Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2014, 01:04 PM

68,347 posts, read 54,470,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Coast Republican View Post
I'm being real. I'm not a wing nutter either. Do you guys have an actual argument or just attacks?

And Dr. Ben Carson is my main candidate, he's a great person and would make a great President, so I have taken it upon myself to help spread the word about him before he wins the nominee.

Carson is an idiot to say that Obamacare is the worst thing to happen to this country since slavery. Or are you with the RWNJs like him who toss off things like the Civil War, WW I, WW II, the Korean War, the Vietnam War, etc., etc., etc. as minor little inconveniences compared to the ACA?

BTW, contrary to your OP, impeachment has no effect on the times when elections are scheduled.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2014, 01:04 PM

2,687 posts, read 2,188,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Even IF they had the votes, they don't have the cojones.

I know, but it's fun to taunt them.

Old 06-18-2014, 01:06 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,041,468 times
Quote:
Carson is an idiot to say that Obamacare is the worst thing to happen to this country since slavery. Or are you with the RWNJs like him who toss off things like the Civil War, WW I, WW II, the Korean War, the Vietnam War, etc., etc., etc. as minor little inconveniences compared to the ACA?
Now, now - war is good, at least in the eyes of some people, while affordable health care is bad... don't ask how that works, but it is the usual RWNJ logic.

32,516 posts, read 37,217,798 times
Quote:

The next election is going to come sooner than expected!
You obviously paid no attention in school. Hopefully you weren't in a public school and tax payers dollars weren't wasted while you sat there doing.... whatever it was you were doing.

4,873 posts, read 3,608,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleidd View Post
The case to impeach Barack 'Milhous' Obama is much stronger then the one used to impeach Nixon.
That's an interesting theory.

1,138 posts, read 1,043,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Votre_Chef View Post
You provide no argument to argue with. You make stupid statements and pass them off as facts. I treat you as your statements warrant.

Ben Carson is a joke, he's the GOP flavor of the month. He has no chance of winning the nomination or winning a general election (the GOP has hardly a chance to win in 2016 as it is). He would literally be the least experienced person ever to be President of this country. A GOP that has just spent 6 years attacking Obama for his lack of experience isn't going to nominate a guy who would be the least experienced of all time. You might as well talk about nominating Ted Nugent (who I'm sure, based upon your lack of critical thinking skills and whole-hearted acceptance of all right wing propaganda, probably think could win a general election). Ben Carson is just a celebrity right winger, like Nugent, and nothing more. He's not a politician. He's not going to run. He's not going to win the nomination and he's not going to win the general election. Anybody that believes differently has had too much of the kool aid.
I provided evidence to support my statements of Obama being impeached, the bit about Carson was my opinion, but the evidence of impeachment against Obama is real. You have done no such thing, just ad-hominem attacks.

Just because you don't personally like Carson doesn't matter. Do you have evidence to support that he's "a joke"? I provided evidence to show otherwise, here you can read it again.

Ted Cruz and Ben Carson Lead Big GOP Presidential Straw Poll

8,346 posts, read 7,052,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
It would mitigate any further damage he would do.
Like anyone who would succeed him would do any better.

Obama's problems are systemic of the political system, not localized just to him.

Old 06-18-2014, 01:09 PM

47,000 posts, read 26,056,438 times
Quote:
Not one Obama lap dog has argued any reasons as to why the President should NOT be impeached. Not a single one.
No longer happy with assaulting the President, it appears you're now out to attack basic logic. Here's a hint: Not impeaching the President is the default position.

It's you and yours who need to come up with a reason - and as another friendly hint, staying with one well-argued reason is much better than listing half a dozen wild-eyed conspiracies. Not that you'll be able to.

In the meantime, I say drop the bluster and bravado, just do it.

1,138 posts, read 1,043,466 times
Quote:

BTW, contrary to your OP, impeachment has no effect on the times when elections are scheduled.
I agree that his statement was too far, it's not the worst thing since slavery, but it is a bad thing. Dr. Ben Carson is one of the best Doctors in the world, that makes him the authority on it, he says it's bad, it's bad. He has far better plans to fix healthcare, I recommend you read about it.

Dr. Ben Carson's Alternative to Obamacare: Give Americans an HSA at Birth

I already addressed the impeachment process in another post.

33,387 posts, read 34,885,040 times
Quote:
Lou Barletta says there's 'probably' enough votes in the House to impeach Obama | Mail Online

"President Barack Obama has acted so unlawfully that he 'probably' wouldn't survive an impeachment vote in the House of Representatives, Republican Rep. Lou Barletta told a radio host on Monday.'He’s just absolutely ignoring the Constitution, and ignoring the laws and ignoring the checks and balances,' the Pennsylvania lawmaker told News Radio 910 WSBA personality Gary Sutton yesterday. 'The problem is, what do you do?' Barletta continued. 'For those that say impeach him for breaking the laws or bypassing the laws — could that pass in the House? It probably could.'"

"'Is the majority of the American people in favor of impeaching the president? I’m not sure about that.'
"'I don't think so,' the Pennsylvania radio host can be heard telling Barletta in audio of their conversation captured by Buzzfeed's Andrew Kaczyinski." Barletta made the comments during a discussion on illegal immigration after Sutton argued that the president wasn't 'faithfully executing the laws of this country. Well we have a president that has taken this to a new level,' Barletta said of Obama's actions before explaining how he thinks impeachment proceeding would hypothetically play out in the House."

Looks like there's a storm coming straight for the White House. This, combined with the Majority of the American Public wanting President Obama out of the white house (About that Wall Street Journal poll: Is the public saying Obama's presidency is over? | WashingtonExaminer.com), and the impeachable offenses he has done, it's only a matter of time before we get a new President. Joe Biden was involved in the scandals too so he will also be impeached, the whole administration will be.

The next election is going to come sooner than expected!
wrong, even if obama was impeached, easy enough for the house to do, the senate wont convict him, and even if they did they wouldnt toss him from office. but lets say they did, an dlets say biden was also impeached and tossed from office as well. we would not have a new presidential election, look at the line of presidential succession after obama and biden, we would get president bohner, then president kerry, assuming things went that far that fast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies