Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2014, 07:48 AM

1,198 posts, read 1,180,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
I'm doubting most of them are churchgoers, actually.

Most of those nut jobs are covered with religious tattoos. They use religion to justify the things they do just like most religious people.

But OP's point is that this is acceptable law in many places. Your examples are of those breaking the law.
It's not legal to kill someone based on their faith in any part of the world, it's just something that happens more often in less civilized countries................sorta like drug lords running the country because people are afraid to say anything about it, or they don't care.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2014, 07:54 AM

22,632 posts, read 14,945,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Liberals view Muslims as the enemy of their enemy and think that makes them their friends. As long as the Muslims are killing Christians, no matter how savagely, liberals view them as allies.
False.

I am a liberal and you do not speak for me. I am outraged when Muslims commit atrocities just like I am outraged when any other group commits atrocities. You don't think, as a Buddhist, I wasn't appalled when the Islamic Taliban desecrated and destroyed our holy images of the Lord Buddha at Bamiyan in Afghanistan? You don't think I am anxious and in despair over the fate of that poor Christian woman in Sudan who is sentenced to die for her faith? Haven't I steadfastly supported Israel in it's struggle to survive while being surrounded by hostile Muslim neighboring countries? What about rights of LGBT people in oppressive Islamic lands?

You are painting a highly biased and nonsensical picture of what we believe.

Old 05-21-2014, 07:57 AM

7,846 posts, read 6,406,698 times
Quote:
Great, point out modern day examples. Especially in the last several cases of terrorist acts right here at home.

Deflection!

And don't use the excuse of Obama droning terrorist strongholds.
You don't want to get into a serious discussion about the atrocities of Christianity. Christianity has more blood on its hands than any religion in the history of mankind.

"Modern day examples" is a facade. Western society has evolved to a point where we have laws governing against such acts. That has nothing to do with Christianity (more about secularization, actually) and everything to do with the economic conditions of the West.

Fact: violence and political instability are preceeded by extreme inequality. Religion in general is often used to justify such inequality. "God, gold, and glory."

Old 05-21-2014, 08:03 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,054,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
You don't want to get into a serious discussion about the atrocities of Christianity. Christianity has more blood on its hands than any religion in the history of mankind.

"Modern day examples" is a facade. Western society has evolved to a point where we have laws governing against such acts. That has nothing to do with Christianity (more about secularization, actually) and everything to do with the economic conditions of the West.

Fact: violence and political instability are preceeded by extreme inequality. Religion in general is often used to justify such inequality. "God, gold, and glory."
The first part is outright false.

The rest is your opinion.

Old 05-21-2014, 08:08 AM

741 posts, read 764,404 times
Quote:
Liberals Keep Saying Muslims Are A Peaceful People

Here we go with this "liberals" b.s. I'm recalling that it's the Republicans who've historically cuddled-up to Muslims. What do we call them, those GOPers? "Anti-American's". The "Liberals", whomever they might be, would probably endorse such a tag.

Old 05-21-2014, 08:09 AM

Quote:
The first part is outright false.

The rest is your opinion.
No, it's not. You clearly do not read history.

Old 05-21-2014, 08:18 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,054,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
No, it's not. You clearly do not read history.
Approximately 17,000,000.

Compare that to the deaths from everything else.

You clearly are deflecting from the OP and don't read history as well as you think you do.

Old 05-21-2014, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Approximately 17,000,000.

Compare that to the deaths from everything else.

You clearly are deflecting from the OP and don't read history as well as you think you do.
I am not deflecting from the OP.

I already made my case;

Muslims aren't any more "peaceful" or "violent" than Christians. Religious conflicts are two people thinking their made up diety is "more right" than the other.

Old 05-21-2014, 08:23 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
How do you figure, and how does anything in this thread have to do with guns...when one is a law and the other......is, well why don't you tell us what the other is....
Huh? My post had nothing to do with guns.

Old 05-21-2014, 08:24 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
Quote:
Is that the same as confusing all Repubs as extremists and all, say, Fox News reports as right-wing propaganda?
Fox News is a right wing news source.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies