Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2014, 02:00 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,632,241 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
I'm speaking in general, petch. I've seen members spell Obama with a 0 instead of an O. Do you think that is effective? Hell, do you think that is mature?
Though I am often mistaken for a solid conservative Repub, because I post in gun threads a lot, I am actually a moderate Independent. My stands on other issues take a very moderate position. I just don't post them much. I hit on issues that go close to home and self defense and arms hit there for me. You know why. :-).

Still, I have not voted Democrat since the early 80s, and then, only for one local rep. I , truly, hold no support for either party, and haven't for some time. I haven't voted for a presidential candidate, in good conscience, since Reagan. Were it not for all the insulting rhetoric on here, I could reach either side on certain issues. But, that chance rarely occurs. My rural background and solid stand on gun rights labels me with the left, and no other issues are considered. I'm a "redneck". End of line.

Since I am a Christian, that seals the deal with the left, a d gives the right an impression I support all their views. Even though its not so. I am not a fundamentalist. Just a believer. I can't find much redeeming about Barrack Obama. But, nor did I find much in that regard for any Republican candidate, other than Sarah Palin is a stone cold FOX. :-). Lol. So sue me. She's a hottie. But my honest celebrity crush is Jodie Foster. Don't care if she's gay. She trips my trigger. Again, sue me. Though I identify more conservative than not, some things just don't bug me. Sexual stuff is one of those. That's personal. Not open for scrutiny.

But, both sides use it as a staging ground. Wtfe. I didnt know single issues defined people so much. Obama has drawn up some pretty nasty lines, with race, sexual preference, gun rights, executive power, foreign policy, domestic policy, et al. Even with moderates like me. His has been a very divisive administration. But, those who agree with him don't see it that way. Honestly, I don't see his charisma, he does not inspire me. He is not a healer of rifts, he capitalizes on them, as effectively as any right leaning individual. There's nothing in either side of our governmental leadership that I admire.

Old 06-13-2014, 02:09 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,977,958 times
VERY well said, NVplumber!
I agree totally, except for Palin and Foster. They are both too skinny. If they would each put on 10 pounds or so, THEN they would be hotties!

Old 06-13-2014, 02:17 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,528,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Though I am often mistaken for a solid conservative Repub, because I post in gun threads a lot, I am actually a moderate Independent. My stands on other issues take a very moderate position. I just don't post them much. I hit on issues that go close to home and self defense and arms hit there for me. You know why. :-).

Still, I have not voted Democrat since the early 80s, and then, only for one local rep. I , truly, hold no support for either party, and haven't for some time. I haven't voted for a presidential candidate, in good conscience, since Reagan. Were it not for all the insulting rhetoric on here, I could reach either side on certain issues. But, that chance rarely occurs. My rural background and solid stand on gun rights labels me with the left, and no other issues are considered. I'm a "redneck". End of line.

Since I am a Christian, that seals the deal with the left, a d gives the right an impression I support all their views. Even though its not so. I am not a fundamentalist. Just a believer. I can't find much redeeming about Barrack Obama. But, nor did I find much in that regard for any Republican candidate, other than Sarah Palin is a stone cold FOX. :-). Lol. So sue me. She's a hottie. But my honest celebrity crush is Jodie Foster. Don't care if she's gay. She trips my trigger. Again, sue me. Though I identify more conservative than not, some things just don't bug me. Sexual stuff is one of those. That's personal. Not open for scrutiny.

But, both sides use it as a staging ground. Wtfe. I didnt know single issues defined people so much. Obama has drawn up some pretty nasty lines, with race, sexual preference, gun rights, executive power, foreign policy, domestic policy, et al. Even with moderates like me. His has been a very divisive administration. But, those who agree with him don't see it that way. Honestly, I don't see his charisma, he does not inspire me. He is not a healer of rifts, he capitalizes on them, as effectively as any right leaning individual. There's nothing in either side of our governmental leadership that I admire.
Agreed. I'm pretty much the same way. Except the Palin thing. Yuk! LOL.

Old 06-13-2014, 02:20 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,632,241 times
To each their own guys. Lol. I like smallish, feisty women. Just me.

Old 06-13-2014, 02:45 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,231,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Okay. I'm not getting the connection between possible illegal employment and someone sitting on steps in Sec. 8 housing.

Getting angry over others' behavior that has no direct effect on you is indeed a control issue. It will eat you up, if not corrected. At some point - even with things that do directly effect us - we need acceptance. The serenity prayer says it eloquently:

O God, give us the serenity to accept what cannot be changed, the courage to change what can be changed, and the wisdom to know the one from the other.

Wisdom is key.

Threatening armed conflict, secession and impeachment because you lost an election is not only unwise, it's childish.
I was only tying the two situations together to help you understand the feeling of resentment; not anger. I agree, none of us can let it consume us. Just out of curiosity, are you in the mental health profession? You sound like my clinical psychologist friend.

Old 06-13-2014, 03:23 PM

59,088 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remoddahouse View Post
I've been reading the threads on here. The forum having the internet demographic of angry males is manifested here in the constant often mindless complaining about the current POTUS. Instead of having threads here ruined by blind statements like Obama sucks, Obama has to go, etc, I thought I'd just create one nice thread here where anyone who doesn't want to debate like an adult, but just wants to emotionally whine about the current President can come in here and have at it.

Hopefully if people can dump their emotions here, then when they participate in other threads, they can make better posts such as I disagree with A because of B and C instead of Obama is a Kenyan muslim devil.

Anyways, please have it....
Keep in mind there are STILL plenty of posters who still complain about Bush.

O is STILL the sitting President. Are you saying we should NOT comment on his actions and non-actions?

If you can 't take it, DON'T dish it out!

Old 06-13-2014, 03:39 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Keep in mind there are STILL plenty of posters who still complain about Bush.

O is STILL the sitting President. Are you saying we should NOT comment on his actions and non-actions?

If you can 't take it, DON'T dish it out!
No, you can NOT comment or disagree with Obama. Just say "Obama da man, he'll save the day"

Old 06-13-2014, 03:52 PM

5,576 posts, read 8,000,929 times
I find the thread title amusing, a nice diversion after a day of serious viewing - nice job, OP .

Old 06-13-2014, 03:54 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,452,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
VERY well said, NVplumber!
I agree totally, except for Palin and Foster. They are both too skinny. If they would each put on 10 pounds or so, THEN they would be hotties!
where's the barf icon when you need one?

Old 06-13-2014, 03:56 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
where's the barf icon when you need one?
I used it when they were talking about Michelle Obama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies