Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2014, 11:34 AM

3,433 posts, read 5,747,744 times

Advertisements

I doubt Putin's parents even considered giving Vladimir a MUSLIM name.

Old 05-10-2014, 11:35 AM

459 posts, read 485,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy52 View Post
Evidently his parents liked that Muslim name a lot.

Very few non-Muslim parents give that name to their kids.

The name..HUSSEIN.........must have meant a lot to Barack HUSSEIN Obama's parents.
Yeah, just like my middle name of Elizabeth proves that I'm a committed 16th century monarchist.

So, xenophobia AND logical fallacies. Got it. Unbelievable that a bigot like you, incapable of the smallest shred of logical reasoning, cancels out my vote in each election.

Old 05-10-2014, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhitegocubs View Post
Yeah, just like my middle name of Elizabeth proves that I'm a committed 16th century monarchist.

So, xenophobia AND logical fallacies. Got it. Unbelievable that a bigot like you, incapable of the smallest shred of logical reasoning, cancels out my vote in each election.

..........."in each election "....

I doubt you even bother to show up unless it is for a RACIST vote to elect....."the first black president "

Old 05-10-2014, 11:40 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,165,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodbye_hello View Post
Atleast 70 Million Americans take mind altering drugs. Neither nation is prospering, nor is there a solution in sight. Atleast in Russia I can struggle alongside people that share the same ideals and values as myself. USA is a melting pot of dis-unity and ignorant selfishness.
You get more absurd with each post. Russia is moving inexorably backwards with a crumbling economy. There is nothing heroic about that, especially when the reason for that is incipient fascism. And the United States economy continues to expand, and will do so for the foreseeable future. In fact, the American working age population will expand by roughly 50 million between now and 2050, while Russia will be a shadow of its former self.

Second, 70 million people do not take mind altering drugs. Are we talking about LSD here? Seriously?

Nope. Putin is just accelerating Russia's decline by trying to recapture the country's former glory -- if you can call subjugating other peoples glorious. The convulsions are coming and you are too blinded by jingoism to realize it.

Old 05-10-2014, 11:46 AM

Quote:
..........."in each election "....

I doubt you even bother to show up unless it is for a RACIST vote to elect....."the first black president "
I voted for Obama because I support his policies. That's not true, I support policies far to his left (Bernie Sanders, Warren, etc...) but of the two options he was the only one. Just like I have voted for left-wing candidates in every election, including state elections and off-year elections. You know, because we live in a society.

Old 05-10-2014, 12:28 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,166,733 times
It's funny how rightwingers and the TPs babble on and on about reducing big govt, but then can barely conceal their hard-on for a strong-arm dictator increasing the power of govt over his people.

Old 05-10-2014, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
It's funny how rightwingers and the TPs babble on and on about reducing big govt, but then can barely conceal their hard-on for a strong-arm dictator increasing the power of govt over his people.
But he's enforcing restrictions on social liberties and freedom of expression. That's okay! Morality is absolute and based on tradition and religion.

Jailing people for dissent against his positions? That's okay, too! They love a heavy-handed prison state.

But he allows wealthy oligarchs to rule things in a wildly unequal society. Wait, that's also perfect!

But in all seriousness, the right-wing movement has nothing to do with liberty or freedom or the tyranny of government. Rather, it's about a shrinking and very homogeneous group of people who are losing their grip on what America is, economically and socially, and are trying to maintain their power structures by any means possible.

Old 05-10-2014, 12:51 PM

I would think it would be the left wing anti-religion people who would love those communist dictators.

Seems every communist dictator banned religions and shut down churches.

Left wing gay protestors enter churches during services in order to disrupt them.
Lots of similarities.

Old 05-10-2014, 12:57 PM

4,625 posts, read 12,296,810 times
Quote:

Left wing gay protestors enter churches during services in order to disrupt them.
Lots of similarities.
Yeah, but when they're protesting the right wing nut who shot an abortion doctor it is okay?

Old 05-10-2014, 01:50 PM

7,776 posts, read 12,445,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm31828 View Post
The gay people have no agenda other than wanting to be treated equally just as everyone else does. Again, this is the same thing as the racial issues that were big 50 years ago, where minorities here in the US had to fight for equal rights even though a lot of lawmakers and citizens didn't feel they deserved equal rights (such as it interracial marriage being illegal).
Russia is falling behind, as the rest of the world is progressing towards more equal treatment for all people, Russia is deciding to go backwards. I am sure next they will be discriminating against certain races that Putin doesn't like.
No one in this forum is the gay spokesperson and it is not the same thing as racial issues, plus racial issues have not been solved. Yes, interracial marriage is no longer illegal, but, that is far from the bigger problems. This thread is mostly just people posting one line potshots from one belief to another. Kid stuff. The rest of the world is not progressing towards more equal treatment for all people. It will not happen. Utopia is not in the cards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies