Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2014, 10:24 PM

10,096 posts, read 5,758,099 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Yes, it is a free country. You have every right to believe whatever the hell you want. The issue occurs when you want to legislate your religious beliefs as law.
It swings both ways. You want to legislate your immoral beliefs upon Christians and force them to accept SIN as natural and normal.

Old 05-09-2014, 10:27 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,256,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
It swings both ways. You want to legislate your immoral beliefs upon Christians and force them to accept SIN as natural and normal.
Not really, no one is forcing Christians to have same sex marriages.

Old 05-09-2014, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Marriage equality taking the deep south

This is great news but I feel like people should be able to marry whomever they please without having to get permission from the government.

I will be glad when all of the states treat people equally - one state at a time though.
Just because a single judge approves SSM doesn't mean you will get true equality. I don't care if you have a legal document saying you are married. I won't validate the marriage by pretending that a homosexual marriage is just as good and valid in God's eyes as a heterosexual marriage. I'm sure there are plenty of Arkansans that feel the same way.

Old 05-09-2014, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Not really, no one is forcing Christians to have same sex marriages.
No, but you are forcing us to be pro-gay or be an outcast of society!

Old 05-09-2014, 10:34 PM

22,217 posts, read 19,520,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
So you love your "gay marriage crusade" and claim that is why you think republicans are doing bad. Well you are right. That is my point. Do you not read posts others write on a thread you decide to post in? I guess not. Instead of real issues this is YOUR main one............ridiculous. Country burns and you scream gay marriage.............

Trying to make religion law has hurt the GOP, but that isn't what I was talking about. The GOP has a demographics problem and sit there and wonder why, the whining and complaining about diversity as you did earlier explains why the GOP can't figure out why they have a demogrpahic problem.

Old 05-09-2014, 10:34 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,047,521 times
When will the feigned outraged ware on women start............it appears the "right hates gays" has a spark now. All liberals do every election anymore. When will you folks ever debate on real issues? Probably never. So pathetic but you and your public schools and unions have dumbed down the society so much go turn the nation into Detroit. Why you want to do that I don't know........but you do. You will burn in the end like the rest.

Old 05-09-2014, 10:37 PM

Quote:

I don't believe in Theocracy. Fact of the matter is many people disagree on what is moral and what is immoral. What is natural and normal and what isn't natural and normal.

This isn't about forcing anyone to accept anything, this is about equality under the law. Laws should not be made off personal religious beliefs.

Old 05-09-2014, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
When will the feigned outraged ware on women start............it appears the "right hates gays" has a spark now. All liberals do every election anymore. When will you folks ever debate on real issues? Probably never. So pathetic but you and your public schools and unions have dumbed down the society so much go turn the nation into Detroit. Why you want to do that I don't know........but you do. You will burn in the end like the rest.
For starters equality is a real issue. As far as complaining about what the liberals do every election, should we revisit how the whole gay marriage thing became an election issue in the first place (2004 Karl Rove). Just because the issue as a whole no longer favors the Republicans as it did in the 2004 elections, doesn't mean it isn't still relevant.

As far as discussing the "real issues", do you think the GOP is really any better at this?? Have you seen a Republican State Legislature lately??

Old 05-09-2014, 11:04 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,047,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Trying to make religion law has hurt the GOP, but that isn't what I was talking about. The GOP has a demographics problem and sit there and wonder why, the whining and complaining about diversity as you did earlier explains why the GOP can't figure out why they have a demogrpahic problem.
Right or wrong............is the key............gay mob and media run wild.........and the rest are bigots according to them. Is that right? LOL

What is wrong with you? Folks can't have an opinion and even vote anymore as this post proves.

Old 05-09-2014, 11:06 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,256,579 times
Quote:
No, but you are forcing us to be pro-gay or be an outcast of society!
No one is forcing you to be pro-gay. You don't have to partake in any gay weddings just because it is legal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies