Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2014, 09:52 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,348,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Was he raped?
Kindly show where I posted date rape drugs are acceptable.
This reminds of people at work listening in on others conversations and getting offended. Don't like the conversation then don't snoop.
What evidence is there that the doctors sexually assaulted him?
Ever been under? Shrinkage is about a 100% deal. I would be surprised if there wasn't comments made about it.
It was a sexual assault.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2014, 09:54 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Not at someone else's expense.
If you say so. But I respectfully disagree. 1 million because his feelings were hurt?????? Only in America would such a foolish lawsuit even be considered.

Old 04-24-2014, 09:56 AM

Quote:
It was a sexual assault.
No it wasn't. They observed a rash. They examined the rash.
Once again I would be more concerned with the hose up my pooper than the jokes.
Maybe the Docs were right. The patient needed to man up because he sure is butt hurt over a little off color humor that in no way affected his life. That is other than an illegal recording which he inflicted upon himself.
Personally I wouldn't want a doctor who had no sense of humor.

Old 04-24-2014, 10:02 AM

6,175 posts, read 12,940,454 times
Quote:
A certain level of professionalism should be achieved.
They were IN PRIVATE. They did not make unprofessional comments to him. They were talking between themselves. They were NOT in public. They were NOT in consultation with him. He was unconscious. They had every reason to expect & believe they were effectively in PRIVATE. The fact that someone who was not a party to that private conversation chose to secretly & without permission record that private conversation should not render it suddenly a public statement. If it were me, I might look into suing him for invasion of privacy.

In fact, a quick internet search reveals that the patient may actually have committed a felony here. Virginia is what is known as a "one party consent" state. According to the Digital Media Law Project, it is a crime to record a conversation in Virginia unless at least one party to that conversation gives consent to that recording.

Last edited by Bill Keegan; 04-24-2014 at 10:14 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 04-24-2014, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post
They were IN PRIVATE. They did not make unprofessional comments to him. They were talking between themselves. They were NOT in public. They were NOT in consultation with him. He was unconscious. They had every reason to expect & believe they were effectively in PRIVATE. The fact that someone who was not a party to that private conversation chose to secretly & without permission record that private conversation should not render it suddenly a public statement. If it were me, I might look into suing him for invasion of privacy.

In fact, a quick internet search reveals that the patient may actually have committed a felony here. Virginia is what is know as a "one party consent" state. According to the Digital Media Law Project, it is a crime to record a conversation in Virginia unless at least one party to that conversation gives consent to that recording.
Now that is a lawsuit I can agree with.

Old 04-24-2014, 10:21 AM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post

In fact, a quick internet search reveals that the patient may actually have committed a felony here. Virginia is what is known as a "one party consent" state. According to the Digital Media Law Project, it is a crime to record a conversation in Virginia unless at least one party to that conversation gives consent to that recording.
The conversation was a private one between the staff at the facility; as you say the recording, if done deliberately was illegal. Worse, the supposedly embarrased patient elected to make this a very public issue with the lawsuit and the attendant coverage. In doing so and naming the doctors, his illegal recording and publication of it certainly has the potential to hurt them financially. Due to that, I hope the DRs. and others on staff can sue him for his actions to recover damages. I find it odd that the article names the doctors and staff, but keeps the name of the plaintif confidential.

Old 04-24-2014, 10:29 AM

Maybe I expect to much from some professions.

In my business we drill water wells....we are contractors.

If I ever heard on of my guys disrespecting a customer...or, even thought they would....they would be fired.

IMO.....if this behavior is OK in the medical arena....I am disappointed.

Old 04-24-2014, 10:36 AM

Quote:

If I ever heard on of my guys disrespecting a customer...or, even thought they would....they would be fired.

While I agree the Doctors should have had more class, the conversation was thought to have been private. While in the truck driving home from a job I am sure your men at times, discuss a particularly annoying customer in less than flattering ways.
What if a customer hid a cell phone in the truck to secretly record conversations? Would you still consider the actions of your employees unprofessional? I wouldn't.
I expect people to be people. Off color humor although questionable at times is normal.

Old 04-24-2014, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
While I agree the Doctors should have had more class, the conversation was thought to have been private. While in the truck driving home from a job I am sure your men at times, discuss a particularly annoying customer in less than flattering ways.
What if a customer hid a cell phone in the truck to secretly record conversations? Would you still consider the actions of your employees unprofessional? I wouldn't.
I expect people to be people. Off color humor although questionable at times is normal.
If I heard a recorded conversation and the guys were being disrespectful.....yes...they would be fired.

Again....perhaps well drillers just have higher standards than doctors.....it is just disappointing.

Old 04-24-2014, 10:42 AM

6,175 posts, read 12,940,454 times
Quote:

That's great. That's how you choose to run your business. I'm sure the people who work for you know that, and behave accordingly. Of course, what those employees say in private, about your customers or about you, may not jibe with your policy. But it's private. Do you hide recording devices in the cabs of their trucks to enforce your policy?

For the record, I'm not defending the jokes or the language used by this group of medical professionals. Sure, it's juvenile and off color. I'm simply saying that it was not intended to be heard by, or offensive to, anyone, and that any & all damage caused was caused by the guy who secretly recorded a private conversation, not by the medical staff with a slightly bawdy sense of humor. And it's not deserving of any monetary reward.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies