Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2014, 05:38 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,580,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
I am 23, there for I could not have voted for Bush....So yeah...

This man is losing us a victory...In soon to be 2 wars.......
You have no concept of what the word "victory" means. Maybe you will someday, and maybe you won't. What would benefit someone like you is to spend a tour in Afghanistan, and since you profess your love for guns, it sounds like an ideal arrangement. Add to that you are pro-war, and I find it hard to believe you are not in Afghanistan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2014, 05:44 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,797,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Iraq was stable in 2009 . Obamas policy destabilized it . He has had 6 years to form this policy , what is now going on in Iraq is obamas fault
We and NATO troops were still in Iraq in 2009. which was the year that the US started troop withdrawal. The last of the US military troops left Iraq December 2011.

I'm no fan of Obama but no matter who was in the WH this would have played out the same way unless, of course, you think that it would have been better to keep our troops there forever with the understanding that US military could be charged with crimes and tried in an Iraqi courtroom under Sharia Law? That was the condition Maliki gave Obama if US troops remained in Iraq. Obama was not about to leave our troops at the mercy of the Iraqi government while at the same time fight for Iraq.

Old 06-12-2014, 05:44 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,897,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
How fast? This has been building up for years - right after the US withdrawal. Any news about it was buried on the "For Sale" page in the major tabloids and was kept hush-hush in the media.
It shows that trying to build a Country in you own image still does not work. Someday, we may learn that.

Old 06-12-2014, 06:00 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,245,837 times
Quote:
We and NATO troops were still in Iraq in 2009. which was the year that the US started troop withdrawal. The last of the US military troops left Iraq December 2011.

I'm no fan of Obama but no matter who was in the WH this would have played out the same way unless, of course, you think that it would have been better to keep our troops there forever with the understanding that US military could be charged with crimes and tried in an Iraqi courtroom under Sharia Law? That was the condition Maliki gave Obama if US troops remained in Iraq. Obama was not about to leave our troops at the mercy of the Iraqi government while at the same time fight for Iraq.
Iraq is falling the fault lies with the current president

Old 06-12-2014, 06:07 AM

25,885 posts, read 16,602,938 times
Quote:
Yeah, we're well into Obama's second term and still people are going back on Bush. At some point he has to be held accountable for something.

The fact is, there is never going to be anything that resembles democracy in the mid east. Islam rules all.

I have to agree with Detroitdeserter, as long as the results are the US getting the hell out of there it's a good thing. It's just not worth it, we don't even need their oil any longer. Let the Saudi's figure out how to defend their ridiculous wealth from the poor peasants they are surrounded by.

Where's the popcorn?

Old 06-12-2014, 06:11 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,797,730 times
Quote:
it's Obama's fault because you want it to be. Since you are giving out opinions (based on ???) what exactly do you think Obama should have done that would have had a much better outcome? And while you are at it, what do you suggest he do now?

Old 06-12-2014, 06:16 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,245,837 times
Quote:
it's Obama's fault because you want it to be. Since you are giving out opinions (based on ???) what exactly do you think Obama should have done that would have had a much better outcome? And while you are at it, what do you suggest he do now?
With foreign policy the buck stops at the president. Anything he could have done would have been made in 2009 when he announced the timing of our withdrawal .
As of now little he can do except maybe get our embassy people out , Iraq falling to terrorist is all on Obama. He is president the buck stops with him

Old 06-12-2014, 06:18 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,507,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Here we go, the total collapse of Obama's foreign policy for all to see...
The evacuation of an embassy, unlike eight years of war, can be achieved without a drop of blood being spilled.

As for a foreign policy "collapse"--did Gerald Ford ever get blamed for the fall of Saigon?

Old 06-12-2014, 06:19 AM

13,718 posts, read 9,053,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Iraq was stable under Saddam, an enemy of al Qaeda. No matter how much you hate Obama it doesn't change the fact Iraq hasn't been truly stable since Saddam was ousted.

I will add that after Saddam was ousted in 2003, the Iraqi army was disbanded, leaving thousands of officers and soldiers without a job (with many of the skilled officers now fighting with ISIS).

Here is an interesting NY Times article from 2007 about this issue:

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/04/wa...emer.html?_r=0

I am glad we are out of Iraq. I feel for those people, but I say let Iran and Turkey handle the situation (and the Kurds).

Old 06-12-2014, 06:20 AM

12,058 posts, read 6,610,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I have to agree with Detroitdeserter, as long as the results are the US getting the hell out of there it's a good thing. It's just not worth it, we don't even need their oil any longer. Let the Saudi's figure out how to defend their ridiculous wealth from the poor peasants they are surrounded by.
I agree with this.
And will be furious if Malaki convinces Obama to help him after he threatened to put our soldiers before Sharia trials if we kept them there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies