Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2014, 10:00 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,952,870 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
And you don't think they are already there??
I have no clue. Are they there? What have they done?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2014, 10:03 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,743,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
Israel already is in nation and already exists! In this particular case, the USA should be concerned as one of the 3 teenagers abducted is a U.S. citizen.
Any nation that house a terrorist group that harms any U.S citizen should have one major city nuked every 12 hours untill they are either all dead or they return our citizens and or expel said group.

Old 06-15-2014, 10:17 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,952,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwruckman View Post
The Saudis and the Hashemites have been blood enemies from the time they were just two bedouin tribes who only had the Arabian desert to count as home before they were lifted into he big leagues by the We4stern powers during the 1920s and WW1. The Hashemites were the people T. E. Lawerence used to establish British control of Palestine and Iraq for Britain. American oil men were given the rights to look for oil in Arabia south of Iraq and Kuwait already given to the British. We needed to local authority and chose the the tribe of Adul-Azziz al-Saud as our proxy over all others and thus created the House of Saud and Saudi Arabia. Hashemites claim a blood tie to the line of the Prophet Mohammed hence the right to be the protectors of Mecca, Medina and Jerusalem which are all in the hands of non-Hashemite authorities i.e (Mecca and medina are in the hands of the Saudis) and (Jersalem is in the hads of Israel) . Unfortunately these distinctions count in the Middle East.
If the Hashemites are the name of one tribe, what is the name of the Saudi Tribe or the Assad tribe?

Old 06-15-2014, 11:21 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,504,427 times
After we let some more terrorist free i'm sure that could happen

Old 06-16-2014, 01:41 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,271,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwruckman
The Saudis and the Hashemites have been blood enemies from the time they were just two bedouin tribes who only had the Arabian desert to count as home before they were lifted into he big leagues by the We4stern powers during the 1920s and WW1. The Hashemites were the people T. E. Lawerence used to establish British control of Palestine and Iraq for Britain. American oil men were given the rights to look for oil in Arabia south of Iraq and Kuwait already given to the British. We needed to local authority and chose the the tribe of Adul-Azziz al-Saud as our proxy over all others and thus created the House of Saud and Saudi Arabia. Hashemites claim a blood tie to the line of the Prophet Mohammed hence the right to be the protectors of Mecca, Medina and Jerusalem which are all in the hands of non-Hashemite authorities i.e (Mecca and medina are in the hands of the Saudis) and (Jersalem is in the hads of Israel) . Unfortunately these distinctions count in the Middle East.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
If the Hashemites are the name of one tribe, what is the name of the Saudi Tribe or the Assad tribe?
It's confusing, isn't it?

The name of the Tribe of the House of Saud was given. The Hashemites are very interesting (and ancient) - traditionally refers to those belonging to the Banu Hashim, or "clan of Hashim", an Arabian clan within the larger Quraysh tribe. They are spread all across Muslim countries, but the Kingdom is Jordan .... which of course was originally Trans-Jordan and intended to be the home of the Muslims living in Palestine. At one time in fairly modern history - the Hashemite Kings ruled Syria and then Iraq and were the Guardians of Mecca - during the later part of the Ottoman Empire, Abdulla II's direct decedent was The King of the Arabs. The present King of Jordan, Abdullah II, is really pretty modern and a good ally of the USA. It's true that the House of Saud and the Kingdom of the Hashemites are old enemies -the never ending battle over Islam and who is the "true" successor through blood to Mohammed - but both Kingdoms are putting aside those differences to face greater threats.

The Civil War in Syria has sorta "changed" that "ancient enemy" stuff - Both the Sauds and the King of Jordan hate Sunnis murdering Sunnis in modern times, than they do Sunni's fighting Shiites. The Sauds are allied with Jordan at this time to fight the Jihadis that threaten both their Monarchies and Countries.

As to Assad - they are Alawites, which are a very secretive Sect of Islam and quite small - some say they are Shia, others say they are not - you have to be an Alawi to actually know and they don't tell. The "house" of Assad really began after WWI when the French (who controlled what is now Modern Iraq, Syria, Lebanon - divided it all up. I should mention that the Alawites in Syria though they should have the entire Levant as "Greater Syria" - which also would include Syria, Iraq, Lebanon, Jordan, Israel ..... they are a greedy warrior group. In the end - Hafez al-Assad (Bashar al-Assad's father) was a Military leader who wound up in control of Syria and held on to it through Brutality ..... the Son has surpassed the Father. They both believed they should rule Greater Syria and have never given up that dream. The Alawites were one of the originators of the Baath Political Party and at one time Syria and Iraq were merged under Baath Leadership.

It's tough (but very interesting) to attempt to figure it all out .... especially when you factor in all the other names some of these people and lands are known by.

Religion, Sect, Ethnic divides, Tribes, Clans and then there are the Political Parties to just confuse the issue more.

Back to the original question about Israel and the Kidnapping. I tend to think that it's doubtful that ISIS/ISIL had anything to do with it. Several reasons - 1. Israel doesn't think they did and they have excellent intelligence. 2. ISIS/ISIL has their plate very full right now and none of them are bothering much with Israel. 3. They couldn't get into Israel to kidnap these 3 kids.

Now ..... did a Jihadi group ( Dawlat al-Islam ) do it and claim they were ISIS/ISIL? That's very possible - it's next to impossible to keep track of all these groups and sometimes they change their names daily. Not only that, but ISIS/ISIL are the Big Dog on the street in the Muslim World of Jihad these days. They are organized, they are actually an Army with a Cabinet of Ministers. AQ is on the wane in some ways - but ISIS/ISIL is rising like a Rocket.

Some say ISIS/ISIL is mostly Wahhabi, others say Salafi, some say they are al-Qaedda linked (that's not true, they have broken with AQ). I have problems telling the difference between the Wahhabi and Salafi - it was explained to me (by a Sunni who had become allied with Hezbollah) that the Salafi are much more intolerant than Wahhabi (hard to believe) and Brutal (I believe that one). Saudi Arabi is about 20% Wahhabi - but it's the ruling 20%. Qatar is about 47% Wahhabi and it's also the ruling %. They both (not necessarily as a Country) fund ISIS/ISIL, and for different reasons. These Jihad groups are like Mercenaries - Qatar and KSA were funding them to fight Bashar al-Assad, the Iranian Guard and Hezbollah in Syria and a group to fight Hezbollah in Lebanon.

We just turned those Taliban Leaders over to Qatar to "safeguard".

Will they all go after Israel when they get tired of trying to kill each other .... Maybe, but I'm betting not. Iran is going into Iraq to fight ISIS/ISIL - Iran is already fighting in Syria and funding Hezbollah to fight in Syria, while Hezbollah has it's own problems in Lebanon. That's a lot on their plate also. Hamas may fire up again, but they also have their own problems trying to put together an alliance with the Palestinian Authority with a lot of pushy-shovey over leadership. Things would be better if Kerry would stay home or just shut up and let them work it out - BUT he won't. He is after his own "Legacy".

I think that Saudi Arabia and Jordan know they only have one real Ally they can count on right now - I can't imagine that the O-Team is going to get involved in Iraq and we already know they are content to watch Syria burn. It is Israel that has the Arab's back and they know it. It is Israel that is treating their sick and wounded and making sure that heavy weapons and Chemical Weapons don't get into Lebanon.
They all play word games, but they are fighting for their lives against a common enemy.

Very interesting times we live in. Tremendous amounts of History are happening before our eyes and few people seem to care or notice.

Old 06-16-2014, 04:17 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,224,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
Will these insurgents and militant groups, terrorists, and rebels eventually their around and try to start something with Israel?

Seems like there is not much thought, or purpose to this group ISIS. First, they fighting Assad because they say he is evil, and now they invade Iraqi turf and start killing civilians on the streets. And that is on top of Iraq having all these armed groups themselves, whom I hear I starting to fight back. Me thinks, maybe Assad is just the tip of the iceberg, and there is a larger hidden agenda here.

Also why hasnt Jordan having any issues? They are pretty close to all the action. I also hear that Saudi Arabia is a large booster for ISIS. What is there agenda?
Yes but the president is on vacations

Old 06-16-2014, 04:44 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
Maybe it's time to take McCain's advice, bring in GW Bush team ... get their plan, then do the exact opposite. Problem solved.

Old 06-16-2014, 06:15 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,224,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Maybe it's time to take McCain's advice, bring in GW Bush team ... get their plan, then do the exact opposite. Problem solved.
What we are doing is a failure

Old 06-16-2014, 07:47 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
Any nation that house a terrorist group that harms any U.S citizen should have one major city nuked every 12 hours untill they are either all dead or they return our citizens and or expel said group.
Uuuh; what if your citizens are being kept in that city you decide to nuke?

Wouldn't that make the exercise kinda redundant?

Old 06-16-2014, 07:48 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
What we are doing is a failure
Only because you keep doing the SAME thing over and over. It's not like the opposition have not been able to study your freak'n play-book.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies