Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2014, 03:09 PM

59,089 posts, read 27,318,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMiller View Post
I'm sick of the GOP's never-ending quest to make a mountain out of a mole-hill at taxpayer expense.
When you keep your cool when EVERYBODY else keeps theirs, Maybe YOU haven't grasped the situation!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2014, 03:11 PM

4,873 posts, read 3,603,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Um, using the IRS to enforce political ideology is not a mole-hill, and I am honestly shocked to see someone say that. I can understand saying that the abuse of power did not occur. But to say it doesn't matter? That's simply amazing. If the President having what amounts to political police who silence opposing viewpoints isn't a big deal to you, what exactly is worth of an investigation in your opinion?
You're right, it's absurd that the IRS would question groups with politically-themed names applying for non-political tax-exemptions. What was I thinking?

Edit: That was sarcasm.

Old 06-13-2014, 03:23 PM

2,672 posts, read 2,718,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
"In my lifetime, Barack Obama is the only president who comes close to rivaling Richard Nixon for fundamental disingenuousness."
--Bob Woodward

"The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) claimed Friday that it cannot produce Lois Lerner’s emails to and from the White House and other administration departments due to a supposed computer crash.

The IRS previously agreed to hand over all of the ex-IRS official’s emails from 2009 to 2011 to the House Ways and Means Committee, chaired by Rep. Dave Camp. But the IRS claimed Friday that it has Lerner’s emails to and from other IRS officials but it cannot produce emails to and from the Treasury and Justice Departments, the Federal Election Commission, or Democratic offices.

The IRS’ computer crash may go down in history next to the eighteen and a half minute gap in the Watergate tapes, which was supposedly caused by a mistake by Richard Nixon’s secretary Rose Mary Woods."

Read more: IRS Computer Crashed And Erased All Of Lois Lerner's Emails | The Daily Caller

These emails were requested over a year ago and promised to be turned over and now they just disappear. A crime has been committed and the evidence destroyed by one of the most corrupt and inept administrations of all time.

I am so disgusted by what is going on in this country.

Bob Woodard never said what you have posted. That was from Pat Caddell a Fox News contributor.

Obama is the closest thing to Nixon we've seen in 40 years | Fox News

Old 06-13-2014, 03:33 PM

15,637 posts, read 10,393,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
Bob Woodard never said what you have posted. That was from Pat Caddell a Fox News contributor.

Obama is the closest thing to Nixon we've seen in 40 years | Fox News
You are right. I remembered this quote incorrectly as being one from Bob Woodward. Sorry for confusion and incorrectly attributing it to Mr. Woodward. I removed it from the original post.

Old 06-13-2014, 04:13 PM

5,341 posts, read 6,523,421 times
Sadly it's taken four plus year's to find out just who the real Barry Soroto A.K.A Barack Hussein Obama
is and I'll give everyone a heads up, the show is by no means over, little barry will soon have
certain questions asked about his accountability and once again he'll get a pass, and that will ensure
another nail in the coffin of the American way of life as so many of us have known.

“For better or for worse…we have a black Muslim in the White House.”

Madonna

The latest comments From his administrations policy on Iraq is a clear indication of just
where his loyalty lies

Barack Hussein Obama MUST be Held Accountable for his Actions and his MISGUIDED
ideals of America, it's so clear that his interests are more friendly to his admitted
MUSLIM brothers and sisters, then his US supporters that will do most anything that he states to ensure
that the government will support their 'FREE FOR ME Society'

The trails that Barry Soroto A.K.A Barack Hussein Obama has had to lay out is a clear indication
of just where his plan is taking AMERICA

It's just so very sad that America has allowed this traitor to become a president in
training, while costing us so much more then our troops had fought for.

[Violent rhetoric removed to ensure reader safety]

For those who understand, no explanation is needed. For those who do not understand, no explanation is possible.

Old 06-13-2014, 04:23 PM

4,873 posts, read 3,603,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
For those who understand, no explanation is needed. For those who do not understand, no explanation is possible.
Isn't this just a rhythmic way of saying that there's no convincing logical justification for thinking this way?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies