Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2014, 12:08 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,467,310 times

Advertisements

It appears the wife was the instigator/brains and killed all 3 - the 2 policemen and the hero at Walmart.

Indiana couple who killed Las Vegas police also had plans to attack courts | Las Vegas Review-Journal

After the shooting, the couple headed toward a nearby Wal-Mart, where Jerad Miller was confronted by Joseph Robert Wilcox, 31, of Las Vegas. Wilcox was legally carrying a concealed pistol. Wilcox was unaware that Amanda Miller, who was pushing a shopping cart, was involved in the incident and “lying in wait,” the official said.

She slipped behind Wilcox and shot him at close range.

“He had no idea the wife was walking behind him,” the police official said of the murdered man. “This guy (Wilcox) was not some idiot with a gun. To me, he was a hero. He was trying to stop an active shooter.”

It wasn’t immediately clear if Wilcox fired a shot, or if he hit Jerad Miller before he died.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2014, 12:11 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,978,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Hell, at this point I only wish all we had to worry about were "eco Nazis" still blowing up tractors. And they don't even do that anymore.

On the other hand, RWNJs can get their hands on as many guns as they want right now, thanks to the blind support of the "shooting community," and kill anyone they please. Today. Yesterday. Saturday. Last week, and the week before that.

Otherwise, your false equivalency post was outstanding.
As can liberal kooks. A huge manhunt in the SF Bay area last week for a man who worked as a consultant for Dems. He had plenty of guns, and had expressed a desire to kill people.

Old 06-09-2014, 12:11 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,664,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Ummmm...yea. They were nut cases. Shocking! But, there is no correlation here to the firearms rights due ate. They had no real ties to the real shooting community. Nothing but fringe extremists, just like the lefts darling eco Nazis that blow things up to get their point across.
Tell, me one thing.

When one or more people walk into a restuarant with rifles, while you and your family are eating dinner, how do you know whether they are responsible gun owners whose trunk is so full of crap there's no room for their guns or part of the "fringe element" you speak of?
Does every patron's sphincter have to take a pucker on their seat until those people with the guns walk up and say, "Howdy Mam! I'll have the meat loaf special and a cup of Joe, thank ya kindly."

It seems to me, based on historical fact that the fringe element from both sides of the fence, the whackos and the truly mentally deficient all get guns as fast as they can, obsess about them and finally use them.

Old 06-09-2014, 12:24 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,673,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
Bill Ayers, The Black Panther Party, The New Black Panther Party, The Symbionese Liberation Army, the Gabrielle Giffords shooter, the Colorado movie theater shooter, the kid who murdered because he couldn't get a girlfriend, the Unabomber... that's a few cases of extreme violence by people with left-of-center views just off the top of my head. There are many others.

You're a bigot. Get educated.

Debunking the Left-Wing Myths About 'Right-Wing, Extremist Christians' | The Weekly Standard

Of massacres & media myths | New York Post

Ace of Spades HQ
You're so preaching to the choir. Those of us with IQs over 10 already know what you're saying. Those with single digit IQs will never get it.

Mother Jones might be the first clue as to the IQ of the reader.

Old 06-09-2014, 12:30 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,263,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
As can liberal kooks. A huge manhunt in the SF Bay area last week for a man who worked as a consultant for Dems. He had plenty of guns, and had expressed a desire to kill people.
Worked as a consultant for the Democrats? Expressed a desire to kill people?

How many did he kill? Did he drape their bodies with the Tea Party adopted symbol?

How many of the recent killings of the last week were by people who had openly expressed strong left-wing beliefs? Maybe the "sovereign citizen" in Georgia? Or will you call him a "liberal" because he grew pot?

Perhaps the Santa Barbara College killer is a left wing extremist because he hates women and thinks they're objects -- you know, like half the male conservative posters on this forum?

You guys are really reaching these days to pin this stuff elsewhere. I guess I would too, if my political ideology was behind this viciousness.

Old 06-09-2014, 12:31 PM

2,672 posts, read 2,718,496 times
It does look like these two were inspired by the Bundy Standoff. What was that other than a bunch of RWNJ's out in the desert. The only sane voice from the right comes from Glenn Beck who has been warning about people going overboard for about four years now.

Las Vegas ‘revolution’ shooters ID’d as right-wing conspiracy nuts with a deathwish

Las Vegas Shooters Boasted About Protesting At Cliven Bundy's Ranch

Heres a link to the suspects face book page. By the way the Tea Party has ruined the Gadsden Flag. Now it stands for hate and violence.

https://www.facebook.com/jerad.miller.1

This is from the Blaze...they arent defending Bundy. Apparently Cliven Bundy Owes the BLM More Money Than Every Other Rancher Combined | TheBlaze.com

Old 06-09-2014, 12:32 PM

1,976 posts, read 2,353,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
"The suspects in Sunday's shooting spree in Las Vegas that claimed the lives of two police officers and a shopper were a young married couple who espoused extreme pro-gun and anti-government views on their Facebook pages and who had spent time at the ranch of Cliven Bundy, whose standoff with the federal government made him a cause celebre in the so-called 'patriot' movement."

When is this country going to stop coddling these maniacs and start calling them out for what they are: terrorists?

The Chilling Anti-Government, Cliven Bundy-Loving Facebook Posts of the Alleged Las Vegas Shooters | Mother Jones
They are terrorists to non-gun nuts. I'd like to know when the Congress is going to stop bending over for the NRA. I guess it will take a Democratic super-majority.

Old 06-09-2014, 12:34 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,324,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Worked as a consultant for the Democrats? Expressed a desire to kill people?

How many did he kill? Did he drape their bodies with the Tea Party adopted symbol?

How many of the recent killings of the last week were by people who had openly expressed strong left-wing beliefs? Maybe the "sovereign citizen" in Georgia? Or will you call him a "liberal" because he grew pot?

Perhaps the Santa Barbara College killer is a left wing extremist because he hates women and thinks they're objects -- you know, like half the male conservative posters on this forum?

You guys are really reaching these days to pin this stuff elsewhere. I guess I would too, if my political ideology was behind this viciousness.
I'm not saying anyone's stupid; I'm saying that some people just have bad luck when it comes to thinking.

Even if this patently absurd notion were true, no one could hold a candle to the Kennedy's or Bill Clinton for using women like smokers use ashtrays.

Old 06-09-2014, 12:35 PM

2,672 posts, read 2,718,496 times
Turns out Harry Reid was right about Bundy and Bunkerville being full of domestic terrorists. Unless you call killing two policemen and draping a Tea Party Gadsden Flag over the bodies of two dead police officers normal "Chicago" style violence.

Reid calls Bundy supporters

Old 06-09-2014, 12:37 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,324,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
Turns out Harry Reid was right about Bundy and Bunkerville being full of domestic terrorists. Unless you call killing two policemen and draping a Tea Party Gadsden Flag over the bodies of two dead police officers normal "Chicago" style violence.

Reid calls Bundy supporters
I've scraped worthier things off the bottom of my shoe than Harry Reid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies