Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2014, 08:43 AM

1,138 posts, read 1,042,878 times

Advertisements

I'll rephrase the question, if we somehow found a gay gene and it could be spotted in childbirth, and people wanted to kill the baby via abortion because of it having the gay gene, would you support it? (I am asking for self described liberals/Progressives to answer).

How can liberals claim to believe in gay rights when they would support denying them of their God given Right to Life through the selective murder of gay people in the womb? Pro Life conservatives like myself are actually more supportive of gay rights than liberals as we actually believe they have a right to life like everyone else.

For the record, I am proudly pro life and while I do disagree with the gay lifestyle and do not believe in a gay gene, I would never support the brutal killing of anyone, in the womb or otherwise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2014, 08:48 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times
Selective abortion isn't new. People are doing that now for various reasons so adding one more reason doesn't change a thing.

If you support abortion and the woman's right to choose then it has to be all or none.

Old 05-31-2014, 08:49 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,359,408 times
I would not get a vote......abortion is between a women and her doctor.

Old 05-31-2014, 08:51 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,204,331 times
I support a woman's right to choose regardless what the reasoning is. I personally would not want my wife aborting our baby because it has a gay gene (which we still need to find the straight gene.) Having a child that is gay would not change my love for my own child.

Old 05-31-2014, 09:00 AM

1,138 posts, read 1,042,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I support a woman's right to choose regardless what the reasoning is. I personally would not want my wife aborting our baby because it has a gay gene (which we still need to find the straight gene.) Having a child that is gay would not change my love for my own child.
Then you can't claim to believe in gay rights as you would be supporting the removal of their right to life and their murder via abortion.

Old 05-31-2014, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Coast Republican View Post
Then you can't claim to believe in gay rights as you would be supporting the removal of their right to life and their murder via abortion.
An abortion isn't murder. You are trying to confuse a woman's right to choose with the rights of living human beings.

Old 05-31-2014, 09:03 AM

4,130 posts, read 4,463,584 times
Medical decisions are between the patient and their doctor. The rest of America doesn't get a vote every time a decision is made in their lives...or yours.

I would find it horrifying personally if a baby was aborted because of an undesirable characteristic of such little consequence. Anything from homosexuality, to being left handed, having red hair, or having brown eyes.

Old 05-31-2014, 09:03 AM

1,634 posts, read 1,210,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
You don't need to find a straight gene. Heterosexual sex rests on the fact that procreation is necessary for survival. "sexuality" is nothing but a concept and sexual orientation is just double speak for preference.

Old 05-31-2014, 09:04 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,914,290 times
Uh; the "Gay" gene thing can be sticky since not all kids with that actually are Gay. Some are straight so using abortion just for that gene DOES make me mad even tho I'm pro choice

Old 05-31-2014, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChestRockwell View Post
You don't need to find a straight gene. Heterosexual sex rests on the fact that procreation is necessary for survival. "sexuality" is nothing but a concept and sexual orientation is just double speak for preference.
No, me being attracted to redheads is preference, me being straight is sexual orientation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies