Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2014, 10:39 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times

Advertisements

Be careful out there.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/04/op...llow-dude.html

The caramel-chocolate flavored candy bar looked so innocent, like the Sky Bars I used to love as a child.

What could go wrong with a bite or two?

Everything, as it turned out.

Not at first. For an hour, I felt nothing. I figured I’d order dinner from room service and return to my more mundane drugs of choice, chardonnay and mediocre-movies-on-demand.
But then I felt a scary shudder go through my body and brain. I barely made it from the desk to the bed, where I lay curled up in a hallucinatory state for the next eight hours. I was thirsty but couldn’t move to get water. Or even turn off the lights. I was panting and paranoid, sure that when the room-service waiter knocked and I didn’t answer, he’d call the police and have me arrested for being unable to handle my candy.

I strained to remember where I was or even what I was wearing, touching my green corduroy jeans and staring at the exposed-brick wall. As my paranoia deepened, I became convinced that I had died and no one was telling me.

It took all night before it began to wear off, distressingly slowly.

In March, a 19-year-old Wyoming college student jumped off a Denver hotel balcony after eating a pot cookie with 65 milligrams of THC. In April, a Denver man ate pot-infused Karma Kandy and began talking like it was the end of the world, scaring his wife and three kids. Then he retrieved a handgun from a safe and killed his wife while she was on the phone with an emergency dispatcher.

Read more in link.

Old 06-04-2014, 10:46 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,011,664 times
Wow. Just, Wow.

It recalls me when a friend of mine, back in the mid 1970s, made himself a batch of marijuana brownies. He then proceeded to eat and eat, claiming that he did not feel anything. We all were going out to a concert (I drove). By the time the concert began my friend could no longer function, and was virtually in a coma. I had to leave early to take him home, literally carrying him inside (to the alarm of his parents). I believe I told them he had eaten some 'bad brownies' or such, but I think they suspected acute drunkeness. I could not believe a person could be so incapacitated from eating marijuana-based foods. My friend never ate such things again, and I learned not to (although I never really liked the 'high' produced by marijuana).

Anyway, thanks for the link.

Old 06-04-2014, 10:52 AM

3,063 posts, read 3,273,295 times
Lmao. Sounds like the reporter tweaked. It happens when you eat it(for some reason it's very potent and lasts much longer) . I had a similar experience when I was 23 and and ate brownies, I became increasingly paranoid and anxious and saw hallucinations and other crazy stuff. At the height of it I remember the lack of control that I felt over my mind that made it scary. It lasted just about 18 hours. I haven't touched pot ever again. Lol.

Old 06-04-2014, 10:56 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,750,169 times
The reporter was an idiot. She says that she was not a regular marijuana smoker yet she decided to drink chardonnay on top of eating a marijuana infused candy bar. Then she was shocked at how intoxicated she became. Moron.

Old 06-04-2014, 11:25 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,327,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Be careful out there.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/04/op...llow-dude.html

The caramel-chocolate flavored candy bar looked so innocent, like the Sky Bars I used to love as a child.

What could go wrong with a bite or two?

Everything, as it turned out.

Not at first. For an hour, I felt nothing. I figured I’d order dinner from room service and return to my more mundane drugs of choice, chardonnay and mediocre-movies-on-demand.
But then I felt a scary shudder go through my body and brain. I barely made it from the desk to the bed, where I lay curled up in a hallucinatory state for the next eight hours. I was thirsty but couldn’t move to get water. Or even turn off the lights. I was panting and paranoid, sure that when the room-service waiter knocked and I didn’t answer, he’d call the police and have me arrested for being unable to handle my candy.

I strained to remember where I was or even what I was wearing, touching my green corduroy jeans and staring at the exposed-brick wall. As my paranoia deepened, I became convinced that I had died and no one was telling me.

It took all night before it began to wear off, distressingly slowly.

In March, a 19-year-old Wyoming college student jumped off a Denver hotel balcony after eating a pot cookie with 65 milligrams of THC. In April, a Denver man ate pot-infused Karma Kandy and began talking like it was the end of the world, scaring his wife and three kids. Then he retrieved a handgun from a safe and killed his wife while she was on the phone with an emergency dispatcher.

Read more in link.
Wow! Just Wow!!

Who wears green corduroy jeans?

Old 06-04-2014, 11:36 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,799,372 times
People that cannot do dope should stay away from it. I hope she learned something.

FWIW - That sounds like a really cheap high.

Old 06-04-2014, 11:38 AM

4,130 posts, read 4,461,778 times
From the sounds of the article she has zero experience with edibles and took a pretty significant does all at once.

Big bars can take 10 doses, it's like having a 12 pack of beer. Granted they are not usually labelled well (there's a lot of debates about that)...but it's like drinking a six pack all at once without taking a drink in your life. Then when you get sick blame the beer for being legal.

I went to a friends 21st where she had two strong drinks (Irish car bomb and something else) at Old Chicago's. She was a good person and didn't drink till then. 2 hours later she vomited explosively and was sick the entire next day. Did she make complaints about alcohol being legal? Nope...she was not used to the substance and over did it.

The kid is a pretty similar issue. The full dose is 100 milligrams available for sale, so he ate well over half (further the analogy - 8 beers) without every doing so before. People drink and do stupid crap...do we blame beer?

The second was a man on also on narcotic painkillers that are somehow ignored. He also ate the candy right before he shot her. As the author above explains...it can take quite awhile to work!

Don't be an idiot with any substance.

Old 06-04-2014, 11:41 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,572,254 times
reminds me of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrZLc9lqQM0

she needs to try again with a smaller dose before writing the whole thing off.

Old 06-04-2014, 11:46 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
The reporter was an idiot. She says that she was not a regular marijuana smoker yet she decided to drink chardonnay on top of eating a marijuana infused candy bar. Then she was shocked at how intoxicated she became. Moron.
She didn't drink vine, but she thought about it when nothing happened initially with the pot.

Old 06-04-2014, 11:47 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,754,224 times
The first time I ever ate a brownie, I was just astounded. But by that time in my life, I was well aware that I am a "cheap drunk" - it doesn't take much of anything, including allergy meds, to have a dizzying effect on me - so I paced myself accordingly.

BTW, I echo the reaction to green corduroy jeans. Where on earth would you even get them???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies