Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2014, 06:39 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times

Advertisements

A teacher, male or female, having consensual sex with one of their students is a violation and abuse of authority. This does not preclude having sex with a student is some other school. I have learned over the years that human sexual attraction is completely inexplicable and attempts to regulated it beyond excluding force is ineffectual.

Rape is unacceptable. Coercion is unacceptable. Force is unacceptable. Consent of both parties in required.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2014, 06:44 AM

3,391 posts, read 4,481,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
What is you take on female teachers having sex with male students?

I am not taking about grade school age I am taking 15 to 18..

What is your take on it?

What is your take on the inverse of it?

The problem with teacher-student intimacy, regardless of the gender mix, is one of power.

Teachers and their students are not equals. Teachers have power over students. Teachers could conceivably pressure students for sexual favors in exchange for good grades. Conversely, students could offer sexual favors to teachers in exchange for good grades. Either way, the education system gets corrupted. That is why teacher-student intimacy isn't permissible.

Old 05-16-2014, 07:30 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,487,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
The problem with teacher-student intimacy, regardless of the gender mix, is one of power.

Teachers and their students are not equals. Teachers have power over students. Teachers could conceivably pressure students for sexual favors in exchange for good grades. Conversely, students could offer sexual favors to teachers in exchange for good grades. Either way, the education system gets corrupted. That is why teacher-student intimacy isn't permissible.
I say a differentiation should occur to identify the legality versus the ethical or morality.

Some big league sports teams and professional sports sponsors require the signing of a legal agreement prohibiting "immoral" behaviour and while Pee Wee Herman's transgression in the rear row of an adult film theater might not qualify for a full court press; perhaps a teacher's behaviour would then give the school leagal recourse that the parents would agree were punishment enough for little 17 yr old Johnny's being taken advantage of by sweet Sarah, the home room teacher.

I see no earthly reason why our school systems should not have the same requirement. I would submit that perhaps ANY teacher; be it "a Mrs Robinson" teaching grade 10 English or a university professor having an affair with a mature student should, at the very least, be held to some standard for the very reasons listed in your post.

Criminal charges should be totally dependant upon the age of the students as defined by statute laws and the facts garnered through initial investigation. If the kids are old enough to take a hit for their country they should certainly be old enough to have some controversial sexual activity with an older person teaching them the intricacies of biology up close and personal.

I remember a certain grade 2 Miss Lewis; who, had I been old enough to identify my urges and not gotten laughed at, I'd of grabbed the step stool in the corner and a couple of phone books and put some serious moves on her.

Old 05-16-2014, 07:36 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,735,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
My take is that unfortunately, it never happened to me.
Yup, Where were these teachers when I was in High School???

And if anyone thinks a 17 year old boy is somehow going to be traumatized for life because his hot teacher F--d him ; they are dellusional.

Old 05-16-2014, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
An adult in a position of authority should not have sex with any student in their classroom, be the student male or female. Once the student in question has turned 18 and graduated, it might be acceptable - just. A woman who has sex with her male student is just plain stupid. A boy that age usually can't wait to boast about his "conquest" to all his friends. Their "secret" will be known by everyone from the class nerd to the janitor. A teacher who takes such a risk, risks losing her job. There are plenty of fish in the sea for teachers, just as they are plenty of fish in the sea for teenagers. The smart ones school with their own kind.
ok, but the punishment should not be about the sex. The female teacher should not be a sex offender.
Should they be fired?- Yes,
Should they be imprisioned for a sex offense? I think that is over the top.

Old 05-16-2014, 07:38 AM

12,287 posts, read 9,820,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Who said the word rape ? We are talking about sex between two parties who have consented to it, not where one person forced themselves on the other against their will. If you break it down, how is a young man harmed if he has sex with another person, regardless of their age ? Most of us learned our first lessons in the back seat of a car when we were about 16, so if the other person just happens to be a little older, and maybe a teacher, how has that a problem ?

The only issue possibly is that we hold teachers to a high standard when it comes to this type of conduct and society frowns on it.

Don
Sex with a minor is statutory rape, does not matter if they consent or not.

It amazes me the complete and obvious double standard. People act like girls will be destroyed if they have consensual sex with a teacher but boys will be super happy and no harm will be done.

Old 05-16-2014, 07:40 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,462,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
There is a double standard here. Where a young girl might be affected for life, if most 15-18 year old guys had a chance to bang their teacher they would be doing high fives with all their buddies over it. A lot of us guys had a Mrs. Robinson in our youth and I don't know anyone who was screwed up by it, in fact, we learned quite a bit and had many fond memories from it.

When I see these guys on TV who were seduced by their teacher and their parents are screaming for justice I have to say PULEEZE !!!!!!!!!

Don
How is it that a young girl would be scarred for life while a young boy would not? What makes it okay for a female teacher to abuse an immature adolescent boy's infatuation and developing sex drive whereas if a man did the same to a similarly situated teenage girl it becomes a traumatic experience? I can see making an argument - I don't agree with it, but I can understand it - that once a person is 15 or 16 they have sex with each other all the time so it's not a big deal if they have sex with a teacher. But what I can't see is how you can possibly argue that it's OK for one gender and not the other, that the girl is traumatized by the exact same experience that the boy is lucky to have had. That makes zero sense.

Old 05-16-2014, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Sex with a minor is statutory rape, does not matter if they consent or not.
well then obviously the law needs to be reviewed and revised.

Again, a concenting 17 year old boy getting humped by his hot teacher is not rape.

The 17 year old boy will have no scars for life. Will it be an akward socia issue for him to deal with at school among his peers? maybe. Should the teacher be fired? probably.

As a side note - are Teachers truly in a position of authority? They are not the students' bosses they are educators. Educator does not imply authority.

Old 05-16-2014, 07:43 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
But we all heard of kids it happened to and then they were heroes. Never happened to me either.
I sure would've liked to have been a "hero." I've got more than a few teachers in mind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
That' my take on it. LOL
Morally speaking however, I think it should never happen. Sort of like the boss should never be tagging junior employees.
Yeah...but who cares about morals at 16? I didn't Lol...
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
From this thread, I'm getting the feeling that men view this situation completely different from women.
Uhhh...Yeah.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBen View Post
Yup, Where were these teachers when I was in High School???

And if anyone thinks a 17 year old boy is somehow going to be traumatized for life because his hot teacher F--d him ; they are dellusional.
Personally, I'm traumatized for MISSING OUT on the experience!

Old 05-16-2014, 07:44 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,650,100 times
I think the punishment should be worse...

the real question is why are so many women doing this these days? I know it's always happened but it seems like the number of women doing this has grown over the last few years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies