Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2014, 01:37 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,954,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricS39 View Post
Don't you want the poor struggling people get the welfare benefits they need to survive?

While you drive your Mercedes Benz and watch your 401k reach the million mark, people are on the streets struggling every day and you can help them out but to administrate each person helping out needs to be done on a large economy of scale

So best way I can think of is we pay a little bit more every April 15th (once a year is not a lot to ask) so every struggling day benefits can be redistributed to starving jobless folks who have kids to support and need to eat and sleep.

Liberals are ok with this but Conservative Republicans aren't. Why not ?
wow, a lot of rubbish assumptions in this post. not all republicans are millionaires driving mercedes benzs, and hate poor people. i am not a millionaire, i drive an 82 fairmont, and i am middle class. there are a lot of poor republicans, just like there are a lot of rich liberal democrats. so before you go making assumptions that make you look foolish, perhaps you might want to do some real research and find the real facts?

like for instance, did you know that conservatives are more inclined to donate to, and do charity work than liberals are? so tell me again that conservatives hate poor people, i need a laugh during my three times per week four hour long dialysis sessions.

Old 05-02-2014, 01:40 PM

376 posts, read 296,489 times
Why are you a Conservative and/or Republican if you are one?

Easy: Functioning brain. Next question.

Old 05-02-2014, 01:41 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,614,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbtornado View Post
Yes simply put.. As much as many won't want to hear this.. In general far right Republicans are more selfish than moderates and Democrats.
You have no evidence to support that. The truth is that there probably isn't much difference between the two as far as being selfish or generous. The difference is in the method. You seem to think one must want to funnel money through the government to be generous, while plenty of people are generous without having to do it through forced taxation.

Old 05-02-2014, 01:47 PM

1,637 posts, read 1,886,548 times
I'll tell you why i'm no longer a Republican

1. I value true fiscal conservacy..not just talking about it!

2. I value true family values..not just talking about it..

3. I value true separation of Church and State.

4. I want the gov't out of my life to the greatest extent possible.not just on issues that I agree or disagree with. That is why 10 years ago I became a Libertarian!

Old 05-02-2014, 01:52 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,429,040 times
Quote:
Republicans are more likely the rural wealthy majority

Democrats are more likely the lower middle class blue collar urban
I can see how that is true in my area.

I am a fiscal conservative.......I don't care what you do as long as it is legal....I just will not pay for it.

Old 05-02-2014, 01:57 PM

23,860 posts, read 24,187,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbtornado View Post
Yes simply put.. As much as many won't want to hear this.. In general far right Republicans are more selfish than moderates and Democrats.
Republicans want to keep what they've earned.

Democrats want to give away what the Republicans have earned.

I hope that wasn't too difficult for you to understand.

Old 05-02-2014, 02:01 PM

1,110 posts, read 675,604 times
I'm an uncalculably insensitive but objective right leaning, moderate conservative (niche group, maybe even a party of 1). I don't own a Mercedes but a 2004 Honda Accord w/ 160K miles.

To profess that it's righteous to 'take from one according to their ability to give to another according to their needs' is not and never has been aligned with the American ideal or for that matter, that of the human species.

The reason provisioning for the poor has escalated to the level of perversion that it resides today is the the ascribed parameters that more or less currently define 'needs'. For purposes of existence, the minimum is 3 hots and a cot in a (best case) temperate environment.

I'm all for basic shelter and education to a level where anyone can be guided to develop the capacity to co-exist in and contribute to a free market society but when the average sq ft of housing per person (provisioned by funds taken from tax payers and handed to 'the poor') exceeds the avg of an employed head of household (he/she who lives on that which has not been taken away), we must ask ourselves, is there something wrong with this picture?

Old 05-02-2014, 02:03 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,393,918 times
Quote:
Liberals can't get enough of spending other peoples money.

Old 05-02-2014, 02:04 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,477,225 times
Quote:
Don't you want the poor struggling people get the welfare benefits they need to survive?
Of course. If someone is disabled, they deserve support. If an able bodied person is seeking work, they deserve support until they find it. But an able bodied person without work who is not making any effort to find work? No.
Quote:
While you drive your Mercedes Benz and watch your 401k reach the million mark, people are on the streets struggling every day and you can help them out but to administrate each person helping out needs to be done on a large economy of scale
Hate to burst your bubble here but the evil rich Republican is a myth. 8 out of the 10 richest counties in the nation are Democrat counties. These are people who live in mansions while professing their profound concern for the homeless. These are people who eat at 5 star restaurants while declaring how much they care about the hungry. So your whole Republicans driving nice cars while other people struggle thing pretty much falls flat.
Quote:
So best way I can think of is we pay a little bit more every April 15th (once a year is not a lot to ask) so every struggling day benefits can be redistributed to starving jobless folks who have kids to support and need to eat and sleep.

Because it creates dependency. It creates multigenerational poverty. Uneducated, unemployed parents on government benefits do not raise children to value education and a good work ethic. A welfare state creates a permanent underclass. It starts out with you giving someone money because the person is needy. But that becomes the person being needy because you gave them money. All welfare does is perpetuate poverty. It does not lift people out of it. Additionally, the constitution says that any power not specifically delegated to the federal government is reserved to the states and the people. That means welfare should be a local matter, not a federal matter. Democrats routinely violate the constitution that their oath of office swears them to uphold.

Old 05-02-2014, 02:06 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,429,040 times
[quote=kidkaos2;34631741][quote=EricS39;34630976]Don't you want the poor struggling people get the welfare benefits they need to survive?
[quote]
Of course.
[quote]
Quote:
Hate to burst your bubble here but the evil rich Republican is a myth. 8 out of the 10 richest counties in the nation are Democrat counties. These are people who live in mansions while professing their profound concern for the homeless. These are people who eat at 5 star restaurants while declaring how much they care about the hungry. So your whole Republicans driving nice cars while other people struggle thing pretty much falls flat.

Because it creates dependency. It creates multigenerational poverty. Uneducated, unemployed parents on government benefits do not raise children to value education and a good work ethic. A welfare state creates a permanent underclass. It starts out with you giving someone money because the person is needy. But that becomes the person being needy because you gave them money. All welfare does is perpetuate poverty. It does not lift people out of it. Additionally, the constitution says that any power not specifically delegated to the federal government is reserved to the states and the people. That means welfare should be a local matter, not a federal matter. Democrats routinely violate the constitution that their oath of office swears them to uphold.
Great post!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies