Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2014, 10:03 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
Or with cleaver nuts, knife nuts, hammer nuts ...

Get a clue!
Thank you for proving my point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2014, 10:03 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,800,800 times
Quote:
You're joking .. right?

The clown-n-chief can't even bother to call the dead soldiers families, you know, the ones who died searching for a deserter?

You bots are truly brain dead!
How do you know he didn't?

Old 06-12-2014, 10:04 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,356,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
The best thing a surgeon can do is operate to save a loved one instead of standing still and weeping with the family. Obama needs to work of fixing this rampant gun problem. With these constant shootings, he has no time to weep with families anymore.
That is a thought-provoking point. Do we want our President to be Commander-In-Chief or Consoler-In-Chief?

Old 06-12-2014, 10:04 AM

Quote:
We can always be more like China!

What will be your crying points then?

GET OFF the myna-bird .. Gun Grabbing meme!

School attacks in China (2010–12)

WHOLE lot more at link.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_...ina_(2010–12
We have surpassed China years ago with just with school shootings.

Old 06-12-2014, 10:06 AM

8,017 posts, read 5,853,160 times
Perhaps it's time to have a conversation about the tox screens of every one of the shooters.

But Barack Obama never mentions that, or the mental health of the shooters.

I wonder why......

Old 06-12-2014, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
No, instead, he banned the media from covering the flag draped coffins of our returning soldiers. He didn't want the country to see the results of his disastrous folly.

Talk about having no sympathy! It was as if those soldiers, who paid the ultimate price, never existed to GWB!

Old 06-12-2014, 10:09 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb Longstreet View Post
This came from the Cato Institute and was printed in Field and Stream and yes, I get it, the magazine is conflicted but, just read it for what it is.....it's time we had a real, no bs discussion about whether or not they can prevent crime and curtail those that are dangerous in the moment...so-to-speak...tens of THOUSANDS of crimes prevented.....if that were even half true, the gun control debate would be a non-starter. Keep it to the numbers, keep an open mind. While all crimes don't necessarily end in gun violence, I would tender there is more than some truth in this article.

God knows if I were your generic street thug/thugette and you pointed a gun at me before I did something to and had a CHANCE of running way, I'd go with door number 2. Wouldn't you?

Study: Gun Owners Prevent Crime | Outdoor Life
I tend to not believe anything that comes from this Libertarian Think Tank that is funded by the Koch Brothers.

Besides having a gun doesn't make you more safe. Lets say generic armed street thug goes to rob you and sees you go for your gun, do you think he is going to 1) shoot you or 2) wait for you to pull it out?

Possessing a gun makes you less safe not more safe - Tulsa FBI | Examiner.com

Old 06-12-2014, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
Perhaps it's time to have a conversation about the tox screens of every one of the shooters.

But Barack Obama never mentions that, or the mental health of the shooters.

I wonder why......
A little late to run a tox test on the shooters after the fact, isn't it? How about randomized drug screenings on gun owners to catch them before a shooting? Which reminds me. Didn't Cheney have a couple beers for lunch before shooting that guy in the face?

Old 06-12-2014, 10:12 AM

4,919 posts, read 4,832,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
We have surpassed China years ago with just with school shootings.
I don't respond to cluelessness.

oops

Old 06-12-2014, 10:18 AM

4,919 posts, read 4,832,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I tend to not believe anything that comes from this Libertarian Think Tank that is funded by the Koch Brothers.

Besides having a gun doesn't make you more safe. Lets say generic armed street thug goes to rob you and sees you go for your gun, do you think he is going to 1) shoot you or 2) wait for you to pull it out?

Possessing a gun makes you less safe not more safe - Tulsa FBI | Examiner.com
Again .. clueless?

First the Koch brothers have donated to one of your heros .. harry reid and given twenty five million dollars to the United Negro College Fund.
(You racists?)

Second: Disarming all law abiding citizens and leaving the criminal element armed makes us all safer how?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies