Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2014, 05:55 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,479,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
The recent Iraq ISIS insurgents has made me wonder one thing about the liberal platform. Liberals want to see more nations have similar civil rights to America such as the issues with Muslim militants trying to kill if not capture Muslim girls who are actually getting an education. But yet, many liberals oppose going to war to bring about these rights as we've seen with Afghanistan, Iraq and Syria. My question is why is this the case. To me it sounds somewhat hypocritical. Maybe someone can explain that to me.
If your neighbor has a cold, do you cure him with a shot of malaria?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2014, 06:28 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,555 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
The recent Iraq ISIS insurgents has made me wonder one thing about the liberal platform. Liberals want to see more nations have similar civil rights to America such as the issues with Muslim militants trying to kill if not capture Muslim girls who are actually getting an education. But yet, many liberals oppose going to war to bring about these rights as we've seen with Afghanistan, Iraq and Syria. My question is why is this the case. To me it sounds somewhat hypocritical. Maybe someone can explain that to me.
Only liberals believe in civil rights ??????

Old 06-13-2014, 06:33 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
It's not our job to police the world, even when the world does things we don't like.

Old 06-13-2014, 06:35 PM

7,800 posts, read 4,400,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11 View Post
And yet that is the neocon platform that led to Iraq. The OP is dishonestly labeling that concept as exclusively a liberal idea and attempt to attack liberals, whereas it has actually been a tenant of US foreign policy for a century.
The OP needs a history lesson. This whole Iraqi omnishambles was W's great mission to spread democracy to the middle east..or at least that is what we were told in part...Given current history, to state that it is liberals that want to send troops into foreign lands to spread democracy is laughable.

Old 06-13-2014, 06:38 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Only liberals believe in civil rights ??????
Paraproxis...LOL.

He didn't mean to let that slip out...But it did. Tells you all you need to know..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies