Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2014, 02:03 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Blog: Hundreds of thousands may lose Obamacare coverage

"The mess that is Obamacare just got a lot messier.

Apparently, the government is having a hard time verifying the eligibility for about 2 million Obamacare sign ups. That's 25% of those who signed up and a larger percentage of those who received subsidies. (Note: We still don't know how many Obamacare enrollees got subsidies.)

According to this New York Times article, many consumers are bewildered because they already supplied the documentation the government is asking for. "

I got the letter. They have apparently lost the documents I uploaded months ago and I must now make copies and snail mail them to a KY address within 30 days - or lose my coverage.
The real motive of Obamacare: saving the U.S. Postal Service!!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2014, 02:06 PM

1,138 posts, read 1,042,189 times
Why has this not been repealed yet?

There are a couple of things about the ACA that I do agree with such as Insurance companies no longer being able to deny people coverage due to a pre-existing condition. But I don't see why they felt the need to pass a massive bill just for those few things.

Old 06-16-2014, 02:08 PM

4,412 posts, read 3,959,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West Coast Republican View Post
Why has this not been repealed yet?

There are a couple of things about the ACA that I do agree with such as Insurance companies no longer being able to deny people coverage due to a pre-existing condition. But I don't see why they felt the need to pass a massive bill just for those few things.
Because insurance companies no longer make any money if they can't deny coverage to sick people. Without mandating what they cover and that everyone have coverage you might as well have just nationalized the private insurers.

And say it was repealed, which it won't be, what do you replace it with?

Old 06-16-2014, 02:09 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,452,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mon View Post
Because insurance companies no longer make any money if they can't deny coverage to sick people. Without mandating what they cover and that everyone have coverage you might as well have just nationalized the private insurers.
The government will do the denying now.

Old 06-16-2014, 02:09 PM

4,176 posts, read 4,670,550 times
My prediction is that, the closer we get to the elections, the stupider and crazier the conspiracies about Obamacare you're going to see.

Old 06-16-2014, 02:33 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
I'm not surprised, the system sucks. Case in point, my application was filed months ago and I finally got a letter for Medicaid LAST WEEK, MONTHS AFTER THE DEADLINE EXTENSION! I ended up getting my own plan in the mean time to avoid tax penalties because I couldn't figure out the Medicaid issue with living with my parents and if their income is included in my own for household income. (No I couldn't get on my parents' health plan either.) The system needs an enema and fas .

Old 06-16-2014, 02:37 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Blog: Hundreds of thousands may lose Obamacare coverage

"The mess that is Obamacare just got a lot messier.

Apparently, the government is having a hard time verifying the eligibility for about 2 million Obamacare sign ups. That's 25% of those who signed up and a larger percentage of those who received subsidies. (Note: We still don't know how many Obamacare enrollees got subsidies.)

According to this New York Times article, many consumers are bewildered because they already supplied the documentation the government is asking for. "

I got the letter. They have apparently lost the documents I uploaded months ago and I must now make copies and snail mail them to a KY address within 30 days - or lose my coverage.
Maybe it all got sent to Lois Lerner's PC for storage ?

I'm sure the NSA has copies though.

And this is the government that wants to run the internet for us and give us online ID's that they control and manage ? ROFLMAO....

Old 06-16-2014, 07:02 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,029,439 times
OH all the forms I never filled out are lost. darn now I don't have to pay my fine er I mean tax or whatever.ruined my evening almost .

Old 06-16-2014, 07:07 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,954,468 times
Gee, we need single payer so this can happen to everyone?

How can liberals continue to support ever expanding big government? Are they immune to facts and reality?

Old 06-16-2014, 08:38 PM

4,412 posts, read 3,959,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Gee, we need single payer so this can happen to everyone?

How can liberals continue to support ever expanding big government? Are they immune to facts and reality?
And you're for repealing Medicare?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies