Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2014, 10:47 PM

2,672 posts, read 2,719,269 times

Advertisements

One of the Godfathers of the Tea Party now seems to be unsure if Obamacare should be completely repealed. Paul from Kentucky is now joining Mitch McConnell suggesting that the ACA can be repealed but the local exchanges can survive. I thought if you were a Tea Partier you hated everything about Obamacare. Now a Tea Partier is saying he can live with some form of Obamacare. What gives? I thought if you were a true Tea Partier you wouldnt give a rip about cancelling and getting rid of 413,000 Kentuckians insurance and tossing them aside. Your not a Tea Partier if you are a compassionate conservative.

Rand Paul Suddenly Unsure If Obamacare Should Be Completely Repealed | ThinkProgress

Rand Paul:'Not Sure' About Closing Kentucky Healthcare Exchange

Old 05-31-2014, 10:59 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,946,153 times
This is just rich. Maybe Rand Paul is finally seeing the light after all? The ACA is here to stay, GOP opposition to it will be their Waterloo. When you have, quite possibly, the biggest opponent and THE tea party torch bearer (he is, after all, the de facto leader of the tea party movement and the "Constitutional Conservatives") changing his mind, that is not good news for the GOP. Like the government shutdown, it looked good in the beginning, but now they are scared it will backfire on them

Old 06-01-2014, 12:10 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,466,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
One of the Godfathers of the Tea Party now seems to be unsure if Obamacare should be completely repealed. Paul from Kentucky is now joining Mitch McConnell suggesting that the ACA can be repealed but the local exchanges can survive.
Key word: local.
Quote:
I thought if you were a Tea Partier you hated everything about Obamacare.
You thought wrong.
Quote:
Now a Tea Partier is saying he can live with some form of Obamacare. What gives?
What gives is that local exchanges would not be controlled by the federal government. Thus, they would not violate the 10th amendment.
Quote:
I thought if you were a true Tea Partier you wouldnt give a rip about cancelling and getting rid of 413,000 Kentuckians insurance and tossing them aside. Your not a Tea Partier if you are a compassionate conservative.
Again, you thought wrong. That's what happens when you take the partisan "we are good, the other side is evil" approach and accept propaganda as fact. Most conservatives have wanted to reform health insurance all along. It just makes for better political hype for Democrats to trumpet nonsense and lies about how conservatives are selfish evil people who don't care if sick people die in the streets rather than have a rational debate where competing ideas about how to institute reforms are discussed. With the liberals it was always either support Obamacare or leave children with downs syndrome to fend for themselves, in Obama's words. Sorry that we conservatives aren't interested in playing the role of the villain that you have cast us into. Just because we don't like your solution to a problem does not mean we aren't interested in solving the problem.

Old 06-01-2014, 05:08 AM

1,309 posts, read 1,160,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Key word: local.

You thought wrong.

What gives is that local exchanges would not be controlled by the federal government. Thus, they would not violate the 10th amendment.

Again, you thought wrong. That's what happens when you take the partisan "we are good, the other side is evil" approach and accept propaganda as fact. Most conservatives have wanted to reform health insurance all along. It just makes for better political hype for Democrats to trumpet nonsense and lies about how conservatives are selfish evil people who don't care if sick people die in the streets rather than have a rational debate where competing ideas about how to institute reforms are discussed. With the liberals it was always either support Obamacare or leave children with downs syndrome to fend for themselves, in Obama's words. Sorry that we conservatives aren't interested in playing the role of the villain that you have cast us into. Just because we don't like your solution to a problem does not mean we aren't interested in solving the problem.
Kentucky would have no way to afford its exchange without federal funding so your point is moot. I think you'll have to just get used to the Republicans turning their back on the Tea Party, they realized you can't win primaries anymore so why bother with the charade lol

Old 06-01-2014, 05:46 AM

3,599 posts, read 6,785,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolZombie View Post
Kentucky would have no way to afford its exchange without federal funding so your point is moot. I think you'll have to just get used to the Republicans turning their back on the Tea Party, they realized you can't win primaries anymore so why bother with the charade lol
You just answered the question why many states refused to expand medicaid.

What happens if the Feds eventually stop funding the 100%, 90%? Of Medicaid expansion and make states revert back to the regular 55/45% fed/state split?

This is all smoke and mirrors to get states hooked on crack. And it's just not the exchange websites. It's the entire ACA in general for the states. Remember Kentucky has 80% of newly insured in Medicaid. So you essentially admit that poorer states can't afford the ACA especially the Medicaid expansion without 100% federal matching.

Tell me when the Feds stop the funding how are the poorer states going to handle it?

Old 06-01-2014, 05:46 AM

59,113 posts, read 27,340,319 times
Quote:
One of the Godfathers of the Tea Party now seems to be unsure if Obamacare should be completely repealed. Paul from Kentucky is now joining Mitch McConnell suggesting that the ACA can be repealed but the local exchanges can survive. I thought if you were a Tea Partier you hated everything about Obamacare. Now a Tea Partier is saying he can live with some form of Obamacare. What gives? I thought if you were a true Tea Partier you wouldnt give a rip about cancelling and getting rid of 413,000 Kentuckians insurance and tossing them aside. Your not a Tea Partier if you are a compassionate conservative.

Rand Paul Suddenly Unsure If Obamacare Should Be Completely Repealed | ThinkProgress

" I thought if you were a Tea Partier you hated"

As usual you are wrong. Most Tea party followers do NOT HATE.

It is the left who accuses anyone with a different opinion as haters.

I know, it is beyond your comprehension to understand that people can have a different opinion then yours and don't HATE, the just disagree.

Why do YOU hate so much?

Old 06-01-2014, 07:01 AM

1,309 posts, read 1,160,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
" I thought if you were a Tea Partier you hated"

As usual you are wrong. Most Tea party followers do NOT HATE.

It is the left who accuses anyone with a different opinion as haters.

I know, it is beyond your comprehension to understand that people can have a different opinion then yours and don't HATE, the just disagree.

Why do YOU hate so much?
The Tea Party demanding gay marriage be banned, defending George Zimmerman's cold blooded murder and demanding mosques not be built near Ground Zero have nothing to do with fiscal conservatism and are just about stone cold bigotry. Actual libertarians who support small government despise the Tea Party for injecting their religious right pet issues into the agenda.

Old 06-01-2014, 07:05 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,176,681 times
It does not need to be repealed. Just defund it and it will go away. Remember the border fence that was signed in to law a few years ago? Has it been built yet? Laws can be ignored according to this president so Obamacare should be given the same treatment.

Old 06-01-2014, 07:16 AM

45,235 posts, read 26,464,208 times
More proof that Rand doesn't have much in common with Ron and is just another big government republican.

Old 06-01-2014, 07:16 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,863,405 times
Quote:

What, you mean "whichever way the wind blows Rand" is vacillating? I am shocked, I tell ya!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies