Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2014, 07:58 PM

33,587 posts, read 18,183,766 times

Advertisements

Those pit bulls can be vicious.. why is it always a pit bull and they are so popular..

This poor child was undoubtedly traumatized by the attack and now she is asked to leave because of her scars.. where is the empathy? She should have been given something free and honored by the workers there instead of being asked to leave. She is a special little girl to have gone through such a tragic ordeal. What a beautiful little girl in spite of her injuries and a smile to warm the soul.

Old 06-16-2014, 08:08 PM

5,756 posts, read 4,001,790 times
Poor little girl to have a traumatic event happen to her and then have strange people gawking at her is sad.Eat your food and mind your own business should be posted in bold print.

Old 06-16-2014, 08:49 PM

513 posts, read 799,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Those pit bulls can be vicious.. why is it always a pit bull and they are so popular..

This poor child was undoubtedly traumatized by the attack and now she is asked to leave because of her scars.. where is the empathy? She should have been given something free and honored by the workers there instead of being asked to leave. She is a special little girl to have gone through such a tragic ordeal. What a beautiful little girl in spite of her injuries and a smile to warm the soul.
If you look at statistics the number of fatal dog attacks have increased substantially in the last ten or so years and almost all of them are by pit bulls. My daughter and I went to the SPCA today and our of the 40 or so dogs they had, 38 of them were pitbulls. This is a nicer county too, I can't imagine what the city's spca looks like. She was scared and had her fingers in her ears the whole time saying how the "dogs are mean". They probably all aren't. But I personally would never get one. We recently got a St Bernard and she is the sweetest girl. People say "not all pitbulls are mean" or "it's the owner", yet 99% of the attacks are by pitbulls and not all of them are bad owners. You don't hear about a golden retriever attacking and mauling a jogger.

Old 06-16-2014, 09:36 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,860,246 times
Thumbs down *

Quote:
JACKSON, MS - A 3-year-old girl who was attacked by pit bulls in April was asked to leave a restaurant in Mississippi because her scars scared customers, the girl's grandmother told a television station there.
GIMME A BREAK!!!!!!! -- HER FACE ISNT SCARY @ ALL........... Stupid ignorant idiots!

Poor girl

Old 06-16-2014, 09:38 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,099,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChestRockwell View Post
You're wrong... I have a 4-year-old daughter. So this resonates with me very much.

And just for consistency....the "Liberals" that I am so called "having a go at" have NO issue using every other GUN TRAGEDY in this country that claims childrens lives to "have a go" at "gun nuts".
Specifically targeting shootings or incidents where something happened to a gay person that got a rather silly amount of media attention are valid when bring things like that up. Talking about this situation and just throwing around 'people would get so upset if this were a way person' is completely pointless. I'd say the same thing about a liberal who throws a jab about 'I bet gun nuts wouldn't blah blah blah.' It's childish.

You say this resonates with you. I believe you. FOCUS ON IT! Don't throw a jab at people who think gays are being discriminated just so you can sit back in your chair and feel satisfied.

Old 06-16-2014, 09:52 PM

20,127 posts, read 16,176,784 times
It is impossible to clean this up enough to get it close to ToS standards - closed.

Last edited by Oldhag1; 06-16-2014 at 10:05 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.