Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2014, 02:16 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,263,400 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
I haven't seen a single post that said as such.
I believe you.

Thousands wouldn't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2014, 02:17 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,455,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Ah, a vote for "They deserved to be murdered because the government made the killers do it."

Nice choice!
Isn't the government the excuse for why blacks are shooting up their neighborhoods? I think it is, it's called institutional racism and inequality right? Isn't that what we are constantly told?

Old 06-09-2014, 02:18 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,366,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
I vehemently disagree, and I'm tired of reading this nonsense on the political forums. This behavior is not typical of either conservatives or liberals. It is the behavior of unbalanced individuals, who feed off of ideological extremism -- us vs. them -- that your post demonstrates so well.
Thank you, it is refreshing to see one that has thinking skills instead of partisan tripe. There is bi partisan support that both parties suck a$$ and both have their fair share of crazies. This forum use to have signs of intelligent life form but has changed and what is left is mostly partisan ignorance. Everything that takes place has to be broken down into what party and it is nonsense. When it comes to political leanings Hillary"s " what difference does it make" comes to mind. I mean really there is 3 innocent people that were killed and 2 nut cases that are dead. But the dumb partisans will bicker which leaning caused the tragedy

Old 06-09-2014, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Oh, so nut job can only be preceded by right wing?

There are no LWNJ's.

Talk about hypocrisy...
I didn't say that, so stop putting words in my mouth. Thanks.

I was responding to a previous poster who excused these killers because they're crazy, and said that when other killers are allegedly lefties, they have no excuse such as being crazy.

Elliott Rodger was crazy, no matter what his parents did for a living, and no matter what political beliefs you desperately try to assign to him.

Old 06-09-2014, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Isn't the government the excuse for why blacks are shooting up their neighborhoods? I think it is, it's called institutional racism and inequality right? Isn't that what we are constantly told?
Another vote.

This excuse definitely makes it all OK, right?

I gotta tell ya, there are better RWNJ excuses on this thread than that one. It's pretty lame.

Old 06-09-2014, 02:24 PM

I need to update my list of excuses, just to keep things straight:

EXISTING:
  • What about all the people lefties murder every day in this country?
  • Eco Nazis.
  • Mother Jones is a rag.
  • Liberals are the ones encouraging gun nuts to arm up and kill people.
  • Harry Reid!!!!!
  • The government murdered native Americans, so these people deserve what they have coming.

NEW:
  • The Civil War!
  • Rightwing killers are crazy, killers who I say are lefties have no excuse (i.e., Elliott Rodger killed because his parents worked in Hollywood so he must be a leftie, not because he was loony tunes.)

Old 06-09-2014, 02:25 PM

11,142 posts, read 10,713,172 times
Quote:
Yep, another "It's different because they're nuts" vote!

Or should I call it "I only care about the killer's political views when I can at least spin that it's a Democrat"?
Actually it's a "I don't care about the killer's political views" post. Nor do I care about the political views of any of the other killers.

But, since apparently this is required to be a competition between political parties by the very same people (liberals) who have been saying that political party doesn't matter in these situations, let's play.

Out of the last dozen politicized public shootings, 11 of them have been carried out by known democrats or people with strong democratic ties (family, friends, organizations). When that has been brought up here on CD, liberals have bent over backwards to deny, obfuscate, and dismiss this as coincidence. Now that the 1 in a dozen killers has been shown to be right wing, liberals can't wait to bring it up in an attempt to make it appear that somehow conservatives are crazier than liberals. News flash: in the game of numbers, you're still losing. You have more crazies than the conservatives do, sorry about your luck.

Stuff your hypocrisy back in your closet. Much like guns and genitals, it shouldn't be waved around in public.

Old 06-09-2014, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Aren't you guilty of your own accusations here ?
Huh? That doesn't make sense.

If you're trying to say that Elliott Rodger killed those people because his parents worked in Hollywood so he must be a leftie -- and not because he was clearly, obviously and terribly mentally ill … well, I got nuthin. That's too bizarre to answer.

Old 06-09-2014, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Actually it's a "I don't care about the killer's political views" post. Nor do I care about the political views of any of the other killers.

But, since apparently this is required to be a competition between political parties by the very same people (liberals) who have been saying that political party doesn't matter in these situations, let's play.

Out of the last dozen politicized public shootings, 11 of them have been carried out by known democrats or people with strong democratic ties (family, friends, organizations). When that has been brought up here on CD, liberals have bent over backwards to deny, obfuscate, and dismiss this as coincidence. Now that the 1 in a dozen killers has been shown to be right wing, liberals can't wait to bring it up in an attempt to make it appear that somehow conservatives are crazier than liberals. News flash: in the game of numbers, you're still losing. You have more crazies than the conservatives do, sorry about your luck.

Stuff your hypocrisy back in your closet. Much like guns and genitals, it shouldn't be waved around in public.
Bull. You righties have made all of that up, and we all know it.

And you just did what you say you don't do. Stuff your hypocrisy … well, you know.

Old 06-09-2014, 02:31 PM

11,142 posts, read 10,713,172 times
Quote:
Bull. You righties have made all of that up, and we all know it.

And you just did what you say you don't do. Stuff your hypocrisy … well, you know.
Ah, the old "it was all a lie" excuse. That one's classic. Too bad it never works.

ETA: Oh look, I was called a rightie again. How do you know which hand I write with? I could be a leftie, you know. It isn't nearly as uncommon now that Catholic nuns aren't beating children for writing with the wrong hand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies