Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2014, 11:36 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 25 days ago)

29,561 posts, read 16,552,753 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CravingMountains View Post
LFPR didn't just decline under Obama. It went into a free falling collapse. It only slightly fell during Bush's years.

If Obama didn't have boomers retiring and young people giving up on finding a job our unemployment rate would still be who knows how high.
Labor Force participation at the Height of the Bush Administration was 67.3 (March 2001), When he left office, it was 65.7.

1.6% of the labor force left during the Bush administration, and you are not so naive as to believe a presidents influence stops the day he leaves office, Between Jan and December Labor force participation dropped an entire percentage to 64.6.

You claim to be a a Demcorat( or atleast a Liberal), yet you are blaming President Obama for the effects of a recession that started a year before he took office and peaked during his first year in office.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2014, 11:38 AM

1,730 posts, read 1,362,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
First time we've added over 200,000 jobs four months in a row since 1999.

Payrolls in U.S. Rose 217,000 in May, Unemployment 6.3% - Bloomberg
How many of those 40 hour a week jobs, with bennies?
Guessing about 1%.
Thanks Ovomit!

5,365 posts, read 6,340,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Labor Force participation at the Height of the Bush Administration was 67.3 (March 2001), When he left office, it was 65.7.

1.6% of the labor force left during the Bush administration, and you are not so naive as to believe a presidents influence stops the day he leaves office, Between Jan and December Labor force participation dropped an entire percentage to 64.6.

You claim to be a a Demcorat( or atleast a Liberal), yet you are blaming President Obama for the effects of a recession that started a year before he took office and peaked during his first year in office.
I don't blame Obama for the recession. I do blame him for the worst recovery from a recession that this country has ever experienced. But I also blame obstructionist Tea Party Republicans for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
You didn't answer all you did was deflect like an obamabot.

Your blind faith has led you to believe the horrific policies Obama has chosen aren't a cause?
Why don't you know their is little difference between this administration and the last except the hand picked winners and losers? Talk about blind.
How did i deflect ?

We are discussing Labor force participation rate. You claimed it was President Obama's fault that it was dropping.

It has been dropping since April of 2000. Where is the deflection ?

Old 06-06-2014, 11:39 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,226,365 times
Quote:

When will the economy be obamas ? Is there some point someone liberal will ever take responsibility?

Old 06-06-2014, 11:42 AM

Quote:
And you know that now, do you? After I graduated college back in 2011 there were many months that I just gave up looking because throwing out 50 more resumes didn't seem like it would get me anywhere. I prone to believe there were and are currently millions of youngsters just like I was out there.

And are you seriously bragging about our fall in unemployment? This has been the slowest recovery in the history of this nation. And if it wasn't for boomers retiring, the U6 rate wouldn't have declined even half as much as it has.
I graduated College in fall of 2013. I had a job before I even received my diploma. But unlike you im not going to generalize my personal successes of failures to the entirety of my age group.

My information came from the Bureau of Labor which actually tracks school enrollment. I wasnt just throwing out a guess, like you were.

As for the Bold, No I wasnt bragging, I was refuting your distorted claim. Unemployment has been falling since 2010, not staying the same. You were wrong and instead of simply saying so, you are not deflecting and saying that im bragging.

Old 06-06-2014, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
When will the economy be obamas ? Is there some point someone liberal will ever take responsibility?
1. The economy is his responsibility, But are you telling me that you think his policies were all in place and effecting the economy on Jan 20,2009 ?

Did you think everything magically changed on that day to where any harm that had been done to our economy would just stop ????

2. Why are you deflecting from the fact that the person i responded to apparently thought that ?

Old 06-06-2014, 11:46 AM

5,365 posts, read 6,340,314 times
Quote:
I graduated College in fall of 2013. I had a job before I even received my diploma. But unlike you im not going to generalize my personal successes of failures to the entirety of my age group.

My information came from the Bureau of Labor which actually tracks school enrollment. I wasnt just throwing out a guess, like you were.

As for the Bold, No I wasnt bragging, I was refuting your distorted claim. Unemployment has been falling since 2010, not staying the same. You were wrong and instead of simply saying so, you are not deflecting and saying that im bragging.
You should provide proof of such claims then. There was no source to your statement.

And yeah, unemployment has been falling. At the slowest, most pathetic pace our country has ever seen. President Obama's name will be stamped on the worst streak of unemployment this country has experienced ever since unemployment data has been collected.

Old 06-06-2014, 11:48 AM

Quote:
I don't blame Obama for the recession. I do blame him for the worst recovery from a recession that this country has ever experienced. But I also blame obstructionist Tea Party Republicans for it.
This is a false equivalency as all recessions are not equal. This recession was worse than anyone in our history. So why wouldnt it be the worst/longest recovery ?

People seem to forget that the reason the recession never gets these distinctions is because it was made up of multiple recessions.

Old 06-06-2014, 11:50 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,847,443 times
Quote:
The real unemployment rate, 12.2% is sky high. Our unemployment rate today is higher than at any time period dating back to the early 80s. And here we are 7 years into this mess and still crawling out of the hole like a snail.

And people, young and old, are falling out of the workforce by the millions. Old people are retiring and young people are just giving up on trying to find a job.

Civilian labor force participation rates by age, sex, race, and ethnicity

http://portalseven.com/employment/unemployment_rate_u6.jsp
What is the trend line of the U6 unemployment. It shows an improving situation. It is now better than it was at the start of 2009 when it was rapidly increasing. Its fine if you what to focus on the U6 number, but you can't compare it against earlier U3 numbers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies