Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you care about what Donald Sterling said
Yes 36 14.34%
No I Do Not Care 235 93.63%
Other 11 4.38%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 251. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2014, 07:20 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Sorry, but the commish is SUPPOSED to bow down to the mob. The mob pays the bills.

Look, you guys are being awfully selective here.

Again, when Bill O'Reilly used his show as a bully pulpit to get PepsiCo to drop Ludacris from their advertising campaign because he didn't like what Luda says on a few records, I didn't see a whole lotta crying for Ludacris' "free speech rights" and dude got dropped from his deal.

O'Reilly AND Hannity went after the rapper Common just because they didn't like his song "Assata," which wasn't violent at all. Nor was it vulgar. They accused him of being a supporter of a cop killer and they used their shows as a soapbox to DEMAND that Common not be allowed his White House invite with other invited performers.

What about HIS free speech? Oh...nevermind. He's fair game because he's a rapper and not a sports team owner.

Common got no support from the same CD crowd that supports Sterling's free speech rights.

Yeah...That's what I thought. I know how this game is being played...y'all don't wanna play fair. You wanna stack the deck for the man with the billion dollar business.

And I'm not even mad about what Sterling said...makes me no nevermind. But let's keep it real here.

You right leaning types love to harp on personal responsibility and consequences, but you're awfully selective about the application.
Yeah and back in the day who went after heavy metal and then the 2 Live Crew? All of it makes me no nevermind...........it's all stupid BS. I'm not the selective one as I've never selected.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2014, 07:22 AM

Quote:
He owns a revenue stream called a pro basketball team. Who else is he gonna pay if he wants to have a chance to win? He's got no choice but to pay millions to blacks whether he likes them or not.

I've worked under a few racists myself in my day. They paid me because I did the work. I'm sure they would've rather hired and paid a white guy, but when you need a job to get done, color isn't exactly a luxury you can afford to wait around for. I was available for hire so I was hired.

Of course, they didn't think they were racists, but you pick up subtle hints. Fine by me...just don't let the check bounce. Outside opinions about blacks aren't important to me so long as you don't act on it or do something blatantly disrespectful to me personally.

Lots of people work for racists...They just don't know it. And that's cool I suppose.
I worked under a lesbian boss years back who hated men. So it goes......

Old 05-01-2014, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
You sure like to make stuff up. Oprah never call for Sterling or anyone else to be killed.
Google is your friend at times.........

Old 05-01-2014, 07:32 AM

Quote:
His players can drive his franchise right into the poorhouse...when he can't keep his top talent and he can't attract free agents, GAME OVER!

As for his girlfriend, you guys need to lay off since I doubt y'all could do any better. I mean, he's a millionaire...maybe even a billionaire and that's the best he can do apparently. You guys are broke, so I can only imagine what you'd end up with since you wanna go there and talk about her looks.
Now why the hell would the guys on the team try and drive it into the poorhouse? Unless they are dumb enough to go into the "poorhouse" too. I guess you think that. I'd bet most of em just shake their head and go play ball. Most ballplayers show up to play. It's what they have done their whole lives. If I saw a teammate of mine trying to "head for the poorhouse" I'd get in his face back in the day not that I was ever some superstar or making millions of dollars to toss a ball around..............lol

Old 05-01-2014, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
2 million bucks is like beer money to the guy......and he bought the team for like 12 million.. if he has to sell it'll @250 million, Do people honestly think he gives a crap about what we think? If I had his money I'd drive around with my zipper down pissing on all of you while I paid somebody to post here
Clowns on ESPN said the franchise could be worth a billion. Stick it to him..........lol.

But hey all these hollywood liberal loons are lining up to buy the team which will make the "mob" happy.

Old 05-01-2014, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Were any of you angry about Linda Tripp illegally recording Monica Lewinsky?

I think we know the answer.
Your hero Clinton wasn't impeached for that. Screamers would not know though. Any tapes of Paula Jones laying around? Whitewater ring any bells?

Old 05-01-2014, 07:40 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,653,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Now why the hell would the guys on the team try and drive it into the poorhouse? Unless they are dumb enough to go into the "poorhouse" too. I guess you think that. I'd bet most of em just shake their head and go play ball. Most ballplayers show up to play. It's what they have done their whole lives. If I saw a teammate of mine trying to "head for the poorhouse" I'd get in his face back in the day not that I was ever some superstar or making millions of dollars to toss a ball around..............lol
He isn't talking about throwing games..

If CP and Griffith demand trades the LA Clippers go right back to stinking..

They still make money but it won't be tons of it like they are making now.

I think people are misguided by the tapes. I don't think this is a GF trying to get back at Sterling. This is Sterlings wife or outside forces who waited until Sterling had a killer team to expose him.

Old 05-01-2014, 07:41 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,653,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Your hero Clinton wasn't impeached for that. Screamers would not know though. Any tapes of Paula Jones laying around? Whitewater ring any bells?
he didn't say he was impeached...

we wasted tons of time and money over a BJ

Old 05-01-2014, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
I think there are some disturbed people who really do think there is some sinister current of racism in our society. But for the most part, it's just race hustling for profit. That profit can be in terms of power, money, fame, or psychology. Democrats get elected on it. Race baiters profit from it. They get donations to fight racism and get to be interviewed on the news and such. Liberals like the ones here on CD get a sense of superiority in themselves in how enlightened they are not to be racist. People who got turned down for a promotion or a job or what-have-you can take comfort in blaming racism for it rather than their own shortcomings. It's just like in years past when people saw a commie lurking in every shadow, only these days instead of the "red scare" it's the racist scare.
Commies are back...........in ever facet of government it appears.

Old 05-01-2014, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
he didn't say he was impeached...

we wasted tons of time and money over a BJ
It appears you either didn't read my link or can't comprehend. Probably both. Do you even know what occurred? Google can be your friend at times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies