000 Acres of Texas Land
Handle the BLM like any other vile predators.

Shoot
Shovel
Shut up

I have to wonder why the administration is picking Texans to assault. They could just as well sieze property from land owners on, say, Long Island or Cape Cod. Rather than seizing more property, the property they do manage should be turned over to the states.

Old 04-25-2014, 11:26 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,193,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Handle the BLM like any other vile predators.

Shoot
Shovel
Shut up

I have to wonder why the administration is picking Texans to assault. They could just as well sieze property from land owners on, say, Long Island or Cape Cod. Rather than seizing more property, the property they do manage should be turned over to the states.

Gov Perry can order the Texas Air National Guard to do strafing runs against any Feds who dare to enforce the BLM edict.

Old 04-25-2014, 11:33 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,325,044 times
Thanks for the non far right wing links. It will be interesting to see how this plays out after the land is surveyed. I would imagine lawsuits would happen if the BLM tries to say any land is theirs that a landowner has been paying taxes on and had purchased at one point.

Old 04-25-2014, 11:44 AM

39,184 posts, read 51,544,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aedubber View Post
BLM= Government corporate criminals.
Where are you from? I enjoy millions of acres of public (USFS/BLM) lands that are open to me for hunting, fishing, power boating, riding my Jeep and ATVs, shooting and camping. Other public lands are preserved as wilderness areas where my activities are limited to those that have less impact. I lived in the east. So many outdoor activities there are restricted to parks, crowded campgrounds, a few small hunting preserves, and the rest is posted. The high percentage of public lands in the west is what makes it the best part of the country to live in.

Old 04-25-2014, 12:11 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,149,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieinDallas View Post
Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk - The Week

I just wish there was more consistency on issues like this
Good find. Oil and gas companies, with the blessing of state and federal officials, have received more land under this current Texas legislatures. This is purely a political issue and Texas legislators may want to toe the line, unless they want to look like shills for the O&G industry.

Old 04-25-2014, 12:35 PM

30,554 posts, read 23,977,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by need4speed2012 View Post
Its very simple !!!

If they want it, they will take it and there's nothing that can be done !!!
I sure am glad that the founding fathers of this country did not have that attitude.

Old 04-25-2014, 01:06 PM

2,010 posts, read 3,471,606 times
The compact between Texas and Oklahoma (1999), which was ratified by Congress (2000), that establishes the permanent border between Texas and Oklahoma along the Red River defers entirely to the land deeds/titles.

So who the land belongs to falls back on what the original deed says. IF the deed says that the border of the property is the bank of the river, then it moves with the river. If the deed lays out permanent borders, then those are the borders, regardless of the movement of the river or state borders prior to them being made permanent (although a landowner who originally owned all Texas land, may find him/herself part of Oklahoma now).

Old deeds often used the banks of rivers as property boundaries, because they were obvious and a reliable independent survey wasn't as easy to come by.

So regardless of who the landowners are, the land titles say what the land titles say.

Last edited by KStreetQB; 04-25-2014 at 01:18 PM..

Old 04-25-2014, 01:33 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,320,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieinDallas View Post
I just wish there was more consistency on issues like this
There is consistancy..

The federal government needs to stop pretending like they are our parents...

Old 04-25-2014, 01:35 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,320,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I sure am glad that the founding fathers of this country did not have that attitude.
I'm also glad that so many americans werent reliant upon the government for every bit of their existance back then.

When you create a dependant society, peoples attitude tends to change against those who are paying your way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
View detailed profiles of: