Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 06:13 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,259,631 times

Advertisements

I wish he would have gotten five years. I hope he gets more with the state charges.

Any one who can hurt an innocent animal is the lowest of the low in my opinion.

Yes animals are lower species than humans, but they are innocent creature who are at our mercy to take care of them. Not abuse them and torture them for what. . . I don't know. . . entertainment and financial gain. Mr. Vick is a sick man.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2007, 10:56 PM

20,343 posts, read 19,930,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzenfreund View Post
Amazing, people are actually defending this scumbag... HANGING A DOG etc. .
Are you serious? I haven't come across anybody supporting him or making excuses for his barbaric behavior. Who are these people?

I couldn't even finish any of the articles about him.

Old 12-11-2007, 01:08 AM

4,562 posts, read 4,103,050 times
I think he should have just been fined his NFL career earnings.

A noname guy would have gotten much longer. How sad......

Old 12-11-2007, 02:56 AM

460 posts, read 3,547,541 times
I think 6 mths would of been fair. His career is all but ruined and he's been humiliated real good. As much as I hate what the guy did I don't want to see him buried over it, not on a 1st offense at least. Either way he sure caused himself a lot of trouble. I wonder when he gets out if part of his probation is going to be that he can have no contact with animals.

Old 12-11-2007, 03:23 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,259,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odinloki1 View Post
I think he should have just been fined his NFL career earnings.

A noname guy would have gotten much longer. How sad......
Fined? That is like a slap on the wrist to these guys. . . no, it's like a feather-duster to the wrist. I am so glad he is getting real jail time.

A little bit of justice.

Old 12-11-2007, 06:06 AM

6,762 posts, read 11,631,332 times
He's locked up for 23 months with one of the stipulations of his plea deal being he would not be allowed to apply for early parole. From my understanding, he still could get out 3 months early for good behavior, but will have 3 years of probation after he gets out, plus facing state charges. But for right now, he's headed to a federal pound me in the a$$ prison...

I can't stand to hear of people abusing and torturing animals. I LOVE to see rodeo cowboys get stomped and smashed by bulls, as I also enjoy seeing people getting gored in the streets during the running of the bulls. Anyone who would treat animals so inhumanely deserve a taste of their own medicine.

Old 12-11-2007, 07:42 AM

5,168 posts, read 11,439,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Are you serious? I haven't come across anybody supporting him or making excuses for his barbaric behavior. Who are these people?

I couldn't even finish any of the articles about him.

Some people did make comments that the punisment is too harsh and or comparing it to eating a hamburger...

And there was another thread a while ago, where people spoke out against punishing him.

Old 12-11-2007, 08:25 AM

640 posts, read 461,608 times
Not to mention that Vick LIED to prosecutors (failed a polygraph...) and tested positive for illegal drugs....

This guy is a loser in the morality column.....

Old 12-11-2007, 09:00 AM

3,352 posts, read 6,663,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
During the Falcons-Saints game Monday night, the camera panned through the audience and showed people wearing Vick jerseys. One idiot held up a sign saying "Keep your head up, Vick." What a bunch of fools.

There have also been people saying that what Vick did to his dogs was no worse than what hunters do. (Last I checked, hunters don't torture and abuse their prey for weeks and months on end, or subject them to fights with other animals.) And, naturally, some people are playing the race card. (I doubt that the dogs he abused cared much about the pigmentation of his skin.)

Old 12-11-2007, 09:44 AM

2,684 posts, read 6,887,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnbound2day View Post
He's locked up for 23 months with one of the stipulations of his plea deal being he would not be allowed to apply for early parole. From my understanding, he still could get out 3 months early for good behavior, but will have 3 years of probation after he gets out, plus facing state charges. But for right now, he's headed to a federal pound me in the a$$ prison...

I can't stand to hear of people abusing and torturing animals. I LOVE to see rodeo cowboys get stomped and smashed by bulls, as I also enjoy seeing people getting gored in the streets during the running of the bulls. Anyone who would treat animals so inhumanely deserve a taste of their own medicine.
The thing about treating animals inhumanely is they are not human. I think that the sentence is not to long and not too short, but I think we need to remember that these are dogs. If he would have commited these crimes in Idaho or Wyoming he would have recieved less than a year (probably just probation) because it is a mideamenor in these states.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies