Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2014, 12:35 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,482,078 times

Advertisements

I don't care one bit about those "gifted" or "intelligent" people who have it all and kill themselves....yes, that's right he killed himself!

Old 05-25-2014, 02:24 PM

1,971 posts, read 3,043,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
But this is TV - not real life. No one takes it as a representation of real life. Guys like Tupac influence real life people who don't have men in their lives showing them how to contribute to society in a positive way. Tupac was a role model to many black youths. Cars, clothes, admiration, money and women - he had everything these kids want in life...and getting into the thug life could get them there.
I dunno. There are a lot of wannabe Jesse Pinkmans in the Pac NW, Denver, Arizona, Inland Empire, etc. Pretty much every white 20 something guy in Spokane is like that. Young white trash dudes are living in a much more delusional fantasy land than Tupac fans. They actually try to act like characters on TV shows, and sometimes even think they are "black." Tupac may have been acting the role of a "thug prince", but what he was rapping about was real.

Old 05-25-2014, 02:42 PM

103 posts, read 134,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninties View Post
You could say the same about Scarface, but that's different too, right? And wonder what kind of musicians "influenced" the black youth in the 70s when the crime rate was higher?

True story: a Jesuit priest asked my dad to spell a word.
Dad: "Uh...uh...R-U-B-B-E-R-F-A-N-S."
Priest: "...rubberfans?"
Dad: "And funkateers."

Quote:
Originally Posted by KodeBlue View Post
2pac was a very conflicted individual. One song could be about blacks empowering themselves, the next could be about "thug life." The real person was probably somewhere in the middle.
Oh, come on. Conflicting points of view are for white people! (Literally.)

Quote:
The blacks defending his music are being a big too emotional, and irrational
When all else fails, dismiss under "too emotional".

Old 05-25-2014, 03:07 PM

103 posts, read 134,948 times
Bruce Hornsby on 2Pac. I knew of the original song when "Changes" dropped, but this is the first time in forever that I'm actually listening to the lyrics of the original. Pac did a great job capturing the spirit of Bruce's song when he did his version.

Old 05-26-2014, 08:09 AM

491 posts, read 753,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
It's not necessarily the remarks that are racist, though they're coded thoroughly. It's the posting histories of those who callously dismiss Tupac's death that indicate that the posters are unabashedly racist.
so a more equal and less racist society would be to treat black people differently than white? ahhh what a paradox there

Old 05-26-2014, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
It's not necessarily the remarks that are racist, though they're coded thoroughly. It's the posting histories of those who callously dismiss Tupac's death that indicate that the posters are unabashedly racist.
And if Caput was white I'd have said the same things....you can't seem to separate the difference between race and lifestyle choices!

Old 05-26-2014, 01:14 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,928,953 times
Very sad to see him die, but I also think people see him as way more than he really was because he died. He was just another rapper, he wasn't some sort of entity or poet. Most of his raps are not high intelligence, just people trying to put more meaning in places than really exists.

Old 05-27-2014, 02:37 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,361,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodeBlue View Post
2pac was a very conflicted individual. One song could be about blacks empowering themselves, the next could be about "thug life." The real person was probably somewhere in the middle.
He was extremely intelligent and extremely stupid and the same time. The blacks defending his music are being a big too emotional, and irrational; the whites who think that he was just a thug are basing their opinions on what little they know about the man, because, you know, an intelligent person would have ALL of the facts before making an informed opinion... remember: controversy sells. Both sides would probably come to the same conclusion about 2pac, honestly.
I get it. Kinda like the white folks got 'too emotional' when Elvis died.
Elvis was also extremely intelligent and extremely stupid at the same time, too, and he had his white-boy thug side. His cortege called themselves The Mafia.

Old 05-28-2014, 12:52 PM

501 posts, read 1,064,568 times
Good. Riddance.

Old 05-28-2014, 05:03 PM

Elvis, Cobain, Caput....they all killed themselves....who cares?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies