Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2014, 03:41 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,361,452 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
Chad, you do realize that when you look at personal effective tax rates, the wealthy already pay a much, much higher percentage than any other group, right?

It is incredibly ironic however that you make fun of Rush Limbaugh and quote ThinkProgress.org in the same post, given ThinkProgress is the liberal version of Limbaugh.
Its incredibly ironic that you think the only relevant taxation is.....federal taxes excluding social security.

Maybe you should ohhh...I don't know, LOOK at the actual tax burden of individuals? not just the cherry picked federal income tax?

You do realize that total tax burden is not as you describe at all?

Edit-heres a link, although its examination is fairly limited as to how it defines the groups it looked at:

http://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/finan...es-nationwide/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2014, 03:48 PM

88,979 posts, read 44,788,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Its incredibly ironic that you think the only relevant taxation is.....federal taxes excluding social security.

Maybe you should ohhh...I don't know, LOOK at the actual tax burden of individuals? not just the cherry picked federal income tax?
Fine. Let's look at the effective tax rates for ALL taxes, local, state, and federal:

Data Sources: Tax Policy Center and Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy

There's nothing I loathe more than deliberately ignorant liberals.

(Note to moderators: all images appearing in this post have been linked via HTML text command in a legally permissible manner per the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals Perfect 10 v. Amazon ruling, and as such do not constitute copyright violation. DO NOT delete the perfectly legal HTML text command in this post.)

Old 06-19-2014, 04:08 PM

2,865 posts, read 3,629,705 times
you ever seen a poor person make a good financial decision/investment?

Depends on what you consider "poor" but..yes..I have.

Old 06-19-2014, 04:40 PM

9,855 posts, read 15,201,228 times
Quote:

Edit-heres a link, although its examination is fairly limited as to how it defines the groups it looked at:

Study: Most Americans Pay 20% in All Major Taxes | NerdWallet's Money-Saving Tips
Can you tell me why you use ThinkProgress as a serious source? You do realize ThinkProgress is as much a partisan liberal rag as Limbaugh is a partisan conservative joke, right?

To answer your post, why he says:

(and InformedConsent, unfortunately I have to spread it around or I would have repped you)

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Fine. Let's look at the effective tax rates for ALL taxes, local, state, and federal:

(Note to moderators: all images appearing in this post have been linked via HTML text command in a legally permissible manner per the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals Perfect 10 v. Amazon ruling, and as such do not constitute copyright violation. DO NOT delete the perfectly legal HTML text command in this post.)
Chad, if we increased capital gains taxes, what do you think would happen to growth/decline in the NASDAQ/DOW in relation to global markets?

Last edited by hnsq; 06-19-2014 at 04:57 PM..

Old 06-19-2014, 04:52 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,503,740 times

Old 06-19-2014, 05:14 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,652,826 times
Quote:
Chad, you do realize that when you look at personal effective tax rates, the wealthy already pay a much, much higher percentage than any other group, right?

It is incredibly ironic however that you make fun of Rush Limbaugh and quote ThinkProgress.org in the same post, given ThinkProgress is the liberal version of Limbaugh.
I am talking about millionaire/billionaire CEO's.

Romney paid 14% effective tax rate in 2011 - Sep. 21, 2012

Warren Buffett's Effective Federal Income Tax Rate Was Just 11% - Forbes

Here's millionaire CEO Dick Cheney with a 6% federal tax rate.
http://www.ctj.org/pdf/bushchen05.pdf

I know many non-CEO middle class and upper middle class Americans who would LOVE to have those tax rates (instead they send painful checks to the IRS, and have MUCH higher tax rates.)

And Rush Limbaugh lies,

Rush says global warming is hoax (because if we combat global warming corporations will loose money.)
-But 97% of climate scientists say man made global warming is happening.

Rush says tax cuts for the rich increase revenues, help the economy, and create jobs.
- But respected economist say the above is untrue.

You said ThinkProgress is just like Rush Limbaugh, but how does ThinkProgress lie?

Old 06-19-2014, 05:25 PM

9,855 posts, read 15,201,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
I am talking about millionaire/billionaire CEO's.

Romney paid 14% effective tax rate in 2011 - Sep. 21, 2012

Warren Buffett's Effective Federal Income Tax Rate Was Just 11% - Forbes

Here's millionaire CEO Dick Cheney with a 6% federal tax rate.
http://www.ctj.org/pdf/bushchen05.pdf

I know many non-CEO middle class and upper middle class Americans who would LOVE to have those tax rates (instead they send painful checks to the IRS, and have MUCH higher tax rates.)

And Rush Limbaugh lies,

Rush says global warming is hoax (because if we combat global warming corporations will loose money.)

Rush says tax cuts for the rich increase revenues, help the economy, and create jobs.

You said ThinkProgress is just like Rush Limbaugh, but how does ThinkProgress lie?
ThinkProgess lies with every post. The fact that you can't see that is sad.

An effective tax rate of 14% is incredibly high. The average tax rate of those making between $50k and $100k/year was 8% last year.

You are so blindly liberal that you look for anything to back you up. Anyone as extreme right or left as yourself is what is destroying this country.

I hate Rush Limbaugh. I have only voted for a republican president once in my life. You seem so blindly angry against anyone you think is conservative that you completely missed that. Stop being so emotional and think rationally.

Old 06-19-2014, 05:30 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,652,826 times
Quote:
Can you tell me why you use ThinkProgress as a serious source? You do realize ThinkProgress is as much a partisan liberal rag as Limbaugh is a partisan conservative joke, right?

To answer your post, why he says:

(and InformedConsent, unfortunately I have to spread it around or I would have repped you)

Chad, if we increased capital gains taxes, what do you think would happen to growth/decline in the NASDAQ/DOW in relation to global markets?
Rush Limbaugh lies,

And reduced capital gains decrease revenues.
Policy Points: Experts Agree That Capital Gains Tax Cuts Lose Revenue — Center on Budget and Policy Priorities
"Capital Gains Tax Cuts Decrease Revenue over the Long Run and Hurt the" by Richard H. Serlin

"Raising Today’s Low Capital Gains Tax Rates Could Promote Economic Efficiency and Fairness, While Helping Reduce Deficits."
Raising Today
Capital Gains Tax Cuts 'By Far' The Biggest Contributor To Growth In Income Inequality, Study Finds | ThinkProgress

And there is no evidence that low capital gains help economic growth.
The case for raising taxes on capital gains - The Washington Post

Any group who supports low capital gains tax rates, will be connected to corporate think tanks, and support the following.

Romney's Economic Plan Includes $6.6 Trillion Tax Cut For The Rich And Corporations | ThinkProgress

And instead of just "saying" my sources can't be trusted, please post proof and reasons why my sources can't be trusted.

Thank you,
Chad.

Old 06-19-2014, 05:50 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,723,050 times
Quote:

Study: Most Americans Pay 20% in All Major Taxes | NerdWallet's Money-Saving Tips

You do realize that the people paying federal taxes pay all the other taxes too. Only idiots would think raising taxes on anyone is the answer. I call them useful idiots supporting governmental rape of American citizens.

Old 06-19-2014, 05:52 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,361,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post

So for example, social security is taken out at 6.2%, and another 6.2% paid for via your employer, thats part of your total compensation. So...looking at the chart are you saying that the folks in the top 20% pays a federal tax rate of 10%? Looking at my last years tax statement I'd beg to differ.

Oh right, I bet you just think that other part doesn't really apply. Got it.

There's nothing I loathe more than deliberately ignorant X as well.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies