Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2014, 10:57 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,493,748 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Across the US its Mothers day. Yet there have been numerous "Race" related threads started today. Why?
Because Mother's Day doesnt fall in to "Politics and Other Controversies". I'm surprised though that Fox hasn't gone there yet with faux outrage at libs violating the sanctity of this special day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2014, 11:00 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,352,818 times
Back to Mother's Day, this year is the 100th anniversary of the first Mother's Day proclamation made by President Woodrow Wilson, I didn't know that until I saw it on tv yesterday. MD even has an official flower...the carnation.

Happy Mother's Day folks, I have to go plant flowers for my wife

Old 05-11-2014, 11:06 AM

3,304 posts, read 2,177,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Yes....I agree.

I will say I am racist......the thing is five years ago I was not.

It just get real old when everything is race or, gay.

This is such a change for me.....20 years ago I was having a great time partying in gay bars.....with as many blacks as non-blacks.

My first husband is from Honduras.....his best friend Albert was the best man in our wedding....Albert is a black man.

The whole race/gay thing has just gotten old with me.

Blacks had the right to vote before females.....there is a black president before a female.
Our whole society here in America is based around race relations. There is no way around that. We can try to say that race doesn't matter, but it still does because people make it matter. The federal government, as well as state and local governments, have whole divisions that focus solely on race. There are numerous organizations that exist just to agitate racial issues. And they (those organizations and the government) aren't going anywhere.

Our society is obsessed with race, yet some people want to act like individuals that that live in this society should just ignore race even when it's continuously shoved in our faces.

Old 05-11-2014, 11:16 AM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
If people are sick of hearing about it, they could always just stop obsessing over it.

Stop lying about being called racist on a daily basis. Stop lying about having sexuality shoved in your face all the time.

It's funny that nearly all the cries of racism come from the right wing lying about being called racist.

And nearly all the sexuality discussions center around the right wing whining about having it "shoved in their faces."

Openly gay athletes is an interesting new thing, but if people would getting themselves all outraged about it, it would hardly even merit being a news story. Likewise, gay couples getting married is only news because so many people on the right fight so tirelessly to discriminate. And the crying about racism comes almost entirely from the right.

It seems a bit silly to complain about something that is almost entirely your own doing.

Old 05-11-2014, 11:47 AM

5,735 posts, read 3,263,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Across the US its Mothers day. Yet there have been numerous "Race" related threads started today. Why?

Well that and 30 years ago today 8 teenagers died in the haunted castle attraction at six flags greatt adventure in new Jersey.

Old 05-11-2014, 02:19 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,843,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Because Mother's Day doesnt fall in to "Politics and Other Controversies". I'm surprised though that Fox hasn't gone there yet with faux outrage at libs violating the sanctity of this special day.
Actually it does!
How you may ask?

Allow me to answer the original question:
Quote:
What's so special today (5-11-14)?
All of those that are celebrating Mother's Day are doing so because their mother, obviously wasn't a leftist 'unborn baby killer'!

Thank You Mom for giving me life!

Old 05-11-2014, 04:58 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,843,936 times

And may I say that all of us who are able to give Thanks to our mom's today can do so because They Chose Life and refused to kill us before we had a chance to breath, the breath of life .. on our own!

My own Dear Mother who passed away two years ago .. turned 'fourteen' just twenty days after I was born!

If ever there was a lucky person in this world to have such a wonderful and caring mother .. it was me!

God Bless You Mom and .. Thank You For Giving Me Life!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies