Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2014, 09:31 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,763,518 times

Advertisements

Across the US its Mothers day. Yet there have been numerous "Race" related threads started today. Why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2014, 09:36 AM

9,884 posts, read 10,981,966 times
Probably because there are a few people who think calling attention to the "race card" will somehow make race relations better.
Personally, I think it is akin to picking the scab off of a sore, it slows the healing.

Old 05-11-2014, 09:46 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,356,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
Probably because there are a few people who think calling attention to the "race card" will somehow make race relations better.
Personally, I think it is akin to picking the scab off of a sore, it slows the healing.
Yes....I agree.

I will say I am racist......the thing is five years ago I was not.

It just get real old when everything is race or, gay.

This is such a change for me.....20 years ago I was having a great time partying in gay bars.....with as many blacks as non-blacks.

My first husband is from Honduras.....his best friend Albert was the best man in our wedding....Albert is a black man.

The whole race/gay thing has just gotten old with me.

Blacks had the right to vote before females.....there is a black president before a female.

Old 05-11-2014, 10:00 AM

25,776 posts, read 18,834,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
The whole race/gay thing has just gotten old with me.
Join the club.

At one time, I never even thought about race or sexual orientation. Neither meant anything to me. We are all people. Now, I'm so sick of hearing it bored into any and every topic or discussion that I could throw up. And it's not because of race or gays, it's because I'm sick of hearing about it. Quite peacocking it. Just get on with your lives as you see fit and quit jamming it down everyone's throats.

Remember what happened with the Bee Gees (the band) back in the 70s? They had some good tunes and they were all extremely talented. But after a few years of hearing NOTHING but Bee Gees this and Bee Gees that, everyone was so sick of them that they were practically run out of the recording business on a rail. They worked behind the scenes after that and never regained their popularity. People still cringe when you mention the Bee Gees.

It gets old after while and you're not doing yourself any favors by living in a 24/7/365 parade. You race/gay peacockers are in danger of becoming the Bee Gees of the 21st century.

Old 05-11-2014, 10:18 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,356,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Join the club.

At one time, I never even thought about race or sexual orientation. Neither meant anything to me. We are all people. Now, I'm so sick of hearing it bored into any and every topic or discussion that I could throw up. And it's not because of race or gays, it's because I'm sick of hearing about it. Quite peacocking it. Just get on with your lives as you see fit and quit jamming it down everyone's throats.

Remember what happened with the Bee Gees (the band) back in the 70s? They had some good tunes and they were all extremely talented. But after a few years of hearing NOTHING but Bee Gees this and Bee Gees that, everyone was so sick of them that they were practically run out of the recording business on a rail. They worked behind the scenes after that and never regained their popularity. People still cringe when you mention the Bee Gees.

It gets old after while and you're not doing yourself any favors by living in a 24/7/365 parade. You race/gay peacockers are in danger of becoming the Bee Gees of the 21st century.
I never thought about it either.....like you said....we were ALL just people.

Old 05-11-2014, 10:20 AM

924 posts, read 667,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Across the US its Mothers day. Yet there have been numerous "Race" related threads started today. Why?
Because the shills who start all the threads know it's easier to keep people occupied bickering about social issues rather than discussing the real problems.

Old 05-11-2014, 10:23 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,317,854 times
Quote:
What did you expect to find today on a forum for politics and controversies? Really. I want to know. People don't come to a place like this to post Mother's Day wishes. Did you expect to find a thread or two debating who had the best Mom growing up?

Old 05-11-2014, 10:29 AM

9,884 posts, read 10,981,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
What did you expect to find today on a forum for politics and controversies? Really. I want to know. People don't come to a place like this to post Mother's Day wishes. Did you expect to find a thread or two debating who had the best Mom growing up?
The point is, ANYTHING other than race or sexuality would be VERY welcome!

Old 05-11-2014, 10:44 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,357,057 times
Quote:
Probably because this is a forum and that's what people do here.

Old 05-11-2014, 10:54 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,763,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
The point is, ANYTHING other than race or sexuality would be VERY welcome!
Amen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies