Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2014, 06:53 AM

4,625 posts, read 12,295,255 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
I would be astonished- if it were not so typical- that you completely ignore the main point that Obama and Clinton are two of the least qualified people ever to run for office, without a major accomplishment between them, and you shed alligator tears over the Republicans not being able to run on accomplishment. Of course, this is because you define accomplishment as the re-distribution of wealth away from those who earned it to those who did not, just as you wish to define "hate" as opposition to re-distribution of wealth.

And as for real "hate," I have never heard of anything so hateful as the things that come out of the mouths of democrats like Charlie Rangel and Sheila Jackson Lee, but again, you like the double standard. Only Republicans should be held accountable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
This is an obvious canard. We were talking about Hillary Clinton. Not Bill.

But you understand this. You are being intentionally deceitful.

And disruptive. Can you at least come out and admit Hillary's appalling behavior on the matter of the topic? Can you have at least that level of honesty?

As for making a fool of myself: this is projection. You are clearly making a fool of yourself and are trying to remain in your little bizzaro world by projecting that onto me.
Actually you were quite vague whether you were referencing Hillary, or Bill, but you were being partisan. Honestly, I think Hillary is qualified based on past practice and education. Your statement of least qualified is just a regurgitation from right wing biased media you ascribe to. Reality check is that right wing media is so desperate they have to go back to 1975 to bash her. What about real journalism and main street Americans who just want a job? Will your corporate backed politicians do anything about this? Past practice says no!

Old 06-23-2014, 07:58 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
Its attitudes like this that go far in explaining to me why the GOP can't win the presidency in 2016.

People who are this bitter and stuck in the past have nothing to offer this country.

Hillary Clinton was a lawyer defending her client in this case. There's no point in criminal defendants having a lawyer at all if they aren't able to do their job without having people blaming them for doing it as well as they can.

I realize Hillary is a bitter pill for many on the right to swallow. However, until you develop a "more normal" opposition that offers Americans something other than hate and negativity, you aren't going to go far.
Does "defending their client" include laughing about the victim? Finding humor in the situation? of course lawyers must defend their clients. But they don't have to mock the crime and victim after the fact. That's what separates the moral criminal defense lawyer and the scum.

Old 06-23-2014, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Read that article carefully. The victim is interesting herself. She originally failed a polygraph test. In 2008, she made the statement that "Hillary Clinton was just doing her job".

The police mishandled the only piece of physical evidence in the case.

The fact that the only real evidence of guilt was the victim's testimony and the original polygraph indicated deception on her part are the real reasons this case was lost. Not because of unethical or tricky lawyering on Clinton's part.

Hillary's chuckling during the taped interview she gave was inappropriate. However, to try and make this into a campaign issue again shows the utter desperation of the far right.

Do they really most Americans would vote for the likes of Ted Cruz or Rand Paul? Or, maybe we should vote for the brother of that last fool who was President? Shine on harvest moon......
So we're going to blame the victim here? No surprise.

Let's compare this to the accusations against Romney, when he was accused of murder by the lefties, because a company that he had formerly owned dropped an employee's healthcare, and the man's wife died of cancer. Not once did they hold the man or his wife to any sort of standard with regards to their own behavior, which contributed greatly to her death. But the leftwingers were ready to charge Romney, when he had zero to do with the woman's situation.

Nobody is blaming Hilary for doing her best to defend her client (at least I'm not). But to laugh about it, whatever the part of the case was being discussed, shows her complete lack of common sense.

Old 06-23-2014, 08:12 AM

14,400 posts, read 14,306,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Does "defending their client" include laughing about the victim? Finding humor in the situation? of course lawyers must defend their clients. But they don't have to mock the crime and victim after the fact. That's what separates the moral criminal defense lawyer and the scum.
Listen to the tape. She's laughing at the polygraph result and not the victim.

Old 06-23-2014, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Listen to the tape. She's laughing at the polygraph result and not the victim.
She's laughing while discussing a case where a young girl was raped, and Clinton knew the man was guilty. NOTHING about the situation should incite laughter. NOTHING.

Old 06-23-2014, 08:18 AM

14,400 posts, read 14,306,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
She's laughing while discussing a case where a young girl was raped, and Clinton knew the man was guilty. NOTHING about the situation should incite laughter. NOTHING.
And nothing you have said would remotely affect the vote of someone who wasn't already committed to voting against Clinton for President.

Old 06-23-2014, 08:45 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
This is interesting. Conservatives getting high & mighty about a girl raped years ago yet any time this topic is brought up, they always blame the victim. Now suddently, because a democrat is involved in this story, their morally outraged? Hilarious!!

Old 06-23-2014, 10:11 AM

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
4,375 posts, read 4,070,027 times
She'll probably win the primary, but I don't see her winning the general election. Our next President is most likely going to be a Republican; the Democrats had our eight years.

Old 06-23-2014, 10:43 AM

9,824 posts, read 11,548,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino78x View Post
She'll probably win the primary, but I don't see her winning the general election. Our next President is most likely going to be a Republican; the Democrats had our eight years.
Republicans will never get the office if they don't quit Dismissing Women and gay rights!
Republicans do have a outside shot, but they need to go Take their crazy aunt and uncles, AKA the "Tea Party" and lock them in the back house till after the election

Old 06-23-2014, 11:32 AM

11,768 posts, read 10,262,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino78x View Post
She might be one of the more prominent Democrats, but the Democrats don't tend to do "reruns". Now, if it wasn't for the fact that Republicans are hell bent on being the party of stupid I would place my money on them because Bush 1 was the last time the US didn't switch the presidential party.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
Republicans will never get the office if they don't quit Dismissing Women and gay rights!
Republicans do have a outside shot, but they need to go Take their crazy aunt and uncles, AKA the "Tea Party" and lock them in the back house till after the election
The problem is the R's are excluding, alienating, and pushing out the moderate sane people. So they end up with an echo chamber of radicals and the only way they can win with their remaining base is to double down and become even more extreme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
This is interesting. Conservatives getting high & mighty about a girl raped years ago yet any time this topic is brought up, they always blame the victim. Now suddently, because a democrat is involved in this story, their morally outraged? Hilarious!!
They weren't talking about 12 yr old children though. In this particular case a minority of them are "outraged", but they would be outraged at anything. Hell, they still think Obama is an illegal president, not actually a citizen, and that his entire presidency is going to be vacated any day now. I'm sure that Sheriff Arpaio is on the case though. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies