Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2014, 10:15 AM

7,474 posts, read 7,042,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
You obviously do not know what the TEA Party movement stands for.

The movement does not oppose ALL taxes, just the wasteful way Washington plays crony capitalist, and uses the US Treasury like their own private bank.

Back in 2008, the people were pissed when they saw our government hand over over a trillion dollars to bail out the "to big to fail" banks and corporations. Then a few months later we handed out another trillion dollars in that god awful, wasteful, stimulus.

So after seeing the way our government is using our taxes, and then borrowing trillions more, which we will need to pay back in even more taxes down the road, the people said enough already, stop the wasteful spending. Then came the push for 0bamaCare, which was going to mean trillions more in new taxes and expenditures. At some point, the people will reach the breaking point, and this movement rose up to say we have reached it.
That is what the Tea Party USED to stand for, but not any longer. They were bought up by corporate interests within a year, and based upon the behavior of their elected representatives, they now represent:

1) Opposition to all taxes and all forms of representative government. The usual nonsense - don't pass any laws, don't address any problems, reduce taxes - at least for the rich - to nothing, sell off the parks, let the roads fail, etc.

2) Bigotry: A book could be written on this, but it applies across the board. The number of Tea Party elected officials and supporters who have expressed hatred of: women, gays, non-whites, and other minorities is legion.

3) Class Warfare - kill the poor and feed the rich: If you're poor, you're "lazy, stupid, and unskilled" and don't deserve any social safety nets. The modern Tea Party spends its time obsessing over ways to cut food stamps and get rid of the ACA while heaping more tax breaks and money upon the rich and powerful.

4) Unchecked Corporate Rule: Remember how the Tea Party was opposed to the Bail-outs in 2008? Does anyone with a straight face think that the modern Tea Party - the one of "corporations are people, too" and Citizen's United - would be opposed to those Bail-outs? Of course not! The Tea Party was infiltrated and bought up by big business (and big religion) and turned into nothing but a corporate lobbying group that supports unchecked corporate power in our nation. The hangers-on who still feel that the Tea Party expects "accountability" are just useful dupes in the process - the modern Tea Party is all about letting those in power keep doing whatever they want. That's why they want to get rid of the government since that way the citizens won't have any say anymore once their ability to vote no longer counts for anything.

5) Ignorance: The sun going around the Earth, the Earth being 5,000 years old, women's bodies "shutting down" rape pregnancies - the list goes on and on. While the Tea Party is not unique in ignorance, they are unique in the sheer amount of mind-blowing idiocy that they tolerate and even encourage. It's one thing to marginalize the loons in one's party, but it is quite another to hail them are "real 'mericans" and "people of God," and so forth.

No matter what the Tea Party claims to represent based on their websites and lies, the truth can be easily seen based upon their actions. They are a dangerous, ignorant, hate-filled radical political group that should not be trusted, and the Tea Party of 2008 bears no resemblance to the modern Tea Party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2014, 10:24 AM

1,070 posts, read 740,730 times
I can't answer the question "Liberals why do you hate Tea Party so much?" because I don't hate the Tea Party even though I am a liberal. You deliberately posted a loaded question as in a typical trolling effort you were looking for a knee jerk reaction from posters. Well, you failed. Go back to watching Faux News

Or maybe try to answer this: "Conservatives, why do you molest small children so much?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
again you can't answer the question because you can't post facts so you do what LWNJ's do best, you label people.
I saw a meme on face-book once that accused the tea party of supporting Vladimir Putin and when I asked the poster to show me facts, they couldn't.

Old 06-01-2014, 10:26 AM

5,735 posts, read 3,260,008 times
Why don't you go ask your liberals friends why they hate the tea party so much?
You people accuse the left of "hating" all the time because we do not agree with you but its a double standard because
you people show more animosity towards those whom you do not agree with to the point of making **** up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapaport View Post
I can't answer the question "Liberals why do you hate Tea Party so much?" Because I don't hate the tea Party even though I am a liberal.

Why don't you answer this question: "Conservatives, why do you molest small children so much?"
Where is your answer?

cite?

Old 06-01-2014, 10:38 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,677,798 times
Quote:
Too dumb or your too much of coward to accept the truth that liberals have a hatred for the tea party that is unfounded.
Again...I have asked liberals to provide actual FACTS...something liberals seem to despise or twist to their liking.

funny because this is what liberals assume with low information voters and people to naive to know the truth that keep voting over and over for the same losers who do nothing for the country...namely other liberals.
proof? look that the last 6 years.
Somewhere in your life's upbringing, you missed a very important lesson. That being, that if you ask a question, you must be willing to accept the answer. You don't have to agree with the answer but you must accept it.
You asked liberals specifically. you didn't ask libertarians or anarchists or conservatives or even moderates. You asked liberals. Did you think we were going to come out with a veritable love fest for the tea party? Did you think our perspective and reasons were going to jibe with your perspective and reasons?

All you did was set us up into giving you our answer, set us up as targets and then took out your soapbox and proceeded to lambaste every answer you were given in the foulest way, attacking the person and the perspective. And You are representing the tea party with your completely juvenile way you've responded in this whole thread. You accuse us of hate. you should read your own posts sometimes.

And you actually wonder why we have so much disdain for the tea party and those who claim to speak for it.
Unknowingly, you have just reinforced every negative opinion every liberal had about you and the tea party you represent.

Old 06-01-2014, 10:47 AM

Quote:
You people accuse the left of "hating" all the time because we do not agree with you but its a double standard because
you people show more animosity towards those whom you do not agree with to the point of making **** up.
Nobody really hates the Tea Party any more that we hate developmentally challenged children. Why waste energy and hate? Lol

Quote:

cite?
Cite what? Lol What did you cite to support the thesis that liberals hate the Tea Party other than your ignorant opinion?

Just answer the question: "Conservatives, why do you molest small children so much?"

Old 06-01-2014, 11:04 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,569,071 times
Quote:

cite?
Interesting you asked for a cite. Where is your cite asserting all liberals hate all tea party members?

I see you are unable to provide THAT.

This thread is a joke.

Old 06-01-2014, 11:15 AM

3,261 posts, read 3,709,398 times
I thought the mainstream GOP detested the Tea Party and the Democrats loved it? The Tea Party is the greatest gift the Democrats have received in years.

Old 06-01-2014, 11:17 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,618,823 times
Well, I think you'd get a better picture if you asked Conservatives why they dislike the "Tea Party"
I'll answer, mainly because they embarrass the republican party. They are far to religious, and base most of their decisions on minority hear say. They don't represent the majority of the republican party, and they make it hard for republicans to elect a president. They're embarrassing and dangerous.

They are the equivalent to the hippies of the democratic party. Poison to politics and have zero manners in the white house and lack a fundamental political background.

Of course, you asked for my opinion, so here it is. I'm sure others will have a good time attacking it but it's personally how I feel about the "tea party"

I long for the Goldwater days myself.

Old 06-01-2014, 11:19 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,618,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albion View Post
I thought the mainstream GOP detested the Tea Party and the Democrats loved it? The Tea Party is the greatest gift the Democrats have received in years.
I must say I agree. I wish they would detach themselves from the republican party and accept their independence. Instead I've had to become independent of them.

Old 06-01-2014, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albion View Post

That's true Albion. Nothing ever made the Republicans look dumber than Tea Party, maybe except for 8 years of GW Bush presidency lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies