Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2014, 05:45 PM

31,292 posts, read 20,753,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Unfortunately in this case, I think Obama is pretty smart. He knew the law he was signing was unconstitutional. There is no way he will be impeached for not giving Congress 30 days notice
and he, as Commander in Chief can release any detainee any time he chooses.
He also knows that Congress has no backbone and the more he gets away with, the more powerful he becomes. That's exactly what Hitler did.

BTW, for the record, he can be impeached for anything Congress chooses to impeach him for. As Gerald Ford said "An impeachable offense is whatever a majority of the House of Representatives considers it to be at a given moment in history."

Old 06-05-2014, 06:06 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,022,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
As Gerald Ford said "An impeachable offense is whatever a majority of the House of Representatives considers it to be at a given moment in history."
I didn't know that.

Old 06-05-2014, 06:14 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,452,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
He also knows that Congress has no backbone and the more he gets away with, the more powerful he becomes. That's exactly what Hitler did.

BTW, for the record, he can be impeached for anything Congress chooses to impeach him for. As Gerald Ford said "An impeachable offense is whatever a majority of the House of Representatives considers it to be at a given moment in history."

Quite the statement. But awwwwwwww very true. Congress does not know what a backbone is. They are spineless when it comes to Obama.

You just hit the nail on the head. The more he gets away with, the more media keeps their traps shut, the longer he goes, without questions. The more power he will possess. The weak, the naïve, the ignorant, supporters who question Obama not. Have made him what he is.

Old 06-05-2014, 06:18 PM

1,886 posts, read 2,227,406 times
Our GL is sewing all his seeds before he's out of office. This disgraceful act was the Coup D'Etat of all times..Shame on you Obama!! Yet you can't get a marine out of jail in Mexico, a loyal business partner of US...

Old 06-05-2014, 06:21 PM

4,130 posts, read 4,462,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
Unable to deny what should be obvious .. we get a ranting post about ranting, crazy conspirators!

The grandparents as well as the mother are/were known communists.

Val Jarret was born Iranian and the administration is packed with muslims.

nothing to see here .. move along!
Oh, so it's a 3 generational conspiracy now planned over a century from now. Was this plan passed telepathically or was it genetic memory?

You are right though. I am unable to deny what has zero proof, makes completely no sense, and the premise/conclusion don't even follow. Any more then I can deny someones claims about the eating habits of space dwarfs or that 2 + Zebra = McDonald's.

To be honest, I am extremely happy about not being able to deny that. It reassures me that my mental health is good. Someone claiming that blather is obvious and therefore needs no evidence or proof is a sign something is wrong.

I wish people who believe this the best in getting help...and I wish to thank them again for helping Liberals be the sane and intelligent option in politics compared to this.

Old 06-05-2014, 06:25 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,678,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
He's one of them. Does this really surprise anyone he's kissing their ass?

Obama was a plant from the beginning. Nobody even knew who he was before 2008.

Letting that idiot father disgrace America in Arabic on the steps of the White House. Obama understood every bit of that Muslim jargon he was babbling.

Impeach the idiot NOW before its too late.
100% correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
Was it a good trade? Maybe not.

But I'm glad it happened because at least now there is talk and negotiation between America and these Arabs who want to kill us.

In 40 years or less technology will allow educated regular people to make biological weapons at home. And I don't want an Arab coming to America and releasing a biological weapon that kills 50 million American people.

Perhaps your correct and these actions will cause a few people to get kidnapped, but that's better than another Sept 11 or a biological weapons attack on America.

At some point we must talk to and negotiate with these Arabs, and I'm glad Obama took the first step in communicating with these people.

Chad.
WOW.

I'm speechless.

Old 06-05-2014, 06:25 PM

89,060 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
The guy walked off base by accounts. He wasn't kidnapped.
Exactly.
Quote:
Former Army Sgt. Evan Buetow was the team leader with Bowe Bergdahl the night Bergdahl disappeared.

"Bergdahl is a deserter, and he's not a hero," says Buetow. "He needs to answer for what he did."

Within days of his disappearance, says Buetow, teams monitoring radio chatter and cell phone communications intercepted an alarming message: The American is in Yahya Khel (a village two miles away). He's looking for someone who speaks English so he can talk to the Taliban.

"I heard it straight from the interpreter's lips as he heard it over the radio," said Buetow. "There's a lot more to this story than a soldier walking away."
Bergdahl's team leader: Intercepted radio chatter said he sought talks with the Taliban – The Lead with Jake Tapper - CNN.com Blogs

Reported by CNN, not FOX.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies