Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2014, 08:37 PM

1,735 posts, read 1,769,483 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapaport View Post
I was waiting for someone on the right to finally say that maybe the Nevada killers had a point. You won that trophy. Who's next?
You, since you're the only one in the bolded who has said so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2014, 08:41 PM

16,559 posts, read 8,592,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
Las Vegas Shooters apparently anti-government, pro-gun extremists--why am I not surprised?
You should be surprised because the overwhelming majority of kooks and loons who do this type of stuff are mentally unhinged people on the left of the political spectrum. So when someone like this who is supposedly on the right does it, you should be surprised.

Old 06-09-2014, 08:43 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,621,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
What a horrible attempt at deflection.
I'm not deflecting anything. These two nut bags don't represent my views as a conservative any more than eco bombers represent liberals. How is that deflecting? I'm very active in the gun rights issue, and we do NOT allow people like this in our midst. Any more than a liberal group would want extremists who think violence is the answer in theirs. Deflecting... wtfe.

Old 06-09-2014, 08:46 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,740,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Ummmm...yea. They were nut cases. Shocking! But, there is no correlation here to the firearms rights due ate. They had no real ties to the real shooting community. Nothing but fringe extremists, just like the lefts darling eco Nazis that blow things up to get their point across.
You left out ALF the Animal Liberation Front with stole monkey infect with AIDS and let them lose, thank god know one got bitten...

Or ELF the Earth Liberation Front trying to blow up the Alaska Pipeline.

Old 06-09-2014, 08:48 PM

241 posts, read 189,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapaport View Post
That's true. How much longer will every psycho in America have a constitutionally guaranteed right to possess guns and in many states, like Nevada, walk with these guns in his hand to any public place they wish? How much longer? How many more innocent, law abiding citizens have to be murdered before we repeal the 2nd amendment as simply obsolete in XXI century society?
You are always free to move to a country where guns are banned and only outlaws are able to get their hands on them. Don't let the door hit your rear on your way out. Good luck defending your family in such a country where the law doesn't allow you to protect yourself against criminals.

Old 06-09-2014, 08:52 PM

24,396 posts, read 23,053,611 times
Tweakers angry about the war on drugs. Shoulda known.

Old 06-09-2014, 08:58 PM

57,242 posts, read 26,182,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earn Your Own Keep View Post
You are always free to move to a country where guns are banned and only outlaws are able to get their hands on them. Don't let the door hit your rear on your way out. Good luck defending your family in such a country where the law doesn't allow you to protect yourself against criminals.
I haven't heard "Love it or Leave it" in quite some time.

Ah yes defending your family, seems like quite a few countries do quite well without having to have a gun 24/7 but don't let that get in the way of some healthy paranoia.

Old 06-09-2014, 09:00 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,519,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
Bill Ayers, The Black Panther Party, The New Black Panther Party, The Symbionese Liberation Army, the Gabrielle Giffords shooter, the Colorado movie theater shooter, the kid who murdered because he couldn't get a girlfriend, the Unabomber... that's a few cases of extreme violence by people with left-of-center views just off the top of my head. There are many others.

You're a bigot. Get educated.

Debunking the Left-Wing Myths About 'Right-Wing, Extremist Christians' | The Weekly Standard

Of massacres & media myths | New York Post

Ace of Spades HQ
Exactly. It's the leftists of the world that are the mass murderers. History has shown this over and over and over.

Old 06-09-2014, 09:31 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,621,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I haven't heard "Love it or Leave it" in quite some time.

Ah yes defending your family, seems like quite a few countries do quite well without having to have a gun 24/7 but don't let that get in the way of some healthy paranoia.
Its not paranoia when its happened to you. Criminal violence has changed my life forever. Lack of weapons would have ended IG, and that of a precious loved one. You can't imagine it unless you've been there. Its very easy to call folks paranoid when your lice has never been violated by a verminous two legged predator. And even if you stop them cold, its an experience that leaves a horrid scar.

Obviously, you feel that personal weapons are silly. Only paranoid people , jumping at shadows, want them. Oh, and these folks are slobbering to "get some" too, lest I forget THAT oft used quip. How little you really know. When you have dealt with your dearest loved one going through PTSD and severe anxiety, been there when a nightmare hits and had them jump out of their skin at a light, loving touch, you can spout off about "paranoia". You honestly think that being an armed citizen is some kind of role playing game?

Maybe we are all just playing here...yea? Maybe you can run the next group therapy we go to. Put all our fears to rest. Tell us how the cops will be there when we need them a d if not, just give the bipreds what they want, at least you MIGHT live that way. Could anything really be worth fighting to defend , after all? The notion disgusts me and blanket statements of "paranoia" does too. I suppose Europeans are getting on just fine like that? Wtfe. No, you need to bag that view of armed citizens up and light it on fire. That's about all its worth. There are seriously evil people out there, who want nothing more than to hurt your loved ones and you. They are armed, and vicious. The only way to answer them is to be armed and more vicious when they attack. And its no silly fantasy or paranoid delusion when it happens.

Old 06-09-2014, 09:49 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,463,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earn Your Own Keep View Post
30,000 people die a year from gun violence in this country. A vocal group of poorly educated Americans continue to advocate for less gun regulation after every shooting. Maybe it's time to ask who the real criminals are at this point?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies