Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2014, 10:27 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,894,387 times

Advertisements

I have never seen nay stats or can I imagine now to get accurate ones. So its Ops opinion against others; frankly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2014, 12:01 AM

102 posts, read 101,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by savoytruffle View Post
Wanting sexual attention is much different than saying "hey, some guy should come over and try to have sex with me, and if I resist, just keep going!"

You are making men look bad by actually trying to argue this.
And wouldn't that be great? To live in a world where all of the signals we send are intercepted only by those we wish, who interpret them exactly as we intended? Surprise! The world doesn't work that way. You're making yourself look bad by failing to grasp this simple concept.

Old 05-12-2014, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Rape happens at a low percentage where a woman is abducted at knife point from a dark alley. What happens in a higher pecentage is a woman, usually attractive is hanging out with a bunch of friends and drinking. They get drunk and either cannot respond or the guy is so drunk too that he doesn't know NO means NO!
Rape can happen to anyone male or female but it is usually the attractive girl who gets invited to the party in the first place.
Taking alcohol away from the situation would greatly reduce the accounts of rape.
Precisely. As I already mentioned, there are different types of rapists with different MOs. How often do grossly obese co-eds get raped? Extremely rarely. Why? Because they are sexually unattractive.

Old 05-12-2014, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
What do rapists think? Do they think provocative clothing is an invitation to rape? Do they think a woman behaving very provocatively might want sex?

It doesn't really matter what non-rapists think of the slutty clothing, it's what the rapists think.
That's a fair point. So put yourself in the mindset of a rapist for a moment. Who are you more likely to target? That is, who are you more likely to be able convince to come up to your dorm room? The girl in the turtleneck, or the one in the see-through bra?

Old 05-12-2014, 09:02 AM

3,433 posts, read 5,749,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrannis View Post
Precisely. As I already mentioned, there are different types of rapists with different MOs. How often do grossly obese co-eds get raped? Extremely rarely. Why? Because they are sexually unattractive.

bingo !

Old 05-12-2014, 10:19 AM

2,084 posts, read 2,623,922 times
Quote:
And wouldn't that be great? To live in a world where all of the signals we send are intercepted only by those we wish, who interpret them exactly as we intended? Surprise! The world doesn't work that way. You're making yourself look bad by failing to grasp this simple concept.
Not at all what I said. You are getting desperate here and it is funny to watch you flail. The fact you cannot differentiate between a woman wanting sexual attention - like, picking up a guy in a bar and having consensual sex with him - versus wanting to be RAPED and literally INVITING IT is troubling. Then you pass it off on people not interpreting signals correctly? This implies you believe that people actually send out signals that they want to be raped, which makes absolutely no sense.

People who want consensual hookups are not also saying "hey, you can rape me as well because if I say no, it doesn't matter because I am dressed sexily." Whether or not the message gets across or not does not mean you are allowed to rape them. This is common sense yet you fail to see it. Now who's the one who can't grasp simple concepts?

Old 05-12-2014, 11:25 AM

3,433 posts, read 5,749,458 times
Much of the rape that is reported could have been avoided just by using common sense precautions.

However, to the liberals, it is not "pc" to even mention ....."precautions "

Old 05-12-2014, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by savoytruffle View Post
Not at all what I said. You are getting desperate here and it is funny to watch you flail. The fact you cannot differentiate between a woman wanting sexual attention - like, picking up a guy in a bar and having consensual sex with him - versus wanting to be RAPED and literally INVITING IT is troubling. Then you pass it off on people not interpreting signals correctly? This implies you believe that people actually send out signals that they want to be raped, which makes absolutely no sense.

People who want consensual hookups are not also saying "hey, you can rape me as well because if I say no, it doesn't matter because I am dressed sexily." Whether or not the message gets across or not does not mean you are allowed to rape them. This is common sense yet you fail to see it. Now who's the one who can't grasp simple concepts?
Let's try again. You're still not comprehending what's being said here. No one has suggested the idea that women "want" to be raped or "literally" invite it, yet you keep presenting an argument against it. We're talking about whether some women invite rape (figuratively), based on their dress and behavior. To that end, women who act in such a way as to draw sexual attention to themselves are also sending signals, deliberately or not, to men who may wish to prey on them. Thus, they are increasing their odds of being a victim, i.e. inviting rape. Got it?

Old 05-12-2014, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy52 View Post
Much of the rape that is reported could have been avoided just by using common sense precautions.

However, to the liberals, it is not "pc" to even mention ....."precautions "
That's exactly right. According to feminist dogma, a woman has no responsibility at all. She can follow a man to his hotel room, have sex with him for whatever length of time she wants and still say "no". And if he continues, he's guilty of rape. Sorry, I don't buy that. If you're in bed naked with a guy, I call that consent.

Old 05-12-2014, 04:13 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,720,278 times
Quote:
That's exactly right. According to feminist dogma, a woman has no responsibility at all. She can follow a man to his hotel room, have sex with him for whatever length of time she wants and still say "no". And if he continues, he's guilty of rape. Sorry, I don't buy that. If you're in bed naked with a guy, I call that consent.
My sister-in-law was raped by her boyfriend of several months after he decided that he really wanted to have anal sex despite her firm and repeated refusal of that act in the past. This was during sex. She struggled and he did it anyway.

Yes, that is rape.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies